ImageImage

2019 Packers Regular Season Thread - Dillon Elected to the HOF

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: 2019 Packers Regular Season Thread - Josh Sitton Retires as a Packer 

Post#181 » by MoMM » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Man, it's Odell, perhaps the best WR in the league. Imagine him and Adams together with Aaron throwing passes to them and Aaron Jones running ability, it would be a nightmare for any defense. Add our young guys at TE and we are set.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,146

Post#182 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Eh, $15 million a year for Beckham isn't bad.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#183 » by BUCKnation » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:53 pm

I love Odell, and I know he's been getting stuck in bad situations, but he seems kind of cancerous. Not really gonna risk it with how tight knit this team seems to be. On the other hand, it could be just the support group and team he needs to turn it around and Adams with Odell would be wild.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#184 » by MoMM » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:49 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I love Odell, and I know he's been getting stuck in bad situations, but he seems kind of cancerous. Not really gonna risk it with how tight knit this team seems to be. On the other hand, it could be just the support group and team he needs to turn it around and Adams with Odell would be wild.

Davante wants him here 8-)
MoMM
RealGM

Post#185 » by MoMM » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Eh, $15 million a year for Beckham isn't bad.

And if you consider that we pay Jimmy 12.6M, Lewis 2.1M and Allison 2.5M, basically we can let them go next season and have Odell instead (Jimmy would still count 3M in the cap), but you can't even compare their production and our young TEs would fill the missing hole at TE.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,333

Post#186 » by Mags FTW » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 pm

I can't think of the last SB Champ that had two high-priced WRs. This team is already proving you can win with an awful receiving corps. Just get them to "good" next year. Spend that money on defense.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#187 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:04 am

I think the offense is the much bigger problem. Rodgers will need all the help he can get.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#188 » by MoMM » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I think the offense is the much bigger problem. Rodgers will need all the help he can get.

Agreed. Our D# is kind of solid, we just need to one or two minor pieces to improve the running D#.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#189 » by vegaspacker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Janoris Jenkins, is he still available for playoff action?

Apparently he has been cut.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#190 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:06 pm

vegaspacker wrote:Janoris Jenkins, is he still available for playoff action?

Apparently he has been cut.

He's injured.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,244

Post#191 » by humanrefutation » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Janoris Jenkins is a bum. **** him.
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Post#192 » by Dandridgefav » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:37 am

With WR supposedly to be loaded in up-comming draft - it is highly probable that even at the Pack's late 1st draft position there will be several impressve talented WR prospects to choose. So for sure no Odel.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#193 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Dandridgefav wrote:With WR supposedly to be loaded in up-comming draft - it is highly probable that even at the Pack's late 1st draft position there will be several impressve talented WR prospects to choose. So for sure no Odel.

McShay's first mock has us taking the 8th rated WR and the 3rd best WR on his own team in DaVonta Smith. If they want to go the playmaker route (and I hope they do), I'd rather trade up and get one of the premiere guys. Maybe go after a swiss-army knife like Laviska Shenault Jr or a fast as hell deep threat like Henry Ruggs III. CeeDee Lamb would be a dream.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#194 » by raysbookclub » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:57 am

Are Alabama's ILB Moses (assuming ACL recovers fine) and the Oklahoma ILB really good? I see some mocks where the Oklahoma guy is a mid-first round pick, and Moses is a mid- or late-first. If they're that good, I'd be really intrigued with the choice of one of them vs a WR. A CB or an OL could be appealing too...
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#195 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:20 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Dandridgefav wrote:With WR supposedly to be loaded in up-comming draft - it is highly probable that even at the Pack's late 1st draft position there will be several impressve talented WR prospects to choose. So for sure no Odel.

McShay's first mock has us taking the 8th rated WR and the 3rd best WR on his own team in DaVonta Smith. If they want to go the playmaker route (and I hope they do), I'd rather trade up and get one of the premiere guys. Maybe go after a swiss-army knife like Laviska Shenault Jr or a fast as hell deep threat like Henry Ruggs III. CeeDee Lamb would be a dream.
Take the best guy but if it's close I would lean towards a good route running slot type vs a deep threat. Rodgers deep ball game has gotten inconsistent with age, happens to some guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#196 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:09 pm

Patrick extended. Good little move, he's an experienced backup who's the next man up at all the interior spots.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,987

Post#197 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,943

Post#198 » by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

I'm with you. Surprised he went with DaVonta Smith at our spot. He's got nice hands, but there's quite a few receivers I'd take over him in the late 1st. Shenault, Reagor, Tyler Johnson and Hamler are guys I'd consider before Smith and assuming any of Ruggs, Higgins, Jeudy falls, I'd take them before Smith too.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Re: 2019 Packers Regular Season Thread - Patrick Extended 2/$3.6 million 

Post#199 » by Treebeard » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Enh, at this point in the process, 99% of these mocks are just click bait, to keep us coming back.... Which I do.... For example, CBS updates their mocks at least once a week. Watch the flurry of lists that emerge from Bowl frenzy over the next weeks
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: 2019 Packers Regular Season Thread - Patrick Extended 2/$3.6 million 

Post#200 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Huge grain of salt this early but lots of WRs and OTs which is good because I could see the pack go that direction early.

WR will be interesting because not only is the top end talent good it's also super deep. I wonder if some top end guys fall a little as teams play a game of chicken knowing they can get a good one day two.

Return to Green Bay Packers