ImageImage

Packers need a veteran WR - Sign Ryan Grant! No...not that one...the other one.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Re: Packers need a veteran WR... ASAP or rather, months ago 

Post#41 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 pm

I'd be cool with taking a flyer on Parker if it was a low draft pick but isn't he basically MVS?

Honestly MVS has been fine, Rodgers has missed him a couple times or his numbers would be much better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MrLynch07
Senior
And1: 72

Post#42 » by MrLynch07 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:04 am

Treebeard wrote:What compounds the WR issues is so little help from the TE's
I shouldn't be driving this car
MrLynch07
Senior
And1: 72

Post#43 » by MrLynch07 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:05 am

I'd argue we need a TE just as much as a WR2. I'm squarely in the Delanie Walker camp
I shouldn't be driving this car
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#44 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 am

We've had a lot of debates here since 2007 about the Packers not parting with a draft pick or two to get a offensive playmaker in-season like when you had guys like Moss, Tony Gonzalez and Marshawn Lynch available.

Rodgers and the defense are showing that the SB window is still open a crack here. Team needs to spend the pick(s) and acquire someone IMO. WR preferably but TE works also.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#45 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:04 am

MrLynch07 wrote:I'd argue we need a TE just as much as a WR2. I'm squarely in the Delanie Walker camp
Yeah I'd say TE is the worst position group on the team and it's not particularly close.

Tyler Eifert might be an option. They could really use Jace sternberger to get healthy and contribute.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,534

Post#46 » by Profound23 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:10 am

I wouldn’t mind OJ Howard or Austin Hooper if either are available
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#47 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:57 am

Tyler Eifert is a walking injury. No thank you.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#48 » by th87 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:11 am

Is Jordy Nelson done with football? I had advocated not bringing him back his last year, but at this point, he'd still give MVS a run for his money.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#49 » by MoMM » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Dez Bryant?
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post#50 » by JHSFIVE » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Rodgers and the defense are showing that the SB window is still open a crack here. Team needs to spend the pick(s) and acquire someone IMO. WR preferably but TE works also.

This...

I know that Adams makes everyone better, etc but this team is on one and the glaring weakness is at receiver.

also: Sternberger looks to be on track to be back later but geez Terry McLaurin would looks awfully nice right about now. I get it.... hindsight and Jace is looked at as the TE of the future, etc. TM just gets open... a lot.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#51 » by jute2003 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:16 pm

th87 wrote:Is Jordy Nelson done with football? I had advocated not bringing him back his last year, but at this point, he'd still give MVS a run for his money.
I dont know if he's done with football but football was done with him 2 years ago.
only a fan, only an opinion
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#52 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:We've had a lot of debates here since 2007 about the Packers not parting with a draft pick or two to get a offensive playmaker in-season like when you had guys like Moss, Tony Gonzalez and Marshawn Lynch available.

Rodgers and the defense are showing that the SB window is still open a crack here. Team needs to spend the pick(s) and acquire someone IMO. WR preferably but TE works also.

For the most part, the difference with those teams is that the skill positions were deeper.

They offered one for Moss, they just weren't willing to give the extension that Moss wanted so New England trumped them if I remember correctly.

Should they have acquired Lynch? Yes. I'm not sure it changes history very much, though...but we'll never know. I guess it maybe keeps him off of Seattle in 2014 or something.

Regardless, I saw the arguments for not doing it then. They really need help now and need to do something this time.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#53 » by stillgotgame » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Lazard looks like the real deal. Great to watch him truck that little CB. Been a long time since we've seen a Packer WR do that.

As for TE what's wrong with Tonyan? And why not more Mercedes Lewis than molasses? He's clearly more explosive, made 2 big plays Monday night.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#54 » by skones » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:02 pm

I wonder if Keenan Allen could be had given his recent comments. Trouble may be brewing behind the scenes there.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#55 » by LikeABosh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:14 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'd be cool with taking a flyer on Parker if it was a low draft pick but isn't he basically MVS?

Honestly MVS has been fine, Rodgers has missed him a couple times or his numbers would be much better.

Parker isn't fast like MVS, but he's a "bigger" target when you consider his wingspan and vertical. MVS is better at getting open downfield while Parker is gonna be better at making contested catches. I think he could be useful if that's the route they go
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#56 » by Daver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm all in a that sanu dude from Atlanta he would be a perfect #2
As for Brady having average receivers you are correct but he has a great great O coordinator and a great scheme that somehow gets those average receivers open nearly every damn play.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#57 » by Daver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:40 pm

They met Cobb go for only 5 million GA was supposed to be that slot guy who replaced him well he has flat out sucked they literally have no slot or anything close to a #2 guy I hope BG has the balls to do a kalil mack type of deal and bring in that stud WR
I personally think AB opposite Adams this,O would absolutely become best in football
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#58 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:41 pm

I'm very surprised with the lack of smoke surrounding a WR addition. I think that a mid season acquisition is another chance for Gute to differentiate himself from Ted Thompson. That being said, I think there is a very good chance we make 0 moves.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#59 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:46 pm

Daver wrote:They met Cobb go for only 5 million GA was supposed to be that slot guy who replaced him well he has flat out sucked they literally have no slot or anything close to a #2 guy I hope BG has the balls to do a kalil mack type of deal and bring in that stud WR
I personally think AB opposite Adams this,O would absolutely become best in football

After the first game it was, "man, can't believe we let Cobb go."

Since then, Cobb has also "flat out sucked."
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#60 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'd be cool with taking a flyer on Parker if it was a low draft pick but isn't he basically MVS?

Parker isn't fast like MVS, but he's a "bigger" target when you consider his wingspan and vertical. MVS is better at getting open downfield while Parker is gonna be better at making contested catches. I think he could be useful if that's the route they go

I may be jumping to conclusions on a small sample, but we just debuted a big target that can make contested catches on Monday night.

Return to Green Bay Packers