ImageImage

2019 Fantasy Football

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Re: 2019 Fantasy Football 

Post#41 » by vegaspacker » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:03 am

Scooped up Gronk on the waivers about 4 days ago, feeling much better about the move today. He might not suit up until week 6, and yes he's 'Not Sure'. But, this AB signing has to be significant it his decision process.

I hate the Pats, yet it's fantasy football and I want to win.

Me thinks he could be better this year than last season. He's had a true sabbatical at 30, been putting on the lotions and is lighter. If he runs go routes with Edelman, AB, and Gordon... Shut the front door yo!!!
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,103

Post#42 » by humanrefutation » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:30 pm

I picked the worst day to bench Sammy Watkins.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,094

Post#43 » by RiotPunch » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:43 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I picked the worst day to bench Sammy Watkins.

I traded away the Lizard King before he began his reign as leader of the free world.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#44 » by RiotPunch » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:17 am

So pissed the one MFer who autodrafted snagged Lamar Jackson a round before I was gonna grab him. Walking cheat code.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,173

Post#45 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:26 am

That's nothing. Betting you at least got some points .... I choose to start Ebron over Hockenson

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#46 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:48 am

Four days ago, I had Watkins in the starting lineup and Marquise Brown and TJ Hockenson on the bench.

I benched Watkins, cut Brown for Demaryius Thomas, and cut Hockenson for Gronk (with a sneaky suspicion that he might come out of retirement) before week 1.

Not a good week of roster moves.
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#47 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:07 am

Ok you win

vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#48 » by vegaspacker » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:38 am

humanrefutation wrote:Four days ago, I had Watkins in the starting lineup and Marquise Brown and TJ Hockenson on the bench.

I benched Watkins, cut Brown for Demaryius Thomas, and cut Hockenson for Gronk (with a sneaky suspicion that he might come out of retirement) before week 1.

Not a good week of roster moves.
Yowzaa.... You'll need a full bottle of Bactine for those boo-boos.

I am hanging on to Gronk for the playoffs. Brown was a shock, couple of other rooks blew up. Demaryius is probs donezo, and buried fairly deep on the depth chart.

Post week 1 waiver wire mgt is probably the most important one to focus on. So many guys blowup and soon blowout. Schemes get exposed, injuries yada yada yada. But, it is time to make hay.

Dante Pettis is getting dumped, as is Jordan Howard if I can get Malcolm Brown. I have Gurley and should really have the handcuffs.

My claim for Brown is in but I am 5th on the wire.

In case I don't get it, I have three WRs targeted to replace Pettis. Marquise Brown, Terry McLaurin and John Brown are my list of replacements for Pettis in that order. John Ross III is also a consideration but that dude is always banged up iirc.

Best case scenario is that I get Malcolm and one of the WRs. My wideouts are pretty shaky, Golladay, D Moore, Ridley, and Emmanuel Sanders.

RB is a bit better have Zeke, Gurley, Aaron Jones, and MGordon when he returns. Our playoff setup is ridiculous, top 8 get in a 10 team league. I'm planning for the playoffs and hope most are healthy around there. I also stashed Gronk, if Witten can be that good week one...

I have NE defense also, they have a cake walk 2/3s of the season in that awful division. I am pondering flipping them for the Pack, but schedule is something I really need to evaluate.

Also sporting two Dino's at QB... Brees n Rivers, and why not. I want the $650 prize!!!!
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#49 » by DigitalFool » Mon Sep 9, 2019 12:40 pm

I think my bench outscored my starting team. That's not a knock on my starters necessarily, but my bench just was lights out. Going to be interesting setting my roster up next week!
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#50 » by skones » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:17 pm

Desean Jackson and John Ross are both for real methinks.

Also, Amendola is going to be a monster. RIP Marvin Jones.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#51 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:21 pm

I did drop Hockenson in a league (a keeper, at that) to get more RB depth because of the weird way the auction and my keepers went, I was worried about Dame Williams as my RB2 and wanted to stash more RB depth. Whoops.

In my multiple leagues it was not a horrible week of luck by any means but just the perfect storm of little things here and there. No incorrect start/sit plays, just an opponent forced into starting Gio Bernard in week 1 getting 7 points in a very close matchup. Every league I'm in with a kicker I faced Harry Butker, etc. I might be able to pull 1 or 2 out but basically the fantasy gods are trying to slowly rip my heart out early this year. The Kyler/DJ resurrection saved me from losing by 10-15 in every matchup.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#52 » by RiotPunch » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:00 pm

skones wrote:Desean Jackson and John Ross are both for real methinks.

Struggling to prioritize between Hollywood and Ross for waivers. With AB entering the fold, I really need to solidify my WR's, since I had Gordon slotted as my WR2.

Dropping Albert Wilson for one of them for sure, but I also have Metcalf stashed on my bench, so I could possibly go after both. For some reason I am reluctant to drop DK though, despite the fact that the Seahawks are super run-heavy, I think he could lead the team in targets and is tied to an elite QB....

