ATL: Off Season - AB Fined/Suspended by Raiders

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Re: ATL: Off Season - SEA Trades Clark to KC; KC Gives Clark $64M Guaranteed 

Post#501 » by Mags FTW » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:In lighter news, the Vikings don't have enough money to sign all their draft picks. Granted, not all of them will make the team, but wow. That Cousins contract is the gift that keeps on giving.

They finished above the Packers last year and are slotted for the same amount of wins in Vegas right now as the Packers.

Packers have significantly better SB odds right now.

There have been many other domino effects of the Cousins contract.

-They lost Richardson
-They lost Murray, and had to use draft capital on a replacement
-They couldn't spend even a modest amount of money for the elusive WR3 they've been looking for
-They lost Sendejo
-The best they could do in FA to fix their line was sign Josh Kline
-They lost their backup QB, Siemien. They low key went from best QB depth in the league two years ago, to one of the worst.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#502 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:26 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:In lighter news, the Vikings don't have enough money to sign all their draft picks. Granted, not all of them will make the team, but wow. That Cousins contract is the gift that keeps on giving.

They finished above the Packers last year and are slotted for the same amount of wins in Vegas right now as the Packers.

We're getting into the weeds but not a ton better...lots of people probably taking the money on Rodgers for the SB but the teams are not too far apart right now.

Point being, gimme a rebuilding or QB wasteland Vikings over Cousins plus a full deck of supporting cast given where the Packers stand and our current window. Now, if you wanna argue that Cousins will keep them just short of winning it all more likely and that it could come crashing down in 2 years for the Vikings, sure, though they had to take this shot at the Super Bowl and this was probably the best one to take.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#503 » by Mags FTW » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:27 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

We're getting into the weeds but not a ton better...lots of people probably taking the money on Rodgers for the SB but the teams are not too far apart right now.

Point being, gimme a rebuilding or QB wasteland Vikings over Cousins plus a full deck of supporting cast given where the Packers stand and our current window. Now, if you wanna argue that Cousins will keep them just short of winning it all more likely and that it could come crashing down in 2 years for the Vikings, sure, though they had to take this shot at the Super Bowl and this was probably the best one to take.

I edited my post to mention some other ramifications the Cousins contract had.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#504 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Packers have significantly better SB odds right now.

They'd have lost most of that with Case Keenum or somehow taking a year off at QB and praying for Foles the following year. And Cousins is better than Keenum unless one believes that Keenum can only succeed in MN.

We've lost more by giving Aaron Rodgers eleventy-billion dollars. That's what happens when you pay a top 15 QB or top 3 in Rodgers' case.

Their window was now and Cousins was arguably the best option. Of course I've argued this 2-3 times on other threads but my only contention here is the "lol look at that guaranteed money" is a bad, basic take. Even if only $45 of the $84 million for Cousins was guaranteed, they'd be picking up year 2 this year anyways instead of cutting him and eating $12 million this year.

I would have been completely OK with them going, "well we don't want the fans to not understand the nuance of this and be mad about all the guaranteed money for the 15th best QB in the NFL and losing a handful of fringe starters" and just trying to draft a QB, meanwhile spoiling a great supporting cast they had built while the Packers are in their last 4-5 clear years of the Rodgers window.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#505 » by MikeIsGood » Wed May 1, 2019 2:43 pm

Booger's moving to the booth for MNF.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#506 » by crkone » Fri May 3, 2019 1:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Sorry guys. No Zach Attack in GB this season.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#507 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 3, 2019 8:24 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Booger's moving to the booth for MNF.

Yuck. Pat McAfee has been promoting himself for the gig. He would have been entertaining at least
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM

Post#508 » by crkone » Tue May 7, 2019 4:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Injuries have not been kind to JPP

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#509 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 9, 2019 7:45 pm

Something is going on with Telvin Smith. Apparently he's not playing this season. Jags down a monster player.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#510 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 9, 2019 8:25 pm

Kam Chancelor and Doug Baldwin were both released due to failed physicals. Sounds like retirement for both. They're pretty beat the hell up.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#511 » by Mags FTW » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

They'd have lost most of that with Case Keenum or somehow taking a year off at QB and praying for Foles the following year. And Cousins is better than Keenum unless one believes that Keenum can only succeed in MN.

We've lost more by giving Aaron Rodgers eleventy-billion dollars. That's what happens when you pay a top 15 QB or top 3 in Rodgers' case.

Their window was now and Cousins was arguably the best option. Of course I've argued this 2-3 times on other threads but my only contention here is the "lol look at that guaranteed money" is a bad, basic take. Even if only $45 of the $84 million for Cousins was guaranteed, they'd be picking up year 2 this year anyways instead of cutting him and eating $12 million this year.

I would have been completely OK with them going, "well we don't want the fans to not understand the nuance of this and be mad about all the guaranteed money for the 15th best QB in the NFL and losing a handful of fringe starters" and just trying to draft a QB, meanwhile spoiling a great supporting cast they had built while the Packers are in their last 4-5 clear years of the Rodgers window.

Not wanting to continue the debate, but rather just provide an update.

Vikes had to restructure Kendrick's deal just so they could sign their first rounder.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Win or lose with Cousins, they will be in cap hell down the road.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#512 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed May 15, 2019 1:08 am

Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote: I edited my post to mention some other ramifications the Cousins contract had.

Not wanting to continue the debate, but rather just provide an update.

Vikes had to restructure Kendrick's deal just so they could sign their first rounder.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Win or lose with Cousins, they will be in cap hell down the road.

So...would they be setting up a parade with Case Keenum or a rookie QB because Eric Kendricks didn’t have to restructure his contract?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#513 » by humanrefutation » Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Patrick Peterson got six games for PEDs.
crkone
RealGM

Re: ATL: Off Season - Patrick Peterson Suspended 6 Games for PEDs 

Post#514 » by crkone » Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Read on Twitter

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#515 » by MickeyDavis » Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm

That's a shame
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#516 » by dbrodz7 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:24 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:That's a shame

Couldn't have happened to a better guy.
Misery loves company
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#517 » by humanrefutation » Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Torn ACL. Out for the season.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#518 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Really bummed about that one.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#519 » by Profound23 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Gerald McCoy cut......can see him going to Pats or Raiders
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#520 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:30 am

Read on Twitter

Random but Jeff Fisher is just late night replying with all gifs is my favorite Twitter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Green Bay Packers