Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: GT: Vikings @ Packers - 12:00PM CST on FOX 

Post#481 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:I think there's been a little overreaction to being shutout for almost 3 quarters. If Allison doesn't cough the ball up we get at least a FG on that drive. Then if Aaron doesn't freak out about the spot and go for it on 4th and 1, we get another FG there.

That's 27 points against the Viking D in only the 2nd game for this new offense.

However once a few teams have no shot at the playoffs in 2-3 weeks, I still think we really need to try to trade for someone like the aforementioned Sanders.

Slightly misleading statement as it discounts that the D gave them the ball in a great spot for 7 of those points and 3 of the "theoretical points" wouldve been more a result of the D also.

So even had the offense gotten those extra 6 points that's only 17 points that can truly be attributed to the offense

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

The defense "gave them 7 points" after they got the ball at the 33? You still need to actually get the ball in the end zone. Ask the Vikings.
I said "The D gave them the ball in a great spot for 7 of those"..... Which is true

It's very misleading to say "if they just kick a FG instead of going for it on 4th and Allison doesnt fumble this offense scores 27 against the Vikings defense" while ignoring the context of the game

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#482 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 pm

humanrefutation wrote:My concern with the offense was that it pretty much went out of wack once they got out of their scripted play sheet. We also didn't execute that well - missed a couple blocks, Aaron missed a couple big throws, etc. It's still a work in process. I'll give them a few more games before panicking about it.

Credit to the Vikings defense, too. They're good and snuffed out some pretty good opportunities.

The Vikings defense just finally woke up and started playing with a smidgen of intensity. It was a classic Vikings snooze button start and the Packers took quick advantage early like they should. I can't really blame either teams for the ugliness on offense in the middle of the game. The refs were so horrible and absolutely constantly throwing flags at both teams that it was probably hard to get going. They end up digging into the bag of odd plays for the odd down and distance scenarios after penalties. Maybe that's why the scripted early drives looked so much better. By midseason they probably won't be thrown off so much by a ref call or a turnover.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#483 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Don't understand why the hell they went away from play-action so often in the 2nd half when the rushing attack was absolutely chewing them up all game. That was probably the biggest reason the offense stalled outside of just poor execution. Way too many straight drop-backs and out of shotgun formation. Whether that's on LaFleur or Rodgers changing it up at the line, just a bunch of poor decision-making all around.

Return to Green Bay Packers