WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: Pats Lead Up - Bye Bye Ty and Ha Ha 

Post#181 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Nov 3, 2018 9:29 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was thinking of this the other day. Knowing when you're gonna snap the ball is a huge advantage for the defense. I don't know why the Packers are okay with this
It irrationally annoys me and has for years now. It's honestly my one real complaint about Rodgers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#182 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Nov 3, 2018 9:32 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm confused. Scott had a bad game but has been fine. Is he banged up or something?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#183 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#184 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#185 » by RRyder823 » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:41 pm

Sign a Punter or sign Irving?

Sounds about right Gute

Admittedly they cant go after Irving till Monday but the punter signing makes little sense
Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#186 » by Wisky4life » Sat Nov 3, 2018 11:25 pm

Before I read about the Punter stuff, any interest in Bruce Irvin off waivers?
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#187 » by RRyder823 » Sat Nov 3, 2018 11:35 pm

Wisky4life wrote:Before I read about the Punter stuff, any interest in Bruce Irvin off waivers?
He doesnt hit waivers until Monday since he wasnt cut today so probably no news till then

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#188 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Nov 4, 2018 1:56 am

Do we have the cap space to pick up the balance of his 8M for the season?
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#189 » by Wisky4life » Sun Nov 4, 2018 2:08 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Do we have the cap space to pick up the balance of his 8M for the season?

I think we have like $7 million so picking up his what $4 million or so should be fine. Might be worth it if we are going to be contenders.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#190 » by LikeABosh » Sun Nov 4, 2018 2:45 am

Irvin kind of sucks. He'd join Matthews and Perry for the 4 sack season club

But I did hear his motor was the issue. Maybe he'd be better if he played for a team that wasn't 1-7
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#191 » by HKPackFan » Sun Nov 4, 2018 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I'm on my phone so format is off, but this is excellent insight by Greg Jennings the player.

Good stuff starts a little after 6 minutes, but I enjoyed the whole thing.

This is the best interview Jennings has ever done.

Quick hits:

#1 MM runs plays to pacify everyone, share the ball, instead of go to your best guys (davante or Jones anyone???)
#2 MM runs a less complex offense to get guys open (we've known that for several years)
#3 MM going back to Favre days when #4 used to ignore the play all and run his own play, MM set a tight lease the moment Rodgers took over.

There were a few other interesting comments about the frustration in the WR lockeroom that there's no scheming wr open or anything. And about how Rodgers takes over in 2 minutes and that's all Rodgers (which we knew). But MM will never allow a p. Manning situation where he takes over the game.

It's was great hearing it from the players perspective.
#FreeChuckDiesel
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,526

Post#192 » by th87 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:12 am

HKPackFan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I'm on my phone so format is off, but this is excellent insight by Greg Jennings the player.

Quick hits:

#1 MM runs plays to pacify everyone, share the ball, instead of go to your best guys (davante or Jones anyone???)
#2 MM runs a less complex offense to get guys open (we've known that for several years)
#3 MM going back to Favre days when #4 used to ignore the play all and run his own play, MM set a tight lease the moment Rodgers took over.

There were a few other interesting comments about the frustration in the WR lockeroom that there's no scheming wr open or anything. And about how Rodgers takes over in 2 minutes and that's all Rodgers (which we knew). But MM will never allow a p. Manning situation where he takes over the game.

We are witnessing near-criminal malfeasance regarding the greatest player of all time. I think everyone has somewhat normalized this, which has led to an inappropriate amount of complacency.

The football gods gave us an incredible gift after another HOF QB. The organization's prime directive should've been to maximize everything around him. Is the front office the best of the best? It was until about 2012. How about the defense? Capers should've been shown the door after Kaepernick - that was the perfect exclamation point to a rather sudden defensive decline.

MM was in reality done after Seattle in 2014, but you can't fire a SB-winning coach after making it to the NFCCG, which I understand. But the organization never recovered from that. After 2015 was the perfect opportunity. The offense that year was stagnant and terrible, and there was probably a lot of 2014 bad blood residue on that team.

When are the Packers going to realize what everyone else has known for sometime now?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#193 » by rilamann » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:23 am

HKPackFan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Quick hits:

Nothing I didn't really already know, but it's nice to have verification from a reputable source that the Packers put not hurting people's feelings above going to Super Bowls.

The Packers aren't going to the Super Bowl this season, but it's awesome that they aren't hurting Jamal Williams' feelings by giving Aaron Jones a bunch of touches.....lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#194 » by ibanezjp » Sun Nov 4, 2018 6:43 am

Sucks about Geronimo. Has a anyone seen somebody picking the Packers to win? Everything I’ve seen from TV, to USA Today, to podcasts has all picked New England. For as evenly matched as all the experts seem to think these teams are you’d think it would’nt be a stretch for a few people to pick the packers.

Return to Green Bay Packers