Jets Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Re: Jets Lead Up 

Post#41 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:03 am

Blasting him for not playing the preseason? Come on. I know he's had a down year but it's amazing how fast Packer fans pile on. If he wants 2 more games to work with the rooks I'm fine with it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#42 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Blasting him for not playing the preseason? Come on. I know he's had a down year but it's amazing how fast Packer fans pile on. If he wants 2 more games to work with the rooks I'm fine with it.

I can see this perspective and I can see the argument for resting him to prevent further injury. First one is an emotional/football game answer. The latter is business. Neither is right or wrong. But perspective depends on which hat you're wearing.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#43 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:43 am

I also understand the injury thing and I'd prefer he sit. But I'm not going to rip him for wanting to play.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,004

Post#44 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:02 am

I'd expect him to want to play and be angry if he's sat down. I'd also expect him to be a professional and understand when the organization makes the obvious move and sits him because it's in the best interest for him and the future of the organization.

This shouldn't even be a discussion if you're Gute.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#45 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:10 am

Yeah. I think that's my stance too. I mean what is there to gain? Few extra snaps with the younger guys? Okay. Leadership? Eh, show that from the sideline. Help coach em up.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#46 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 am

Pack now favored by 3
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#47 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Rodgers cares about his numbers.
Do it for Chuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#48 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Every player in every sport cares about his numbers. I just don't think Rodgers main reason for wanting to play is stats
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,773

Post#49 » by RubberSoul » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:29 pm

The more I think about it I was rash in my comments yesterday. Rodgers does have zero blame here for wanting to play. It’d be more concerning if he didn’t want to play. However there must be somebody with some stones at 1265 Lombardi Ave that can have that tough conversation with him and tell him he’s not playing for the best interest of the organization.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#50 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:48 pm

RubberSoul wrote:The more I think about it I was rash in my comments yesterday. Rodgers does have zero blame here for wanting to play. It’d be more concerning if he didn’t want to play. However there must be somebody with some stones at 1265 Lombardi Ave that can have that tough conversation with him and tell him he’s not playing for the best interest of the organization.
Absolutely. I don't blame Rodgers for wanting to play but the organization has to do the right thing. And it's not only injury prevention or tanking for a pick... There's a very real legit need to know what you have in kizer. Backup QB is important when you have an older QB and they need to know if they can trust him in that role next season or go get someone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#51 » by MAC1987 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:56 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
RubberSoul wrote:The more I think about it I was rash in my comments yesterday. Rodgers does have zero blame here for wanting to play. It’d be more concerning if he didn’t want to play. However there must be somebody with some stones at 1265 Lombardi Ave that can have that tough conversation with him and tell him he’s not playing for the best interest of the organization.
Absolutely. I don't blame Rodgers for wanting to play but the organization has to do the right thing. And it's not only injury prevention or tanking for a pick... There's a very real legit need to know what you have in kizer. Backup QB is important when you have an older QB and they need to know if they can trust him in that role next season or go get someone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Good point on seeing what Kizers got. Seems like a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app

Return to Green Bay Packers