Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: 2019 Badger Football 

Post#41 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:10 am

Lippo wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:7-14. He's no Bart Houston

Houston got a 3 year deal in the NFL, what did/will Horns get, or Stave even.....
I knew we didn’t have a chance at a championship with those 2, Houston, I knew he was one of the winningest QBs in high school history and a four star recruit and hated Hornis limitations,,...was I wrong"

4th string on a completely non-guaranteed contract. You sure showed us. :lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#42 » by Lippo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 am

trwi7 wrote:
Lippo wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:7-14. He's no Bart Houston

Houston got a 3 year deal in the NFL, what did/will Horns get, or Stave even.....
I knew we didn’t have a chance at a championship with those 2, Houston, I knew he was one of the winningest QBs in high school history and a four star recruit and hated Hornis limitations,,...was I wrong"

4th string on a completely non-guaranteed contract. You sure showed us. :lol:

Yep, you guys defended Horni, now he’s done entering his senior year.....
I called for Houston, called for Coan, anything but Horni.....weak armed, weak minded, saw it early....
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,393

Post#43 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,237

Post#44 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Bart Houston was in the dorm room directly next door to two of my good friends in Ogg. He stopped over into their room once when I was over there and I was the on the computer watching Bart Houston highlights and didn't realize he had walked in. What a letdown that excitement turned out to be...
Misery loves company
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#45 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#46 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm

At first I was kidding about you stalking Mertz. Now I'm not so sure.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#47 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 am

I’m happy as hell to have Mertz and he’s a good dude from the very limited view we have...

..he kinda is giving the JJ Watt vibe. “I’m a selfless leader but I really want you to know that I am. Here I am honoring my elementary school teacher with a large donation. What? What are these cameras doing here that I clearly asked for?”

But I mean it’s not a bad thing, of course. Watt is still an incredible person and I hope Mertz is half as good of a player and person, regardless.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#48 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Read on Twitter
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#49 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:56 pm

I think MD is turning this thread into Graham Mertz's Twitter timeline.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#50 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm

What a **** tool. God forbid an 18 year old kid is excited to start his football career.

Read on Twitter
Do it for Chuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#51 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Keeping the thread going during the off season. If there's Badger Football news missing here feel free to post it
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#52 » by Mags FTW » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:31 am

humanrefutation wrote:I think MD is turning this thread into Graham Mertz's Twitter timeline.

When Mertz's e-mail pops up in the student directory, I will be sending him some essential links.

https://courts.countyofdane.com/prepare/formtro
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#53 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 am

jakecronus8 wrote:What a **** tool. God forbid an 18 year old kid is excited to start his football career.

Read on Twitter

Who is this / am I supposed to care?

As long as he plays well and isn’t a **** human being, I don’t care. Hell, even if he doesn’t play well (though it would be disappointing). Being confident or “arrogant” - I can handle it if the definition of arrogant is announcing your number on Twitter, lol. Or being JJ Watt (heaven forbid).

Just don’t, you know, be Grayson Allen or Draymond Green.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#54 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:What a **** tool. God forbid an 18 year old kid is excited to start his football career.

Read on Twitter

As long as he plays well and isn’t a **** human being, I don’t care. Hell, even if he doesn’t play well (though it would be disappointing). Being confident or “arrogant” - I can handle it if the definition of arrogant is announcing your number on Twitter, lol. Or being JJ Watt (heaven forbid).

Never understood the anger about twitter posts from either players or reporters. "OMG they have a stupid take?!? Must post online"

^^Did I just hit meta with my post?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#55 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:43 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Read on Twitter

Never understood the anger about twitter posts from either players or reporters. "OMG they have a stupid take?!? Must post online"

An angry post about a realgm post about being angry about a tweet. This is some inception sh*t right here. :D
Do it for Chuck
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#56 » by BUCKnation » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:25 pm

There is plenty of cringe with regards to high school athletes and twitter, this is not one of them.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#57 » by LittleRooster » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:44 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

An angry post about a realgm post about being angry about a tweet. This is some inception sh*t right here. :D

I think Needles was being sarcastic and didn’t mean it to be snarky at the kid. Just my interpretation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#58 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:32 pm

Chryst got a one year extension through 2024. It's not a big deal, but I'm not sure why they're giving him an extension. The chances of the hometown coach at his dream job leaving at any point is infinitesimally small, and he was already under contract for 4 more years. I'd rather they wait and see what he does in the next couple years before rewarding him with an extension.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#59 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:55 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Chryst got a one year extension through 2024. It's not a big deal, but I'm not sure why they're giving him an extension. The chances of the hometown coach at his dream job leaving at any point is infinitesimally small, and he was already under contract for 4 more years. I'd rather they wait and see what he does in the next couple years before rewarding him with an extension.

I think it would be this:

1. There is a belief that you want college coaches to have 4-5 years on contract so that their recruits (especially in a program like Wisconsin) know that they will be playing for this coach and system for 4 years. Yeah this one is pushing out arguably beyond that but if there is news of "Chryst doesn't get an extension that coaches usually get," the news is out there.

2. If it truly goes south for Chryst over the next 2-3 years, I don't think the donors/board/whatever is going to have a problem eating $3 million/year for 2 years or whatever it will be to buy out 2023 and 2024 if they have another coach they want. They notoriously are on the cheaper end in general with assistant coaches and such but with something that big, they'd very likely pony up.

I get the sentiment that there have been some easy schedules at times and he inherited a good team/program but he's 42-12. Next year given schedule and QB uncertainty will be dicey but they should put up some 10+ win seasons going forward.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#60 » by Mags FTW » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:43 pm

Kyle Penniston is transferring.

Return to Green Bay Packers