ImageImage

2019 Packers Off Season Thread - Cut Day Saturday

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Re: 2019 Packers Off Season Thread - Allison and Lewis Re-Signed (pg 38) 

Post#781 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 pm

trwi7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:You guys realize Jordy was let go because the GM wanted Rodgers to start focusing on other WR right?

That's pretty dumb because Nelson wasn't even close to being the most targeted receiver his last year here.

Are you being facetious?

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,575

Post#782 » by Frank Nova » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 pm

trwi7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:You guys realize Jordy was let go because the GM wanted Rodgers to start focusing on other WR right?

That's pretty dumb because Nelson wasn't even close to being the most targeted receiver his last year here.
DA is at worst top 5 at the position at this point, anyone not named Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins or Julio Jones isnt taking a single target away from him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#783 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:17 pm

M-C-G wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Are you being facetious?

Uhh no, because he wasn't.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,429

Post#784 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:43 pm

I thought Tate might be an option but no way I'd have paid what the Giants paid.

I'd take Jordy back on a cheap deal. I'm not sold on last years rooks. I actually think Kumerow will be good this year if he doesn't do something stupid again. I don't see Gute signing him though.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#785 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 pm

trwi7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Are you being facetious?

Maybe I am having a dumb moment here, so feel free to correct me;
-I say the GM got rid of Jordy because he wanted Rodgers focusing on other WR, my guess is Adams but I will leave that open to 'Rodgers has become over dependent on an aging Jordy, to the point our GM allegedly offered him a vet min deal' (which I interpret as kicking him out the door)
-You say, Jordy didn't even lead the team in targets his last year here
-I imply, well of course, because Brett Hundley started 9 games and played in 11
-You retort 'uhh no, because he wasn't'

Not sure where we got off track here, but I stand by my line of thinking.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#786 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 pm

I don't think that Jordy having to learn a new offense is a worthwhile addition.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,293

Post#787 » by rilamann » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I thought Tate might be an option but no way I'd have paid what the Giants paid.

I'd take Jordy back on a cheap deal. I'm not sold on last years rooks. I actually think Kumerow will be good this year if he doesn't do something stupid again. I don't see Gute signing him though.

I would take Jordy back too, as washed up as he is, he'd still be our 2nd best WR this season.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#788 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:54 pm

rilamann wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I thought Tate might be an option but no way I'd have paid what the Giants paid.

I would take Jordy back too, as washed up as he is, he'd still be our 2nd best WR this season.

Jordy's washed. The whole point is we should be going hard after someone leaps and bounds better than Jordy. It wouldn't be hard.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#789 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:57 pm

M-C-G wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Are you being facetious?

-I say the GM got rid of Jordy because he wanted Rodgers focusing on other WR, my guess is Adams but I will leave that open to 'Rodgers has become over dependent on an aging Jordy, to the point our GM allegedly offered him a vet min deal' (which I interpret as kicking him out the door)
-I imply, well of course, because Brett Hundley started 9 games and played in 11

Nelson and Rodgers played 5 full games together in 2017. Here are the total number of targets of the receivers in those games.

Adams - 36
Cobb - 36 (DNP in one game)
Nelson - 34
Montgomery - 16 (DNP in two games)
Bennett - 20 (DNP in one game)
Kendricks - 11
Allison - 18 (DNP in two games)

This idea that Rodgers was only targeting Nelson is ridiculous and 100% false.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#790 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Jordy's washed. The whole point is we should be going hard after someone leaps and bounds better than Jordy. It wouldn't be hard.

I actually kind of like our boundary guys on the roster between Adams and if one of MVS, ESB or maybe even Kumerow make a jump....finding a high quality slot guy is the key IMO
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#791 » by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:11 am

No interest in Nelson. Need to keep developing the guys we have and/or bring in via draft and the rest of free agency.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#792 » by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:17 am

I wonder how much it would take to add Quinton Spain? He looked decent last year and played in LaFleur's offensive scheme. I'm a bit down on Lane Taylor, and wouldn't mind more competition at LG too.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#793 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 am

trwi7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Nelson and Rodgers played 5 full games together in 2017. Here are the total number of targets of the receivers in those games.

Adams - 36
Cobb - 36 (DNP in one game)
Nelson - 34
Montgomery - 16 (DNP in two games)
Bennett - 20 (DNP in one game)
Kendricks - 11
Allison - 18 (DNP in two games)

This idea that Rodgers was only targeting Nelson is ridiculous and 100% false.

Your distorting the point if you are saying only targeting Jordy, those aren’t my words.

Anyone watching the Packers have seen Rodgers overly depending on back shoulder Jordys for years. I think that has been somewhat of a detriment to the overall offense and I think Gute would agree with me but I guess we will really never know.

Again I think my line of thinking stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#794 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 am

I really don't think Jordy was gone because the GM thought Rodgers was gonna target him too much. He was expensive and washed.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#795 » by emunney » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 am

I have to believe he'd still be effective with Rodgers in the slot. At the very least it's insurance against injury. I actually am sold on the 2nd year guys (St. Brown and MVS mainly), and still think it'd be worth it to have Jordy in the mix. If I wasn't sold on the 2nd year guys, I'd want to get a better and younger player. Don't think we need that kind of investment. Which isn't to say we shouldn't draft a WR high if we think he's special.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#796 » by Wisky4life » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:21 am

Bring breeland back on a 4 year deal

Then Jordy, Matthews, Wilkerson and Cobb all on 1 year $2 mil retirement superbowl deals loaded with incentives.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,994

Post#797 » by Daver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 am

Ron wolfs biggest regret was admitting that he never gave favre enough weapons im hoping gute doesnt do the same thing with rogers.
IMO i think the receiving core stinks outside adams.They have no vet slot guy no vet outside guy opposite adams.I for one am not sure about those rookies if they dont make a jump then this O is in the same boat it was last year with a stale passing game mis communication.
I can only hope gute thinks the same and brings in a couple vet WRs a slant one for sure
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#798 » by DrWood » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'd be all for bringing in bortles on a reasonable back up deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

He's not good, and he has no upside. If Aaron got injured for the year in the preseason, having Bortles might mean they go 6-10 instead of 5-11.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#799 » by DrWood » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:47 am

I'm not advocating signing Jordy, but it's wrong to say he was washed up last year. On a terrible team, he was OK. Caught 71.6% of the passes aimed his way (which should be a surprise considering his performance w/ the pack).
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,553

Post#800 » by th87 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:18 am

Daver wrote:Ron wolfs biggest regret was admitting that he never gave favre enough weapons im hoping gute doesnt do the same thing with rogers.
IMO i think the receiving core stinks outside adams.They have no vet slot guy no vet outside guy opposite adams.I for one am not sure about those rookies if they dont make a jump then this O is in the same boat it was last year with a stale passing game mis communication.
I can only hope gute thinks the same and brings in a couple vet WRs a slant one for sure

Different times now though, with offenses inflated. Which could mean that the competitive advantage lies in a defense that can make stops.

Return to Green Bay Packers