ImageImage

Packers Hire Matt LaFleur as Head Coach: Hackett OC

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,975

Re: Schefter: Packers Offer HC Job to LaFleur 

Post#81 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:08 am

Gonna be interesting to see the staff he builds. He should definitely get Aaron's input on QB coach.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,188

Post#82 » by RRyder823 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:09 am

humanrefutation wrote:It's funny that pretty much EVERYONE had McDaniels as the frontrunner this afternoon before this leaked. Either the Packers were putting out a ton of misinformation or something changed.
Take this with a grain of salt but a poster on the other Packers board I frequent claims to have ties to McDaniels family (he knows his brother I believe?) and hes been saying that McDaniels was the #1 choice but he was refusing to retain Pettine.

Like I said though. Take it for what it's worth

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,637

Post#83 » by LikeABosh » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:34 am

humanrefutation wrote:It's funny that pretty much EVERYONE had McDaniels as the frontrunner this afternoon before this leaked. Either the Packers were putting out a ton of misinformation or something changed.

Wonder if McDaniels wanted GM powers
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,627

Post#84 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:55 am

Don't like it, I wanted McDaniels. This reminds me of McCarthy's hire when he was OC for the 49ers who had the worst offense in the league, Tennessee was garbage this year too. Hate how guys can suck and still fall assbackwards into a HC job because they "innovative" offensively. Wouldn't have been happy with anybody else I guess, don't trust him until he shows something otherwise going to assume lateral or downgrade at coach.
FREE GIANNIS
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#85 » by sdn40 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:58 am

JayMKE wrote:Don't like it, I wanted McDaniels. This reminds me of McCarthy's hire when he was OC for the 49ers who had the worst offense in the league, Tennessee was garbage this year too. Hate how guys can suck and still fall assbackwards into a HC job because they "innovative" offensively. Wouldn't have been happy with anybody else I guess, don't trust him until he shows something otherwise going to assume lateral or downgrade at coach.

It would suck to win another Super Bowl
Punk McDaniels wasn't even the runner up.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#86 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:04 am

sdn40 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Don't like it, I wanted McDaniels. This reminds me of McCarthy's hire when he was OC for the 49ers who had the worst offense in the league, Tennessee was garbage this year too. Hate how guys can suck and still fall assbackwards into a HC job because they "innovative" offensively. Wouldn't have been happy with anybody else I guess, don't trust him until he shows something otherwise going to assume lateral or downgrade at coach.

We didn't win the SB because of McCarthy. I hate the idea that they hired a HC because they want to retain their current coaches instead of allowing the new guy to choose his own staff. This guy is supposed to be in charge of Aaron Rodgers when he isn't even in charge of his own personnel? :lol:
FREE GIANNIS
sdn40
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by sdn40 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:09 am

JayMKE wrote:
sdn40 wrote:

We didn't win the SB because of McCarthy. I hate the idea that they hired a HC because they want to retain their current coaches instead of allowing the new guy to choose his own staff. This guy is supposed to be in charge of Aaron Rodgers when he isn't even in charge of his own personnel? :lol:

I don't need to say a single word. Sleep with your visor, tomorrow is another day
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#88 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:14 am

From the Packers perspective if that’s true about McDaniels he’s a derp. You don’t tell anyone that. Keep that ish to yourself. Its a lack of respect and discipline.

Now from McDaniels perspective you’re thinking, ‘if they really wanted me why won’t they let me choose my own d-coordinator?’ Maybe you’re not really their number one choice no matter what anyone said. Or because you want atonomy you’re happy to move on. Either way I hope he enjoys Cleveland. See you on the scrap heap!

I voted McDaniels btw.

