ImageImage

Denver Lead Up - Lane Taylor to IR

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,744

Re: Denver Lead Up - Davis to Oakland for a 6th 

Post#81 » by Treebeard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:There is a lot of film of Jimmy Graham looking like a 200 year old trying to block. I wonder if there is a real move that will make us better at tight end. He has blown an absurd amount of running plays. He has also created almost nothing in the passing game.

Graham has become my personal whipping boy coming into the early part of this season. I understand and appreciate that Gute couldn't tighten up all of the roster loose ends in this off-season, so TE is now one of the more apparent weak spots. I'd bet they had higher hopes that a healthier Graham, a more experienced Tonyan, and the well regarded (but injured) Sternberger would be more productive,(Lewis is just a warm body); but it hasn't happened - yet anyway. Graham was never much of a blocker, but now he's deteriorated as a receiver as well. Hard miles have caught up to him. How long is Sternberger out for? Still, even when he is back, I don't expect much useful production from him this season.

I'd think if they make an in-season move, it's to upgrade TE.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#82 » by LikeABosh » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Treebeard wrote: How long is Sternberger out for? Still, even when he is back, I don't expect much useful production from him this season.

After Hockensen, he was supposed to be the most NFL ready TE so I hope he contributes right away, but who knows if the injury completely ruins that expectation
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#83 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm

With the injury and the fact that TE is one of the hardest positions to learn/develop as a rookie, I'm expecting pretty much nothing from Sternberger this season.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#84 » by crkone » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:With the injury and the fact that TE is one of the hardest positions to learn/develop as a rookie, I'm expecting pretty much nothing from Sternberger this season.

Update your avatar buddy!

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#85 » by crkone » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:34 pm

I am really like the quantity (and quality) of stuff put out my Matt Schneidman at The Athletic. He is really churning out the articles.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,182

Post#86 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#87 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Treebeard wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:There is a lot of film of Jimmy Graham looking like a 200 year old trying to block. I wonder if there is a real move that will make us better at tight end. He has blown an absurd amount of running plays. He has also created almost nothing in the passing game.

Graham has become my personal whipping boy coming into the early part of this season. I understand and appreciate that Gute couldn't tighten up all of the roster loose ends in this off-season, so TE is now one of the more apparent weak spots. I'd bet they had higher hopes that a healthier Graham, a more experienced Tonyan, and the well regarded (but injured) Sternberger would be more productive,(Lewis is just a warm body); but it hasn't happened - yet anyway. Graham was never much of a blocker, but now he's deteriorated as a receiver as well. Hard miles have caught up to him. How long is Sternberger out for? Still, even when he is back, I don't expect much useful production from him this season.

I'd think if they make an in-season move, it's to upgrade TE.
Me too, and I used to like Graham because I had him on a fantasy keeper team for years :)

He looks completely done. I'm not really sure what purpose he serves in his current state. He can't block so he's basically a big WR but is he really more useful than the other big WRs like Alison or even Lazard?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,158
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#88 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Graham is probably just a guy that we can use inside the 20 and line up out wide. Not even close to worth the money but it is what it is since we'll probably have to roster him. If Tonyan + Lewis look good enough then we can consider cutting him midseason.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#89 » by RRyder823 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Graham is probably just a guy that we can use inside the 20 and line up out wide. Not even close to worth the money but it is what it is since we'll probably have to roster him. If Tonyan + Lewis look good enough then we can consider cutting him midseason.

I've been against the signing of Graham since day one but cutting him mid season serves absolutely zero purpose and would make no sense

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,158
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#90 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Graham is probably just a guy that we can use inside the 20 and line up out wide. Not even close to worth the money but it is what it is since we'll probably have to roster him. If Tonyan + Lewis look good enough then we can consider cutting him midseason.

I've been against the signing of Graham since day one but cutting him mid season serves absolutely zero purpose and would make no sense

In general I agree unless you really think you have 2-3 better tight ends. If that's the case by week 8 or something he's treated like any other player on your roster because there is no chance he's being kept in 2020.

You're right in realistic terms that I'm not sure that's the case with this roster.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#91 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:23 pm

RRyder823 wrote:

Yeah, unless you can find a player in a trade, moving/cutting him doesn't make a lot of sense right now.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,307

Post#92 » by Mags FTW » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,933

Post#93 » by humanrefutation » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Za'Darius Smith apparently took the whole defense out to dinner last night at the Republic Chophouse, telling the guys that there was no limit. He ended up dropping $5000 on it. That's a good defensive captain right there.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,744

Post#94 » by Treebeard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:38 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Za'Darius Smith apparently took the whole defense out to dinner last night at the Republic Chophouse, telling the guys that there was no limit. He ended up dropping $5000 on it. That's a good defensive captain right there.

There's probably a few servers who think pretty highly of him as well.... :wink:
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#95 » by DrWood » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:00 am

jimmybones wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
He was a 5th round pick that failed as a WR, got some decent years from him as a returner and special teams player, then flipped him 3 years later for a future pick only one round further back in the draft. I'd say that's the definition of quality asset management. Most of these guys in the 5th-7th rounds never pan out past their rookie deals and you're just taking fliers anyways.

more like the definition of cutting bait. I said it's better than cutting him, but to think this represents the epitome of asset management is odd. it's churning the bottom of your asset pool.

My definition of “cutting bait” would be... cutting him for nothing.

Then you don't understand the idiom.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#96 » by GBPackers47 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:11 am

humanrefutation wrote:Za'Darius Smith apparently took the whole defense out to dinner last night at the Republic Chophouse, telling the guys that there was no limit. He ended up dropping $5000 on it. That's a good defensive captain right there.

his stories on IG are worth the follow and will give you a good view of him.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#97 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:52 am

crkone wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:With the injury and the fact that TE is one of the hardest positions to learn/develop as a rookie, I'm expecting pretty much nothing from Sternberger this season.

Update your avatar buddy!

Much appreciated.

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#98 » by trwi7 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Lane Taylor on IR.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#99 » by RRyder823 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Taylor might not of been starter quality anymore and most have been counting the days till Jenkins took his spot but this hurts our depth on the line quite a bit

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,182

Post#100 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers