ImageImage

Pats Lead Up - Bye Bye Ty and Ha Ha

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: Pats Lead Up - Bye Bye Ty and Ha Ha 

Post#161 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:12 pm

sdn40 wrote:Tramon played some safety last week, HHCD was running his mouth too much as well. The defensive coaches are not sad to see him go per Nagler. It's basically a wash as we most likely would have gotten a compensatory 4th, but why take a chance, we've been screwed before. Also we are free to sign guys in the offseason without it affecting the pick

If we sign any free agents in the offseason that would offset the compensatory pick and we wouldn’t get anything. This was our only chance to guarantee an extra pick and still be a player in free agency. (This is per Locked on Packers)
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#162 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#163 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:33 pm

I think that we are a favorite to sign Earl Thomas. I think that we were ready to let HHCD leave and make a run at Earl Thomas at the end of this year anyways.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#164 » by JayMKE » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Did what they had to do with Ty, can't come back from not listening to coach + losing the game with a stupid decision + blasting your teammates. Good riddance, he wasn't a good RB anyways.
FREE GIANNIS
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#165 » by Mags FTW » Thu Nov 1, 2018 12:17 am

Earl Thomas turns 30 in May and will be coming off of a broken leg. He also broke that same leg 2 years ago. I wouldn’t sign him to anything long term.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#166 » by Aaron It Out » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:06 am

Thought Ty handled the transition to RB admirably, really stepped up when we needed him there. Not saying he was great there, but it was cool. They should have moved him back to WR when Jones and Williams proved to be much, much better options there and we needed more depth at receiver. Instead they forced him as the #1 back for too long because McCarthy. I'm happy they traded him and won't miss him, but definitely a situation that could have been handled better before his attitude went to ****.

I was pumped when we drated HaHa. Thought he would become the Nick Collins the defense desperately missed. He obviously never lived up to that, and I'm really glad we're not paying him. Another player with a questionable attitude (getting in a fight with Peppers on the sideline always comes to mind). Not only that, but for a guy who many fans believe to be a hard hitting, aggressive player, he sure got ran over and caught backpedaling a lot.

Good riddance to both guys.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#167 » by FAH1223 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:17 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hayward would be soooooo valuable right now
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#168 » by LikeABosh » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:50 am

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was thinking of this the other day. Knowing when you're gonna snap the ball is a huge advantage for the defense. I don't know why the Packers are okay with this
dsilby
Senior
And1: 317

Post#169 » by dsilby » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:52 am

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But he didn't even get a jump. I don't see Donald doing anything the other lineman weren't doing.

With that said, the 1 second thing makes total sense. I just didn't see that example in this video.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#170 » by crkone » Thu Nov 1, 2018 12:18 pm

Aaron It Out wrote:Thought Ty handled the transition to RB admirably, really stepped up when we needed him there. Not saying he was great there, but it was cool. They should have moved him back to WR when Jones and Williams proved to be much, much better options there and we needed more depth at receiver. Instead they forced him as the #1 back for too long because McCarthy. I'm happy they traded him and won't miss him, but definitely a situation that could have been handled better before his attitude went to ****.

I was pumped when we drated HaHa. Thought he would become the Nick Collins the defense desperately missed. He obviously never lived up to that, and I'm really glad we're not paying him. Another player with a questionable attitude (getting in a fight with Peppers on the sideline always comes to mind). Not only that, but for a guy who many fans believe to be a hard hitting, aggressive player, he sure got ran over and caught backpedaling a lot.

Good riddance to both guys.

Ty was a worse receiver than a RB. He just had no position on this team. As far as Haha, him avoiding tackles, er I mean giving it his all on those missed tackles, so he didn't get injured was pretty eye opening this season.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#171 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:25 pm

The line has gone down from 6.5 to 5.5.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#172 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 1, 2018 7:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#173 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 1, 2018 9:05 pm

Thank god. Truman played safety in Cleveland and it's about time that they buried Brice on the depth chart. Tramon/Whitehead and hopefully Jones as the 3rd safety.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#174 » by RRyder823 » Fri Nov 2, 2018 12:08 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Thank god. Truman played safety in Cleveland and it's about time that they buried Brice on the depth chart. Tramon/Whitehead and hopefully Jones as the 3rd safety.
What exactly makes you think Brice isnt going to be starting opposite Tramon?

Hopefully this works better for Tramon then his stint in Cleveland

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#175 » by trwi7 » Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:57 am

“He thought he was good enough that he didn’t have to study as much as a rookie (does),” a team source said of Clinton-Dix’s mindset the last two seasons. “He’s guessing (in pass coverage). He’s thinking that’s how you get paid.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2018/11/01/dougherty-unraveling-mystery-ha-ha-clinton-dixs-decline/1848782002/
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#176 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Nov 2, 2018 6:50 am

trwi7 wrote:
“He thought he was good enough that he didn’t have to study as much as a rookie (does),” a team source said of Clinton-Dix’s mindset the last two seasons. “He’s guessing (in pass coverage). He’s thinking that’s how you get paid.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2018/11/01/dougherty-unraveling-mystery-ha-ha-clinton-dixs-decline/1848782002/

That is a big yikes.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#177 » by BUCKnation » Fri Nov 2, 2018 12:38 pm

Definitely believe that considering he never seemed to progress and even regressed during the past couple of seasons
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#178 » by raysbookclub » Fri Nov 2, 2018 8:48 pm

This doesn't excuse the dumb play by Montgomery, but this sure doesn't make Zook look good.

Read on Twitter
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#179 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 2, 2018 10:34 pm

books wrote:This doesn't excuse the dumb play by Montgomery, but this sure doesn't make Zook look good.

That can be said about many things.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#180 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 2, 2018 10:43 pm

You know what would be crazy?

If maybe we took Cobb, who has returned kicks and played some QB in college, and had him run a Music City Miracle-type return.

I dunno. Just thinking outside the box a bit. Trying to be a little creative. Have our return team do something good.

Return to Green Bay Packers