Sounds like Gute is in charge of the coordinator position until LeFleur proves himself. Young, dumb, and full of...you get the picture.
sdn40
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by sdn40 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:17 am

You guys need to get a clue. LeFleur laid out his plan which included being open to hiring Pettine. That's all we know. Saying otherwise just proves you ignore the facts and also have a visor agenda. Don't worry, it wont affect your xbox
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#90 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:18 am

Also, since LeFleur is young it’s not a bad idea to pair him with a guy who’s been a head coach himself. Let him focus solely on offense. Take some of the pressure off.

Offense was the major issue last year.

*and lack of talent.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#91 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:18 am

It's a good thing we got a coach that's cool keeping Ron Zook around
FREE GIANNIS
sdn40
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by sdn40 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:19 am

JayMKE wrote:It's a good thing we got a coach that's cool keeping Ron Zook around

Link ?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,421

Post#93 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:23 am

JayMKE wrote:It's a good thing we got a coach that's cool keeping Ron Zook around

Go ahead, make your jokes, Mr. Jokey Joke-Maker.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#94 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:28 am

LaFleur only has 1 year calling plays and that was in Tennessee; he didn't call a single play for the Rams, Falcons, or Redskins. He's 4 years older than Rodgers and not even in charge of hiring his staff. I don't get the whole love affair with going young and inexperienced as possible, these so called offensive 'innovators' who finished near dead last in the league in offense. I really really hate somebody failing upwards. He left LA as OC to become OC of the Titans so he could call plays.
FREE GIANNIS
trwi7
RealGM

Post#95 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:31 am

JayMKE wrote: I don't get the whole love affair with going young and inexperienced as possible

Old usually means they've been a coach before and were bad so why would you want that?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

JayMKE
RealGM

Post#96 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:40 am

trwi7 wrote:
JayMKE wrote: I don't get the whole love affair with going young and inexperienced as possible

Old usually means they've been a coach before and were bad so why would you want that?

I'd prefer somebody that knows wtf they're doing and has the stature to command respect in the locker room, I hate the choice when we're supposedly the best job in the most prestigious organization having to choose between a lack of experience or a track record of failure. I think people are going insane with the offensive 'innovation' nonsense which is why you guys would have been cool with Kliff Kingsbury.

I at least want there to be some track record of success, I guess that's too much to ask for up in Green Bay. This is really just like McCarthy who was OC for a terrible 49ers team but he at least was previously was Favre's QB coach at one time. I don't see why this guy will be able to stop Rodgers from tuning out the same way he did with McCarthy. Hopefully he's a better playcaller than he was in Tennessee or are we keeping Philbin so he can still call plays? :lol:
FREE GIANNIS
trwi7
RealGM

Post#97 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:42 am

JayMKE wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I'd prefer somebody that knows wtf they're doing and has the stature to command respect in the locker room, I hate the choice when we're supposedly the best job in the most prestigious organization having to choose between a lack of experience or a track record of failure. I think people are going insane with the offensive 'innovation' nonsense which is why you guys would have been cool with Kliff Kingsbury.

I at least want there to be some track record of success, I guess that's too much to ask for up in Green Bay. This is really just like McCarthy who was OC for a terrible 49ers team but he at least was previously was Favre's QB coach at one time. I don't see why this guy will be able to stop Rodgers from tuning out the same way he did with McCarthy. Hopefully he's a better playcaller than he was in Tennessee or are we keeping Philbin so he can still call plays? :lol:

I WANT MIKE MUNCHAK. FOOTBAW!

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Post#98 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:42 am

I mean, we're never going to know for sure what happened but if they wanted McDaniels and the dealbreaker was not allowing him to bring in his own DC then that's obviously dumb. I hope that's not what happened.

It is strange that we're still the only team to interview McDaniels.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#99 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:47 am

trwi7 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I WANT MIKE MUNCHAK. FOOTBAW!

Hey LaFleur facetimes with Sean McVey at least twice a month AND received a Christmas card this year, this guy is an INNOVATOR
FREE GIANNIS
sdn40
Assistant Coach

Post#100 » by sdn40 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:47 am

JayMKE wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Like McDaniels ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Return to Green Bay Packers