|    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Re: ATL Wild Card 

Post#183 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:22 pm

Mags FTW wrote:I mean...I have to go get an Eagles t-shirt or something, right? They basically knock out the Vikings two years in a row, and now the Bears.

And helped get us in the playoffs in 2010.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#184 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 7, 2019 6:43 pm

It won't be talked about because they won and maybe he took the timeout because he knew the play that was called was dead so it was worth it but Peterson taking that timeout before the 4th down play was one of the most egregious clock management moves I ever remember seeing in a playoff game.

With all 3 TO's they could have stopped the Bears that next possession and had them punting from their end zone with just under a minute left on the clock; that's a decent chance to still win that game. By taking that TO it made it so had they not got that TD the game was basically over because the Bears could have ran out he clock.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#185 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:14 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:It won't be talked about because they won and maybe he took the timeout because he knew the play that was called was dead so it was worth it but Peterson taking that timeout before the 4th down play was one of the most egregious clock management moves I ever remember seeing in a playoff game.

With all 3 TO's they could have stopped the Bears that next possession and had them punting from their end zone with just under a minute left on the clock; that's a decent chance to still win that game. By taking that TO it made it so had they not got that TD the game was basically over because the Bears could have ran out he clock.

Disagree. They needed to get it right and score a TD on 4th down. A lot would have had to happen to get into similarly good position to win the game. Bears' 1st down would've ended it. Even best case you get three stops and a punt you still only have 40 or so to score a touchdown. Pederson figured "we score, we win, we don't, we lose" and was probably right. It was, however, egregious as all hell, to kick to Tarik Cohen. Not sure what that was about.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#186 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:30 pm

I think on the 3rd down play he should've already been thinking about the 4th down play in case the 3rd down play didn't work.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#187 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:41 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:It won't be talked about because they won and maybe he took the timeout because he knew the play that was called was dead so it was worth it but Peterson taking that timeout before the 4th down play was one of the most egregious clock management moves I ever remember seeing in a playoff game.

Disagree. They needed to get it right and score a TD on 4th down. A lot would have had to happen to get into similarly good position to win the game. Bears' 1st down would've ended it. Even best case you get three stops and a punt you still only have 40 or so to score a touchdown. Pederson figured "we score, we win, we don't, we lose" and was probably right. It was, however, egregious as all hell, to kick to Tarik Cohen. Not sure what that was about.
I just feel like you have to leave yourself as many opportunities to win the game as possible. As far as the bears getting a 1st I find it unlikely because you can key the crap out of simple run plays because backed that far up against the goal line the bears would have kept it simple.

As I said maybe he saw the D and knew the play called was dead and I kind of get taking a TO there but I'd argue they would have better just taking a delay of game in that scenario and calling a new play from the 7.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#188 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 7, 2019 11:19 pm

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#189 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 11:25 pm

I know everyone loves these calls but they're always so dumb and forced to me.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#190 » by LikeABosh » Tue Jan 8, 2019 6:59 am

Mags FTW wrote:

That kid crying was totally me after the 4th and 26 game

Return to Green Bay Packers