ImageImage

1st half Studs and Duds

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

1st half Studs and Duds 

Post#1 » by RRyder823 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 6:55 pm

8 games into the year now. Who are your Studs and Duds at the halfway point?

Studs:

Clark- Just a flat out beast

Martinez- Really Really underrated ILB. Might not be Kuechly but dude can play

Adams- Hes played like a #1 drawing coverage and making plays

Alexander- I was VERY vocal about not likeing passing on James, (still a lil salty), but he has played as good as one could of possibly hoped for and definitely tempered my disapointment from draft night

MVS: Has come on lately and shows a lot of potential

Oline- Probably a lil controversial but the unit is ranked as the 4th best pass blocking unit in the league and has done a good job opening up holes in the running game

Jones- Has things to work on but is clearly a dynamic runner

Honorable mention:

Rodgers doesnt make the stud list quite yet imo but that's largely due to injury and even though I might get beat up for it Clay has played surprisingly well this year (not good enough to want to keep him next year but still better then expected)

Duds:

Perry- If anyone asked if hes actually been playing would anyone be surprised?

Cobb- After week one he's been largely invisible outside of when we all wished he was

Brice- I liked him comming into the season but oh my have things changed

J Jones- Largely here for not being good enough to beat out Brice

Daniels- Probably a lil controversial but he has to be more of a difference maker then what he's been. Hasnt been bad just not as good as he should be

M Adams- I had high hopes for him comming into the year but hes largely been a non factor

Burkes- He was a project comming in so perhaps I'm being harsh but when theres such an improvement in a run defense from having a 4th CB or a 3rd Saftey on the field instead of you that's a red flag

(I tried to leave coaches off cause otherwise this is going to turn into a MM Or Zook **** show)

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Re: 1st half Studs and Duds 

Post#2 » by raysbookclub » Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:48 pm

I'll add to the duds, Reggie Gilbert. Preseason hype was he deserved a spot in the regular edge rotation, could put a lot of pressure on the QB. I haven't seen much pressure, and he's been so so bad holding the edge against the run. Like if I were a playcaller and I saw 93 on the edge, I'd automatically call an outside run to his side. Though Perry's been quiet, Gilbert hasn't been able to take some of his snaps like Fackrell has started to.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:14 pm

Rodgers has been a dud. Sorry.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#4 » by Matches Malone » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:25 pm

For some weird reason, I thought Lenzy Pipkins and Kentrell Brice were going to be good in Pettine's defense. Well now one sucks and the other is on another team (and also sucks).
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#5 » by RRyder823 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:30 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Rodgers has been a dud. Sorry.
I was tempted to put him in the "dud" category but ultimately didnt because I felt it would only be appropriate in comparison to how he's played before and what we expect..... Then again I did put Daniels in as a dud by largely doing that so.......

RRyder823
General Manager

Post#6 » by RRyder823 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:33 pm

books wrote:I'll add to the duds, Reggie Gilbert. Preseason hype was he deserved a spot in the regular edge rotation, could put a lot of pressure on the QB. I haven't seen much pressure, and he's been so so bad holding the edge against the run. Like if I were a playcaller and I saw 93 on the edge, I'd automatically call an outside run to his side. Though Perry's been quiet, Gilbert hasn't been able to take some of his snaps like Fackrell has started to.
Gilbert isnt a bad addition. Him not being able to crack a bad pass rushing rotation is more then a lil disappointing

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:47 pm

Stud: HHC-D because PFF said so.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#8 » by sdn40 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 10:14 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Rodgers has been injured. Sorry.

Return to Green Bay Packers