Game 3: Broncos @ Packers - 12:00PM CST on FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Re: Game 3: Broncos @ Packers - 12:00PM CST on FOX 

Post#241 » by MrPerfect1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 am

Greatness wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Rodgers isn't Godgers anymore and he actually looks like a mediocre starting QB at this point.

He hasn't looked elite for a few years now. We have to accept this is not a small sample size and this is just who he is.

He obviously isn't MVP level anymore, but I also think the Offense has a disturbing lack of playmakers. MVS is currently our #2 receiving option. On the SB winning team he would have likely been the #5 WR.

This team desperately needs more Offensive playmakers. The FO has done a great job revamping the Defense. Now, they need to add talent to the Offense
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,535

Post#242 » by Greatness » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:37 am

LikeABosh wrote:
Greatness wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
So 1 year? He was injured in 2017 and was amazing for most of 2016

He's played 26 games since 2016. That's a large enough sample size.

Huh? We were 4-1 in 2017 when he was healthy and he was playing really well. 4400 yards / 104 passer rating / 42 TD / 10 Int pace. But sure, you count those games plus the games where he was injured like the Vikings and Panthers game and determine that he's been "bad for years"

Time to hop off the bandwagon. Nice knowin ya

Because I said he’s been “bad for years”. Love how you quote something that was never said.

Time to hop on a reading comprehension class. You clearly need one.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#243 » by LikeABosh » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:00 am

Greatness wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Greatness wrote:He's played 26 games since 2016. That's a large enough sample size.

Huh? We were 4-1 in 2017 when he was healthy and he was playing really well. 4400 yards / 104 passer rating / 42 TD / 10 Int pace. But sure, you count those games plus the games where he was injured like the Vikings and Panthers game and determine that he's been "bad for years"

Because I said he’s been “bad for years”. Love how you quote something that was never said.

Time to hop on a reading comprehension class. You clearly need one.

Oh I exaggerated. Quit your whining. But good for you to respond to the only part of my post that doesn't matter. You can swap out "bad" for "not elite" if it makes you feel better and you're still wrong

And that's a jerk store level comeback. I love it lol
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#244 » by LikeABosh » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:15 am

GBPackers47 wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Greatness wrote:He's played 26 games since 2016. That's a large enough sample size.

Let people complain about Rodgers declining or making too much money all they want. They are missing the last half career of, STILL, one of the top 5 QBs in football this year, next year, and the year after that.

There are so many things this man does that are so underappreciated. How many humans, no matter age, can roll to the left and throw a dart with their right arm consistently? Just look at today's game. 3rd and 15, rolling to his left and hits Adams for the First Down. Or the play on the first drive where he hit Lewis for the First Down. The way he moves in the pocket with his eyes down the field is unlike anyone else.

He isn't 30 years old anymore, but I sure as s*** will take Aaron Rodgers 11 out of 10 times at his salary before something like the potential of Daniel **** Jones at the rookie scale.

Lakers fans did the same thing with Kobe when they started losing. All of a sudden he made too much money and "hasn't been good for years." LA sports radio was insufferable at that time. And while Kobe wasn't the same Kobe who could carry the team, he was still doing those little things in games that only he could do. The things that made him Kobe. And they all missed it because they were too busy complaining about how Kobe is old and washed up he is.

Difference is this team is actually winning.

But hey...wE'rE nOt WiNnInG gOoD eNoUgH

I hear ya. I really think if we had some more weapons on offense Rodgers would still be putting up godly numbers and we wouldn't have to put up with the weekly "Rodgers is just an average QB" posts or those **** stupid videos of skycam footage showing that one WR was open for a second while Rodgers was evading a blitz. Give this team a prime Jordy Nelson and Rodgers is back to being a 40 TD kind of QB
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,289

Post#245 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:13 am

I think besides still needing time to Gel, the offense just needs one more top WR talent. If Davante is getting extra attention, there's no one really stepping up. The TE's are all mediocre or old, and the other WRs are hit or miss.

We need a Jordy/J. Walker/Jennings opposite Davante.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,289

Post#246 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:14 am

That being said, I haven't had this much fun watching a D like this in a really long time. Feels like a decade at minimum.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#247 » by ibanezjp » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:06 pm

HK agree on both points. I think the offense will get better but will not be the identity of the team this year. It has a ceiling because of the play makers specifically at WR and TE. This team can be focused around the run on offense because other than Davante those 2 backs are where the talent is at. Honestly that’s ok because after all the horrific defenses we’ve had in Rodgers tenure it feels good to be able to trust our defense. I would say other than the Hail Mary’s, the 2015 team’s identity was its defense which kept us in many games we should’ve lost. If Rodgers doesn’t go into a funk and was just average for him that’s a real good team. Not sure they best the panthers that year but I think they would’ve at least gotten to NGCCG.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#248 » by jimmybones » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:38 pm

HKPackFan wrote:I think besides still needing time to Gel, the offense just needs one more top WR talent. If Davante is getting extra attention, there's no one really stepping up. The TE's are all mediocre or old, and the other WRs are hit or miss.

We need a Jordy/J. Walker/Jennings opposite Davante.

Oh man, I forgot about Javon Walker.

I agree. The TEs suck and MVS should be a talented upside guy that we’re excited about his potential as our 4th/5th WR. Problem is, he’s our second and he’s not ready to be that.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#249 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Geronimo getting reps over Kumerow will forever be a travesty.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,775

Post#250 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:Geronimo getting reps over Kumerow will forever be a travesty.

Hope this isn't based on the last game because Kumerow didn't even suit up due to injury.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#251 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:13 pm

HKPackFan wrote: I haven't had this much fun watching a D like this in a really long time.

#phrasing
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#252 » by leroyjw10 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:53 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:Geronimo getting reps over Kumerow will forever be a travesty.

Hope this isn't based on the last game because Kumerow didn't even suit up due to injury.

Nope, Kumerow’s been behind him all season.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#253 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Allison should basically take Graham's spot on some passing plays and then let's get Sheppard or kumerow in the slot spot.

The O has been clunky with way too many 3 and outs but some of the raw numbers are down partly because of situation. They haven't had a game yet where they were chasing points. Their 4th quarter strategy has basically been to do just enough to hold onto a win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#254 » by RRyder823 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:55 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

I'm still calling bs on the win rate they're giving to Turner. (wont even comment in Taylor at 3) Little surprised Bulaga hasnt cracked the top 10 with how he's played but he's had some rough matchups

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#255 » by jimmybones » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:25 pm

I think Rodgers is still capable of moments of brilliance but unfortunately probably not as sustainable for long stretches in the past. So we may get some Godgers plays and drives as opposed to full on Godgers games and playoff runs.

Return to Green Bay Packers