Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Re: Pats Lead Up - Bye Bye Ty 

Post#101 » by Treebeard » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:00 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow.... Belichek shoveling a Lou Holtz level of BS there....
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Re: Pats Lead Up - Bye Bye Ty and Ha Ha 

Post#102 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:03 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Draft and develop is fine IF, as Twirl said, you have good drafts. We haven't. So now we have our second consecutive HOF quarterback entering the last few years of his career. It should be all about win now imo. Go back to draft and develop when we have a crappy quarterback.

Josh Brown/Mack could've been our Rison/White. Future be damn
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#103 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Treebeard wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow.... Belichek shoveling a Lou Holtz level of BS there....

He heaps praise on him, because he knows if McCarthy gets fired, Belichek will have to deal with Rodgers having a real coach.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,376

Post#104 » by MoreTrife » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 pm

:banghead:
Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:
glenn wrote:Jesus, for a team that had a philosophy of only building through the draft they have a lot of years where barely anyone from the draft class is still around.

thanks ted

the good news is they have, like, 10 picks in this coming draft now....two firsts and two fourths

FWIW, I heard recently from someone four or five degrees removed that TT is suffering from dementia right now pretty bad... Maybe just a nasty rumor but maybe not... dementia doesn't just appear either. Might explain a lot.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#105 » by bizarro » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Draft and develop is fine IF, as Twirl said, you have good drafts. We haven't. So now we have our second consecutive HOF quarterback entering the last few years of his career. It should be all about win now imo. Go back to draft and develop when we have a crappy quarterback.

In Gutey I trust. He’s already proven to be 10x the GM we had in TT. His first draft looks VERY promising early and he’s already used roster-building avenues we haven’t seen in some time. Just need to let him fire MM, get his own HC, and get another draft under his belt.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#106 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Think there was definitely some locker room stuff going on with Haha.

He’s a criminal justice major, pro-police, and is opposed to players kneeling.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#107 » by LUKE23 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Like the moves. Packers will be 4-6-1 after 11 and out of the playoff race, so get more picks now. Hopefully MM is fired and we nail our 2019 draft.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#108 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Think there was definitely some locker room stuff going on with Haha.

......Ok?
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#109 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:30 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

......Ok?

There were guys kneeling on the team last year, and it may have led to some of the locker room stuff.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#110 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 pm

I wasn't really talking about that stuff at all. He made those public comments about playing elsewhere after this season and I think the team wanted him to be a leader on the defense, but he never embraced that role. You don't air those types of grievances out in the open like that. I'm guessing there were a few guys in the locker room that didn't take kindly to a teammate acting like he already had one foot out the door.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#111 » by bizarro » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:He’s a criminal justice major, pro-police, and is opposed to players kneeling.

......Ok?

There were guys kneeling on the team last year, and it may have led to some of the locker room stuff.

Um, that’s a significant reach. He was traded because they weren’t interested in resigning him, he was getting public with it, and he’s just been average to slightly above for two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#112 » by LittleRooster » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 pm

MoreTrife wrote::banghead:
Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:
glenn wrote:Jesus, for a team that had a philosophy of only building through the draft they have a lot of years where barely anyone from the draft class is still around.

thanks ted

the good news is they have, like, 10 picks in this coming draft now....two firsts and two fourths

FWIW, I heard recently from someone four or five degrees removed that TT is suffering from dementia right now pretty bad... Maybe just a nasty rumor but maybe not... dementia doesn't just appear either. Might explain a lot.

I’ve wondered about that for a few years. Very sad if true. I don’t blame Ted for the last three years as much as I blame Murphy for keeping someone who was declining mentally.

Tough situation all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#113 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 pm

bizarro wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
......Ok?

Um, that’s a significant reach.

How is that a reach that his views may have caused some disagreements in the locker room?

Reid and Jenkins were on the SAME SIDE of the issue and damn near almost came to blows in pregame.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#114 » by RRyder823 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:There were guys kneeling on the team last year, and it may have led to some of the locker room stuff.

Um, that’s a significant reach.

How is that a reach that his views may have caused some disagreements in the locker room?

Reid and Jenkins were on the SAME SIDE of the issue and damn near almost came to blows in pregame.
Because you may as well say that kneeling is the reason for every locker room issue across the league then.

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,026

Post#115 » by RiotPunch » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:26 pm

I was at the LA game, so I'm glad to see Monty gone. Ha Ha for a 4th is a steal as well. Go have a stellar draft, go get the most creative/innovative offensive mind on the market, and spend some of that $45M on some pieces to help Aaron get us back to the Owl.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#116 » by ibanezjp » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm

RiotPunch wrote:I was at the LA game, so I'm glad to see Monty gone. Ha Ha for a 4th is a steal as well. Go have a stellar draft, go get the most creative/innovative offensive mind on the market, and spend some of that $45M on some pieces to help Aaron get us back to the Owl.

Pretty much where I’m at. We need our coach Bud.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#117 » by RRyder823 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Calling a 4th round pick for Ha Ha a steal is just plain silly. About even more like for a rental you gotta pay. Good player. Not great but will probably get paid like it so I understand the idea of trading him for a 4th.

However this is a move that punts the season by creating a huge gaping hole that will need to be addressed. I haven't been a fan of Gutes so fat and am not a fan of punting away the season like he has cause if your going to make this trade he really should've just sold Cobb off too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Post#118 » by El Duderino » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:30 pm

RRyder823 wrote:Calling a 4th round pick for Ha Ha a steal is just plain silly. About even more like for a rental you gotta pay. Good player. Not great but will probably get paid like it so I understand the idea of trading him for a 4th.

However this is a move that punts the season by creating a huge gaping hole that will need to be addressed.

If losing a player of nothing special caliber like Ha Ha causes the Packers season to be toast, the season wasn't going anywhere regardless.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#119 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Haha was playing better than people gave him credit for, but this is far from a punting on the season move.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#120 » by rilamann » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:47 pm

If you had asked me before these trades to name 2 players on the Packers roster who I could see being improved if they went to a different team, I would have said Haha & TY.

TY royally **** up Sunday, but he's a high quality NFL player, if he's on a team that knows how to properly use his talents.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Green Bay Packers