ImageImage

Dolphins Lead Up - Whitehead Released; Allison on IR.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Re: Dolphins Lead Up 

Post#41 » by sdn40 » Wed Nov 7, 2018 10:58 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
I'm not commenting on that - I doubt Gute would force anyone's hand like that at a position that is already thin.

I'm just pointing out that saying "Pettine is in charge of starters, not MM" is pretty silly when Pettine reports directly to MM. If McCarthy wants Pettine to play Josh Jones, he'll play Josh Jones.

Technically yes. But MM didn't hire Pettine to boss him around. The lineup is Pettines. And no, I don't think there is a scenario where MM would tell Pettine who to start. And that wasn't the main argument anyway

You don't know what McCarthy would do or wouldn't do. I have zero doubt that Mac gives Pettine rein to run his defense, but I also have zero doubt that he consults with Pettine and provides his input into the gameplan and approach. That is what head coaches do.

To make such a definitive statement otherwise is all speculation on your part. For you to call another poster "ignorant" on that basis is pretty silly.

The post was ignorant - I never called another poster ignorant. Gute doesn't cut guys to force others to play. Plain and simple. That was the comment I was referring to. If you want to call it speculation - so be it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#42 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:15 pm

sdn40 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
Technically yes. But MM didn't hire Pettine to boss him around. The lineup is Pettines. And no, I don't think there is a scenario where MM would tell Pettine who to start. And that wasn't the main argument anyway

You don't know what McCarthy would do or wouldn't do. I have zero doubt that Mac gives Pettine rein to run his defense, but I also have zero doubt that he consults with Pettine and provides his input into the gameplan and approach. That is what head coaches do.

To make such a definitive statement otherwise is all speculation on your part. For you to call another poster "ignorant" on that basis is pretty silly.

The post was ignorant - I never called another poster ignorant. Gute doesn't cut guys to force others to play. Plain and simple. That was the comment I was referring to. If you want to call it speculation - so be it.

I'll call it speculation because it is speculation on your part. You don't know what Gute would do or what he wouldn't do. You can suggest/allege otherwise, but unless you've heard it from him directly or are in his head, you don't know enough to allege that speculation contrary is "ignorant."
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#43 » by stillgotgame » Thu Nov 8, 2018 2:57 am

sdn40 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
sdn40 wrote:

So do you think Pettine went to Gute and said cut Whitehead? I doubt it.
Gute cut Whitehead. The front office doesn't hold the hand of the defensive coordinator when crap hits the fan.
You don't think Gute is putting pressure on McCarthy right now? Gute just got hired, his job is secure. McCarthy is on the chopping block, and they both know it.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#44 » by sdn40 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:39 am

stillgotgame wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

So do you think Pettine went to Gute and said cut Whitehead? I doubt it.
Gute cut Whitehead. The front office doesn't hold the hand of the defensive coordinator when crap hits the fan.
You don't think Gute is putting pressure on McCarthy right now? Gute just got hired, his job is secure. McCarthy is on the chopping block, and they both know it.

As Gute said in his press conference, there are discussions between he and the coaches. I can post a link to the video if I somehow need to provide proof of this. They talk every day. I don't have proof, I have never attended and I don't know of anyone that has attended, but I 'speculate' they talk about players and their performances and their fits and what players are available etc. Ibraheim Campbell played for Pettine. I could explain further what that means and connect the dots, but it would be 'speculation' apparently.

No, I don't think Gute is putting pressure on McCarthy. Gute has nothing to do with whether McCarthy stays or goes. That's up to Murphy. You are flat out wrong as it's not even in his job description. It's not rocket science. I hope I don't get yelled at to provide a link. It's pretty common knowledge to any fan that even remotely pays attention. Gute is doing his job, which is player personnel, not coach evaluation. McCarthy on the chopping block is pure speculation on your part. Gonna need a link that they both know it, otherwise, more speculation. I speculate further that this post is politically correct on all counts
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Dolphins Lead Up - Whitehead Released; Allison on IR. 

