2019 Fantasy Football

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Touchpass
Bench Warmer
And1: 305

Re: 2019 Fantasy Football 

Post#21 » by Touchpass » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:16 am

LittleRooster wrote:
Touchpass wrote:Rookie dynasty draft this weekend. Picking 1.09 and don’t really like anyone in that range. Tried trading back, but can’t find any takers. I do want Justice Hill and I’m not sure he’ll be there in the second. I’ve reached for some players before, but this feels like it would be over the top. You guys just getting your guy no matter where?

I had the 1.08 and traded it for a 2020 1 that I think will be top 5-6, so I was thrilled. Another draft I had 1.11 and reluctantly took Hockenson but really want Samuel. Thankfully, I was able to get Samuel in that first league after trading up to 2.5.

In one of my leagues, Hill went 1.7. I kind of feel like if he’s your guy then pull the trigger if you can’t trade down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice value as next years draft class should be much stronger for fantasy. Sounds like both Dedo and Hurd are getting nice buzz in San Fran. Kind of interested Hurd’s size and skill set.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#22 » by vegaspacker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:43 pm

So.... Should I make Tonyan a pick in the 14 Rd? I know I will take the GB defense somewhere. So Homer of me, but I'd rather rock some fandom stuff. It's probably why I get 2nd or 3rd place instead of 1st.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#23 » by LittleRooster » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:09 pm

vegaspacker wrote:So.... Should I make Tonyan a pick in the 14 Rd? I know I will take the GB defense somewhere. So Homer of me, but I'd rather rock some fandom stuff. It's probably why I get 2nd or 3rd place instead of 1st.

I’m guessing you can pick up tonyan after the draft and that no one will draft him

Viva La Grinch
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Viva La Grinch » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:07 am

If anybody is still looking to get into a Dynasty league, we have four spots open in our league. Some of the people in the league post here in the Bucks forum, including myself. $100 entry.

This will be the first year for the league, but the members are coming over from a 10+ year fantasy baseball league that is very competitive. Since it is beginning from scratch, the idea is to do a straight $100 auction the first year, and after this initial auction, each owner would be able to keep one player at the auction price for 4 years, one at three years, one at two years and one at one year. That would jump start the keeper aspect. The second year, all remaining players are open to be bid upon for contracts for up to four years in an auction style. However, you must keep your total salary of players $100 or less for the year. Also all contracts won must total less than $250 when adding up all the additional year salaries you committed to. We also have a rookie draft that is separate from the auction, which allows you to keep those players for two years at no cost.

This is the same format that we have used in a dynasty league that I have been a part of for the past ten years as well. Our rules will be very similar to what we use in this league.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RffWtTd_N1xGz1Rj4pEmzaT3XyG2Vs2YK0D8oM4VDgI/pub

If anybody is interested, let me know and I will give you the ESPN link.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#25 » by RRyder823 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:14 pm

My brand new keeper league is useing two defensive players instead of a team defense.

Anyone got any idea how I should value defensive players on draft day in relation to other positions?

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#26 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:27 pm

RRyder823 wrote:My brand new keeper league is useing two defensive players instead of a team defense.

Anyone got any idea how I should value defensive players on draft day in relation to other positions?

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

I'd wait for the last 5 rounds to pick defensive players. Ball hawks or guys that rack up sacks get a lot of love

I have my 14 team .5PPR QB/2RB/3WR/Flex draft tonight and picking #7. If it comes down to Adams, Julio and Hopkins I'm going to be happy and perplexed on who I should grab
#FreeChuckDiesel
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#27 » by DigitalFool » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Short notice since my draft is in 4 hours, but I just drew the 4th slot and afraid/expect that 1-3 will be Barkley, CMC, Kamara leaving me holding the bag with Elliott. This is my first draft, so I don't know what his ADP has been recently, but reading the situation is pretty much going to be him missing games. Do I go DJ or even Hopkins/Adams at 4? I like Chubb, but 4 might be a reach over the possible #1 WR.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#28 » by LittleRooster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:53 pm

DigitalFool wrote:Short notice since my draft is in 4 hours, but I just drew the 4th slot and afraid/expect that 1-3 will be Barkley, CMC, Kamara leaving me holding the bag with Elliott. This is my first draft, so I don't know what his ADP has been recently, but reading the situation is pretty much going to be him missing games. Do I go DJ or even Hopkins/Adams at 4? I like Chubb, but 4 might be a reach over the possible #1 WR.

I think I’d still go Zeke but Hopkins/Adams/JuJu I could understand

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#29 » by M-C-G » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:22 pm

DigitalFool wrote:Short notice since my draft is in 4 hours, but I just drew the 4th slot and afraid/expect that 1-3 will be Barkley, CMC, Kamara leaving me holding the bag with Elliott. This is my first draft, so I don't know what his ADP has been recently, but reading the situation is pretty much going to be him missing games. Do I go DJ or even Hopkins/Adams at 4? I like Chubb, but 4 might be a reach over the possible #1 WR.

Maybe try to trade down and draft Chubb? Maybe someone later in the draft would do a pick swap of 1st and 2nd round, maybe plus a little more to you. Then you are moving up in the 2nd and you can still get Chubb later in the first.

Otherwise, I like David Johnson a lot this year, because I think he is going to have 100 catches (maybe hope is a better word).

Otherwise, just take Hopkins and feel good about that, and hope Chubb slides to the second.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,963

Post#30 » by RiotPunch » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Take Zeke and reach a bit for Pollard, you'll be more than fine.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
DigitalFool
Veteran

Post#31 » by DigitalFool » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:57 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Maybe try to trade down and draft Chubb? Maybe someone later in the draft would do a pick swap of 1st and 2nd round, maybe plus a little more to you. Then you are moving up in the 2nd and you can still get Chubb later in the first.

