Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,744

Re: Detroit Lead Up (MNF) 

Post#41 » by Treebeard » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:30 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

How often does that sort of thing happen?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,188

Post#42 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm

It's rare as far as I know
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 266

Post#43 » by Reddeye » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#44 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 266

Post#45 » by Reddeye » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:58 pm

ALLEN PARK -- Defensive tackle Mike Daniels was hurt by the Green Bay Packers’ decision to cut him on the eve of training camp, and it wasn’t hard to see how eager he was to prove his old team made a mistake.

“You’ll see how motivated I am," the former Pro Bowler said after signing with the Lions.

Problem is, it seems he won’t have a chance to do it at Lambeau Field.

Daniels missed another day of practice on Saturday and is not expected to play on Monday night when Detroit travels to Green Bay to face the Packers. Official game designations are due at 4 p.m. Saturday.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/10/lions-mike-daniels-expected-to-miss-revenge-game-against-packers.html
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#46 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:23 pm

He’s played 2 games and has one tackle. Letting him go for cap space was wise.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,218

Post#47 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Detroit is paying Daniels to do nothing out there.

We were smart to dump him when we did.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#48 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Adams officially out Monday. Linsley cleared to play,
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#49 » by MoMM » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 pm

What about Savage, Brown and Tonyan?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#50 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Read on Twitter
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#51 » by stillgotgame » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:20 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:“It is a major injury, so it’s something that we’ve got to pay attention to and make sure we monitor in the correct way to make sure it’s not something that gets re-aggravated later on in the season, or I come back a little too early and really mess the thing up,” Adams said. “We’re just really trying to pace it at this point. I can’t really tell you when I’m going to play. It doesn’t feel how I want it to feel at the moment, but we definitely have time, so we’ll just kind of playing this thing (out).”

“I haven’t really had too many big injuries since I’ve been here,” he said. “It’s been the ankle a couple of times and that tends to linger when you don’t let it heal up properly. We’ve been trying to take it slow and just based off some of the minor things I’ve had since I’ve been here, I heal pretty quickly. To be in a position right now where I can’t really come back as fast as I want to or can’t really dictate as much – it’s not something you can just say, ‘I’m going to tough through this.’ It has to be healed, especially when you have ligament damage. We’ve got to be smart about it. I feel like we’ve made some strides in treating it, but we’ve got to make a few more.”

Is it me or does he sound really soft here? I know that a toe injury is painful, and especially important for a wide receiver but c'mon man.
I do agree that coming back too early and re-injuring would be a bad thing though.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#52 » by stillgotgame » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:NFL is the ultimate hot take/flavor of the month sport so that's not much of a surprise. I mean, it's been two whole years since Rodgers has had an MVP caliber season. That's like an entire era ago for most NFL writers and talking heads. Lemme guess, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, and idk, Jimmy G or Goff?

You do know it's 2019, right? Rodgers right now is an above average quarterback. He's nowhere near what we saw in 2016 and before.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,689

Post#53 » by jimmybones » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:29 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:“It is a major injury, so it’s something that we’ve got to pay attention to and make sure we monitor in the correct way to make sure it’s not something that gets re-aggravated later on in the season, or I come back a little too early and really mess the thing up,” Adams said. “We’re just really trying to pace it at this point. I can’t really tell you when I’m going to play. It doesn’t feel how I want it to feel at the moment, but we definitely have time, so we’ll just kind of playing this thing (out).”

“I haven’t really had too many big injuries since I’ve been here,” he said. “It’s been the ankle a couple of times and that tends to linger when you don’t let it heal up properly. We’ve been trying to take it slow and just based off some of the minor things I’ve had since I’ve been here, I heal pretty quickly. To be in a position right now where I can’t really come back as fast as I want to or can’t really dictate as much – it’s not something you can just say, ‘I’m going to tough through this.’ It has to be healed, especially when you have ligament damage. We’ve got to be smart about it. I feel like we’ve made some strides in treating it, but we’ve got to make a few more.”

Is it me or does he sound really soft here? I know that a toe injury is painful, and especially important for a wide receiver but c'mon man.
I do agree that coming back too early and re-injuring would be a bad thing though.

No he does not, he sounds correct. You can’t tough through it and he risks further damage or lingering. Let it heal.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#54 » by RRyder823 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:38 pm

stillgotgame wrote:

Nope. Turf Toe ain't no joke and if it gets reagravated he'll be dealing with it all year

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,465

Post#55 » by Profound23 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:50 pm

Savage being out scares me. Hockenson, Kerryon, Golladay do their damage in the area he would cover. And we can't get into a shootout without Adam's. Going to need another big game from Aaron Jones and the oline.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#56 » by skones » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:40 am

stillgotgame wrote:

Turf toe is one of those things that gets worse and gets worse fast. It severely limits your ability to push off and go full speed.
lds102
Junior
And1: 71

Post#57 » by lds102 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:51 am

Can someone refresh my memory,when Sterling Sharp played for us he had Turf Toe but dam he seemed to play every game & it seemed to me he didn't miss a game.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Post#58 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:08 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:NFL is the ultimate hot take/flavor of the month sport so that's not much of a surprise. I mean, it's been two whole years since Rodgers has had an MVP caliber season. That's like an entire era ago for most NFL writers and talking heads. Lemme guess, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, and idk, Jimmy G or Goff?

You do know it's 2019, right? Rodgers right now is an above average quarterback. He's nowhere near what we saw in 2016 and before.

I didn't. Thanks for telling me what year it is.

:thumbsup:

Return to Green Bay Packers