My 12-team superflex league roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Josh Gordon
RB: Christian McCaffrey
RB: Mark Ingram
TE: George Kittle
FLEX: David Montgomery
SUPERFLEX: Jameis Winston (ugh)

Bench:

RB: Miles Sanders
WR: Marvin Jones
RB: Malcolm Brown
RB: Justice Hill
QB: Mitch Trubisky (ugh)
WR: DK Metcalf
WR: Albert Wilson (10/10 dropping)

Notable available:

Hollywood Brown
John Ross
John Brown
Danny Amendola
Terry McLaurin
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#53 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:15 pm

I "might" have the option to trade A Robonsin and Galladay/Ebron for T Hill. WR gets pretty thin for me cause I'm holding AJ Green on my bench if I make the trade but with Hopkins as #1 I'm getting visions of a Hopkins, Green and Hill trio working its magic around week 8-9 and into the playoffs

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#54 » by RiotPunch » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:07 am

RRyder823 wrote:I "might" have the option to trade A Robonsin and Galladay/Ebron for T Hill. WR gets pretty thin for me cause I'm holding AJ Green on my bench if I make the trade but with Hopkins as #1 I'm getting visions of a Hopkins, Green and Hill trio working its magic around week 8-9 and into the playoffs

How many bench spots? Any IR slots?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,613

Post#55 » by Profound23 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 am

The reason I avoided Kamara......Saints offense is so balanced that I feel he will get them in the red zone and Latavius or whomever else will steal all his Tds.

So far looks about right.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#56 » by ClassicJack » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:58 am

I benched Watkins and Desean in favor of Devante and....Jarvis Landry. :nonono:
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#57 » by skones » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:09 am

RiotPunch wrote:

Struggling to prioritize between Hollywood and Ross for waivers. With AB entering the fold, I really need to solidify my WR's, since I had Gordon slotted as my WR2.

Dropping Albert Wilson for one of them for sure, but I also have Metcalf stashed on my bench, so I could possibly go after both. For some reason I am reluctant to drop DK though, despite the fact that the Seahawks are super run-heavy, I think he could lead the team in targets and is tied to an elite QB....

Bench:

Notable available:

Hollywood Brown
John Ross
John Brown
Danny Amendola
Terry McLaurin

I certainly wouldn't be carrying both Winston and Trubisky.

I'm not terribly high on Brown. I don't think Jackson is going to be slinging the ball all over the field like he was on Sunday. Dude managed 324 yards on 20 ATTEMPTS and Miami is flat out embarrassing. Brown's output came on 4 catches with a measly 5 targets. Jackson eclipsed the 200 yard mark only once last season. I think this game is noise, and Lamar Jackson is going to be Lamar Jackson which really limits Brown's upside.

I watched that Cincy game. Dalton was looking Ross, then he was looking for Ross, and then he found Ross again. Towards the end of the game, they were actively finding ways to get him the ball in space short so he could use his speed. I'll take the guy with the QB who I know is at least capable of 3500+ yards and 20+ TD's. Think Baltimore is still going to be super run heavy.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#58 » by RiotPunch » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 am

skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Bench:

Notable available:

Hollywood Brown
John Ross
John Brown
Danny Amendola
Terry McLaurin

I certainly wouldn't be carrying both Winston and Trubisky.

I'm not terribly high on Brown. I don't think Jackson is going to be slinging the ball all over the field like he was on Sunday. Dude managed 324 yards on 20 ATTEMPTS and Miami is flat out embarrassing. Brown's output came on 4 catches with a measly 5 targets. Jackson eclipsed the 200 yard mark only once last season. I think this game is noise, and Lamar Jackson is going to be Lamar Jackson which really limits Brown's upside.

I watched that Cincy game. Dalton was looking Ross, then he was looking for Ross, and then he found Ross again. Towards the end of the game, they were actively finding ways to get him the ball in space short so he could use his speed. I'll take the guy with the QB who I know is at least capable of 3500+ yards and 20+ TD's. Think Baltimore is still going to be super run heavy.

I might drop one, but it's essentially a 2-QB league, so having three rostered has it's benefits. Don't want to be one injury away from trotting out Gardner Minshew.

I get the volume and QB throwing ability issues for Brown, but I think his snaps were limited due to him coming off injury, and he is the type where he could easily become Jackson's #1 with constant home run potential. Volatility is a thing for the Ravens pass game though, and is certainly run-heavy.

Yeah, I mean 12 targets is insane. I guess I worry about Green and Boyd once Green is back, but might as well enjoy that volume until that happens and then re-evaluate.

Maybe I'll drop Trubisky's ass and add them both, see if a WR2 emerges.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#59 » by RRyder823 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:25 am

RiotPunch wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:I "might" have the option to trade A Robonsin and Galladay/Ebron for T Hill. WR gets pretty thin for me cause I'm holding AJ Green on my bench if I make the trade but with Hopkins as #1 I'm getting visions of a Hopkins, Green and Hill trio working its magic around week 8-9 and into the playoffs

How many bench spots? Any IR slots?
No IR. It is a 6 person bench but we do use defensive players and I'm useing a slot already on AJ Green.

He actually just offered me Hill for Galladay and a 4th next year. Trying to talk him into a 5th. Mahomes is my QB and my team is looking pretty stacked but I an weary of trading future picks

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#60 » by humanrefutation » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:41 am

Well this has been a terrible fantasy week...but at least Josh Jacobs is giving me a boost.

Return to Green Bay Packers