Eagles Lead Up (TNF)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Re: Eagles Lead Up (TNF) 

Post#21 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:38 pm

I think we're going to see some jet sweeps from Shepherd. Get him matched up on a linebacker or a safety and let him go to work on a wheel route.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,672

Post#22 » by jimmybones » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Came here to post that I’d like to see Shepherd get a shot.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#23 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Line up to 4.5
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by jimmybones » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:55 pm

The defense had a rough stretch vs the Broncos but they have been really good a lot of the time and that’s while repeatedly being asked to do a lot since the offense can’t sustain drives or put teams away.

I’m doubling down that this defense is somewhere between good and really good.

Packers have faced 38 drives through three games, which is tied for the second most in football. They're allowing less than one point per possession, which is good for the second-best mark in football.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27680783/barnwell-stacking-surprises-nfl-seven-3-0-teams
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#25 » by Jollay » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Eagles are beat up and the short turnaround will be worse on them than us.

I like our odds...unless Blake is left with Ertz too much.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#26 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Yeah they're injured but also have some talent and this is a big game for them. It will be close. Absolutely need to take care of business at home. Then get 10 days for Dallas.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#27 » by Treebeard » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:05 pm

jimmybones wrote:The defense had a rough stretch vs the Broncos but they have been really good a lot of the time and that’s while repeatedly being asked to do a lot since the offense can’t sustain drives or put teams away.

Packers have faced 38 drives through three games, which is tied for the second most in football. They're allowing less than one point per possession, which is good for the second-best mark in football.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27680783/barnwell-stacking-surprises-nfl-seven-3-0-teams

It seemed to me they got caught a couple of times being over-focused on stripping the ball vs making the tackle. In the one case I remember, that failure to tackle led to extra yards and a drive sustaining first down.
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#28 » by jazzfanWA » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Treebeard wrote:
jimmybones wrote:The defense had a rough stretch vs the Broncos but they have been really good a lot of the time and that’s while repeatedly being asked to do a lot since the offense can’t sustain drives or put teams away.

It seemed to me they got caught a couple of times being over-focused on stripping the ball vs making the tackle. In the one case I remember, that failure to tackle led to extra yards and a drive sustaining first down.

Yeah. I saw the same thing.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#29 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:22 am

jazzfanWA wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

Yeah. I saw the same thing.
I'm ok with that some as the positive of a turnover can outweigh the potential negative of a missed tackle. They just have to know the situation and also not over do it.

Honestly some of the broncos long drives were just well called and executed offense. That's going to happen in the NFL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:49 am

Read on Twitter
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:47 am

From what I've seen, Jenkins looks decent. But that's a blow to depth at an already thinner segment of the roster. Who steps in when Bulaga inevitably goes out for a while?
jimmybones
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by jimmybones » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:37 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'm ok with that some as the positive of a turnover can outweigh the potential negative of a missed tackle. They just have to know the situation and also not over do it.

Honestly some of the broncos long drives were just well called and executed offense. That's going to happen in the NFL.

Agreed. The other team is getting paid too. They probably even want to win too. I think the defense deserves the same caveat as the offense that they should only get better as the year goes along considering how many newcomers and young guys their are on that side. Combination of current production(mostly the big plays, yes, but that’s a result of having playmakers) and upside has me very pleased with that side of the ball.
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Post#33 » by Dandridgefav » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:16 pm

Treebeard wrote:From what I've seen, Jenkins looks decent. But that's a blow to depth at an already thinner segment of the roster. Who steps in when Bulaga inevitably goes out for a while?

I believe Pack would move Turner to RT and one of Madison Patrick Pankey takes over RG. With Taylor done rookie Jones has to deliver. I suspect he will get better each game and be a very solid LG . However then for the 2nd year in a row the performance at RG could once again be poor and a huge hole of weakest position on offense.

NEXT OFF SEASON
FA - TE, ILB

draft
1ST - OT
2ND - RB
3RD - G-C
4TH - OT
5TH- S
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Dandridgefav wrote:
Treebeard wrote:From what I've seen, Jenkins looks decent. But that's a blow to depth at an already thinner segment of the roster. Who steps in when Bulaga inevitably goes out for a while?

I believe Pack would move Turner to RT and one of Madison Patrick Pankey takes over RG. With Taylor done rookie Jones has to deliver. I suspect he will get better each game and be a very solid LG . However then for the 2nd year in a row the performance at RG could once again be poor and a huge hole of weakest position on offense.

NEXT OFF SEASON
FA - TE, ILB

draft
1ST - OT
2ND - RB
3RD - G-C
4TH - OT
5TH- S

You are probably correct on the OL pecking order if Bulaga goes down. The party line all along about Turner is that he can play several positions on the line pretty well.

I can see the Packers focusing on O-line in the offseason, but as you note, TE and ILB are also soft spots that need to be considered. Plus, we'll need to see how Rogers holds up through this season. He's a warrior, but if the line starts suffering casualties, the run game may suffer and Rogers may be taking more hits as well.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#35 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:17 pm

Every team has glaring holes in their roster even this early in the season. I'm completely fine with ours being at two of the most easily replaceable positions (Guard, ILB). I'm focusing heavily on offensive play-makers in the offseason, if we're going to be looking ahead. Need a top-tier slot receiver and middle of the field TE more than anything.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm

I will agree that it's almost impossible to fix all the gaps in a roster, you just fix the worst and patch the others.

However, I think you can find plenty of "C" grade OLine and ILB's, but they're just placeholders. IMO, part of the reason the run game has been mediocre so far is the run blocking limitations of this line. They've been OK, but that's about it.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#37 » by skones » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:37 pm

We've looked great on these scripted starts these last couple of weeks. It's just a matter of finding a rhythm, getting everyone on the same page, everyone knowing their jobs, and then it'll come. This Eagles secondary gave up 380 yards and 3 TDs vs. Keenum, 320 yards and 3 TD's vs. Ryan (also 3 picks), and 200 and a TD vs. Stafford. The only teams who've given up more yards are New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and the Giants. Light. Them. Up.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,475

Post#38 » by neiLz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:59 pm

jimmybones wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'm ok with that some as the positive of a turnover can outweigh the potential negative of a missed tackle. They just have to know the situation and also not over do it.

Agreed. The other team is getting paid too. They probably even want to win too. I think the defense deserves the same caveat as the offense that they should only get better as the year goes along considering how many newcomers and young guys their are on that side. Combination of current production(mostly the big plays, yes, but that’s a result of having playmakers) and upside has me very pleased with that side of the ball.

My biggest complaint with the tackling was Lindsay's TD run on 4th down, looked like they had him well behind the goal line but just didn't bring him down. Other than that, the defense flies around and makes plays. The other team is going to execute at some point and defenses arent perfect.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by jimmybones » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:43 pm

skones wrote:We've looked great on these scripted starts these last couple of weeks. It's just a matter of finding a rhythm, getting everyone on the same page, everyone knowing their jobs, and then it'll come. This Eagles secondary gave up 380 yards and 3 TDs vs. Keenum, 320 yards and 3 TD's vs. Ryan (also 3 picks), and 200 and a TD vs. Stafford. The only teams who've given up more yards are New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and the Giants. Light. Them. Up.

Agreed. Seems like they have a great initial game plan and then something stalls. Need better in game adjustments.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 263

Post#40 » by Reddeye » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:59 pm

What?!?!?!?

Read on Twitter

Return to Green Bay Packers