ImageImage

Vikings Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Re: Vikings Lead Up 

Post#61 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm

The #1 PPG Defense last year gave up 17 points per game, and we gave up 3. No, we are not a defense that can hold teams to 3 points. That was a mixture of good defense and incompetent quarterbacking and playcalling. The biggest difference from last year to this year is that last years team was incapable of creating pressure even against teams with abysmal offensive lines. This year's defense created pressure on almost 70% of passing plays. Everyone looks better when you can get to the quarterback.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#62 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:29 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:The #1 PPG Defense last year gave up 17 points per game, and we gave up 3. No, we are not a defense that can hold teams to 3 points. That was a mixture of good defense and incompetent quarterbacking and playcalling. The biggest difference from last year to this year is that last years team was incapable of creating pressure even against teams with abysmal offensive lines. This year's defense created pressure on almost 70% of passing plays. Everyone looks better when you can get to the quarterback.
It's a good point that in today's NFL even a good D is going to get scored on with some regularity.

I think the D can be good but health will be the key. I think there's a few spots where injuries could really submarine the unit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#63 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Nice start.

Return to Green Bay Packers