Otherwise, I like David Johnson a lot this year, because I think he is going to have 100 catches (maybe hope is a better word).

Otherwise, just take Hopkins and feel good about that, and hope Chubb slides to the second.

I'd love to trade, but not an option in our league since it's random order and not carryover rankings from previous season.
vegaspacker
Analyst

Post#32 » by vegaspacker » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:19 am

We did our draft, lotso banter, and I like the way things went.

We are only a ten team league now, lost 2 players. So, we added an extra flex and still are 1pt PPR.

Drafted the 4 hole in a snake. Took Zeke, in the 2nd Rd picked Gurley, Aaron Jones in the 3rd.

MGordon III was still available in the 4th. I picked three WRs next. Golladay, DJ Moore, followed with Drew Brees in the 8th Rd.

Vance McDonald's for my TE (atm), Emmanuel Sanders (hoping he's the guy that gets lots of garbage time catches in lowly Den post surgery), Jordan Howard, and Dante Pettis (if he stays healthy could really make noise in Shannahan's offense). Phillip Rivers for my bkup Qb.

Jaylen Samuels as my flyer RB. Rounded it out with Mason Crosby and NE DST.

Four horseman studs in the RB/2flex system. If Zeke, Gurley, A Jones, M Gordon do their thing I should rock the league.

My wideouts are pretty weak, but it's PPR so my guess some slot master could emerge on the waiver wire. I still think my guys have potential. Drew, and Rivers are old but still do their thing, I'll consider matchups and home field.

Crosby was a Homer pick, defense has always been a waiver ride for me.

I got the highest draft grade, but we know it's all about availability. $100 entry, and believe it or not we do top 8 teams in the playoffs. A bunch of emphasis on roster management. Maybe next season we graduate to dynasty league rules. We have played on Yahoo for 10yrs now.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,963

Post#33 » by RiotPunch » Mon Sep 2, 2019 6:07 am

I somehow ended up with the Rodgers/Davante stack in two of my money leagues this year, and I normally hate drafting Packers. I guess the McCarthy stigma is finally gone forever and I'm all in on a bounce back year for A-A-Ron.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#34 » by Garbs_7 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 1:20 pm

Damn I wanted to put in a best ball team in on draft.com, but it's restricted for people outside the US... Tried to trick it with a VPN, but needed to confirm an address and wouldn't let me deposit from my location which is annoying. Draftkings is available in Aus, but doesn't so a best ball comp as far as I can tell.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#35 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 7:21 pm

Was offered CMC/Engram for Kelce/Conner - PPR league

My current Roster
Wilson
Bell/Conner/Jacobs/Guice/Singletary
Shepard/Fitz/Samuel/Metcalf
Kelce/Ertz

Should i make the trade? I can play TE at flex

I originally told him i would do Kelce/Jacob, but he wants Conner instead.
DigitalFool
Veteran

Post#36 » by DigitalFool » Tue Sep 3, 2019 7:49 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Was offered CMC/Engram for Kelce/Conner - PPR league

My current Roster
Wilson
Bell/Conner/Jacobs/Guice/Singletary
Shepard/Fitz/Samuel/Metcalf
Kelce/Ertz

Should i make the trade? I can play TE at flex

I originally told him i would do Kelce/Jacob, but he wants Conner instead.

Well, you get the best player in the trade which is CMC. That's a big plus. It's also good that you have Ertz who you would play above Engram. However, I can see the dilemma with your Flex because your WR core is very thin, assuming it's a WR/TE flex if you start 2 WR. Hopefully you can improve with the waiver wire. If you can start RB at FLEX, I'd say do the trade.

EDIT: I will say this is a very fair and balanced trade, if you expect Engram to make a jump.
Sky Bucks
Sixth Man
And1: 1,357

Post#37 » by Sky Bucks » Thu Sep 5, 2019 4:11 am

So I have Lamar and Jameis in a 4 point/TD league and can only start one, who’d you start?

Really love both their matchups so that’s why this is such a tough call.
#Make'em Believe On Wisconsin
DigitalFool
Veteran

Post#38 » by DigitalFool » Thu Sep 5, 2019 5:38 am

Sky Bucks wrote:So I have Lamar and Jameis in a 4 point/TD league and can only start one, who’d you start?

Lamar all day - I believe he was ranked 7th in points since he became a starter and I expect him to be top 5 this year (bold prediction alert)! His rushing gives him an edge especially in a 4pt passing TD league.
vegaspacker
Analyst

Post#39 » by vegaspacker » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:47 pm

DigitalFool wrote:
Sky Bucks wrote:So I have Lamar and Jameis in a 4 point/TD league and can only start one, who’d you start?

Lamar all day - I believe he was ranked 7th in points since he became a starter and I expect him to be top 5 this year (bold prediction alert)! His rushing gives him an edge especially in a 4pt passing TD league.
Ditto, on Lamar... Good luck to all FF managers!!!

Also I think MG III signs somewhere this season, stashing with hope.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#40 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Sep 5, 2019 4:25 pm

I just want to say that Kareem Hunt being drafted at all in any non-keeper/non-15 player bench league is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. He keeps going in like the 10th round or for $5 bucks in my leagues.

I know that not every player manages in-depth/watches rosters so sometimes name brand players rise a bit more than they should, but if you cannot see the risk in lighting a bench spot on fire for 75% of the fantasy season, then being unsure if you can start him in week 10, and the odds being extremely low that he's doing anything more than spelling Chubb in week 10 and beyond is just odd.

Return to Green Bay Packers