Post#45 » by humanrefutation » Thu Nov 8, 2018 6:15 am

Funny video from Landon Collins explaining why Aaron Rodgers is the best player he's ever played against.

https://www.facebook.com/7331091005/posts/10156631676926006/
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#46 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 8, 2018 7:38 pm

Davis will be activated next week to face Seattle. McCarthy wouldn't say if Kumerow would be activated this season. I'm guessing not unless another receiver goes down.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#47 » by Jollay » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:13 am

Happy we got rid of Whitehead. I was scared the HaHa move was done in part pretending Whitehead was actually good.

He. Was. Not.

Guess Brice can stay even though he really isn't too good either. It's called the "Perry Principle," when you have no one else...

Just hope we don't give him 12 million a year.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#48 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:16 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#49 » by rilamann » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:35 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Packers organization is so stupid, they think they're smart.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#50 » by midranger » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:46 am

Workload not determined by production, rather lower half muscular definition.

Fire this entire staff already.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,813

Post#51 » by RubberSoul » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:16 am

midranger wrote:Workload not determined by production, rather lower half muscular definition.

Lol you can’t make this stuff up. Just amazing. I’d like to see him explain how Ty Montgomery was built like a brick house but was banged up all the time.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#52 » by HKPackFan » Fri Nov 9, 2018 8:34 am

RubberSoul wrote:
midranger wrote:Workload not determined by production, rather lower half muscular definition.

Lol you can’t make this stuff up. Just amazing. I’d like to see him explain how Ty Montgomery was built like a brick house but was banged up all the time.

Only give him 5 carries a game...Not enough muscular definition.
#FreeChuckDiesel
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#53 » by stillgotgame » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:49 pm

Let's predict the Mike McCarthy led screw up that changes the momentum of this game and gives us the L
Will it be?

1. Special teams gaffe - most likely
2. A slow developing trap up the middle from our own half yardline
3. Delay of game when he can't decide which run to call on a crucial 3rd and 6
4. Stupid penalty due to complete lack of accountability.
5. Innovative offense by the Dolphins confuses our new safeties

Let's get this tank rolling

Read on Twitter
?s=20
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#54 » by humanrefutation » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:34 pm

Frighteningly explosive and fast moving fires are enveloping towns in Northern California, and are headed towards Chico, CA, the hometown of Aaron Rodgers.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/paradise-lost-the-camp-fire-has-reportedly-burned-an-e-1830333145

I wonder if his family still lives there?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#55 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:30 pm

I completely forgot that Trevor Davis was still on this roster....
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,298

Post#56 » by Wooderson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 am

Cobb wrote:“We've lost games before here, but this just feels different,” said receiver Randall Cobb, who was a part of both the R-E-L-A-X and run-the-table seasons. “And it doesn't feel good. It's not fun. But we've got to figure something out.”

link
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#57 » by HKPackFan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:09 am

Is the bucks game on at the same time of the Packer game?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#58 » by Mags FTW » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am

HKPackFan wrote:Is the bucks game on at the same time of the Packer game?

Packer game should end about a half hour before Bucks start.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 270

Post#59 » by Reddeye » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 am

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/11/10/silverstein-packers-need-devise-new-ways-get-davante-adams-open/1948827002/

Valdes-Scantling twice got free deep in the secondary, once for a 51-yard gain and once an incompletion because Rodgers decided to throw it back shoulder instead of leading the rookie down the field. Valdes-Scantling has 4.37-second speed in the 40-yard dash and leads qualified receivers in yards per catch with a 21.1 average.

Both of those plays could have been touchdowns if Rodgers had thrown better passes.

St. Brown also got free deep in the secondary twice, but both times came up empty. On the first, Rodgers had a free blitzer coming at him and threw the ball down the right side of the field. St. Brown, seeing no safety in the middle, broke to the post and the ball went sailing past him.

It should have been a touchdown.

On the other one, St. Brown was open again down the right sideline and Rodgers threw the ball too far toward the sideline. St. Brown was right where he was supposed to be and would have caught the ball over his shoulder and in stride if the pass were on target.

If you’re McCarthy and his offensive staff, your matchup system has been reinforced by those four passes that all could have been big plays, if not touchdowns. The more attention Adams receives, the more those rookies are going to have favorable matchups.

Return to Green Bay Packers