ImageImage

Raiders Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Re: Raiders Lead Up 

Post#21 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:24 pm

This team is playing inspired football. You can say what you want about the refs in that Lions game, but Aaron Rodgers has evolved, and he is playing on a Brady level as far as picking a defense apart. He also has the ability to throw dimes like he threw to Lazard. He is doing it with pretty much no weapons. The defense in quarters 2 through 4 was also incredible. We are playing like a truly good team, and I think we can beat anyone on any given day.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#22 » by GBPackers47 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:48 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
GBPackers47 wrote:
neiLz wrote:This is almost a must win game. If they can get to 6-1, would need 4 wins to probably secure a wild card, and 5 to win division. @NYG, vs Redskins are possibly t he only two gimme's (even though giants are playing better). LAC looks to be much easier but its on the road, vs carolina looks tougher by the week. Its early, but if they win 10 games with this schedule, Lafluer/Gute Deserve some huge credit.

Chargers game may technically be on the road, but that will 100% be a home game.

I drove down to San Diego for a Chargers/Packers preseason game a few years ago and there were so many Packer fans that the Chargers were booed in their own stadium.

The Chargers now play in a soccer stadium in f*** Carson. Not a soul in this city cares about them.

I wanted to go to this game, seeing the Pack in a small venue would have been cool. But it's $375+ for end zone seats. Add airfare and hotel...nope. Still considering going to KC but those are going to cost $275+

I did the Rams game last year and paid $400 which is borderline insane.

If you do decide on the Chargers game though, look into Long Beach for a hotel (and possibly flight). It’s close to the stadium in Carson, traffic won’t be as bad, and you won’t pay LA prices.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#23 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,994

Post#24 » by Daver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Another 2nd round pick that might be a bust first Jones now Jackson hope I'm wrong .Damn packers can't keep missing on the high draft picks its,killing them
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#25 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Daver wrote:Another 2nd round pick that might be a bust first Jones now Jackson hope I'm wrong .Damn packers can't keep missing on the high draft picks its,killing them

What? We are one of the best teams in the league.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,428

Post#26 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Campbell and Sternberger return to practice.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#27 » by LikeABosh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:51 am

Daver wrote:Another 2nd round pick that might be a bust first Jones now Jackson hope I'm wrong .Damn packers can't keep missing on the high draft picks its,killing them

We drafted Jaire and Savage with high picks and they've been great. There's more duds than studs in a draft. Finding 2 quality starters with your 1st round picks in back to back drafts is not "missing""
LikeABosh
RealGM

Post#28 » by LikeABosh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:03 am

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,428

Post#29 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:11 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#30 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:24 am

LikeABosh wrote:
Read on Twitter
Impressive for Murray. He might be a good one.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#31 » by MoMM » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:19 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does Godgers' pass to Shepherd count as an interceptable one?
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#32 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:34 am

LikeABosh wrote:

We drafted Jaire and Savage with high picks and they've been great. There's more duds than studs in a draft. Finding 2 quality starters with your 1st round picks in back to back drafts is not "missing""

Our 2nd round pick this year might be the best of all of them.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#33 » by RRyder823 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:41 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:

3 out of 5 for Gute so far in round one and two isnt a bad ratio to hang his hat on.

That said he does need some mid/late round picks to come through (Scott excluded. I concede on that one)

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#34 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:50 am

RRyder823 wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:

3 out of 5 for Gute so far in round one and two isnt a bad ratio to hang his hat on.

That said he does need some mid/late round picks to come through (Scott excluded. I concede on that one)

I think it is a little quick to call Gary a miss. Elgton blocking at a pro-bowl lineman level was an insane pick. Gute is killing it early. It would be huge for us if Jace Sternberger and Oren Burks become real players.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#35 » by RRyder823 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:00 am

I wasnt a fan of the Gary pick but my remark was simply stating as of "right now". It wasnt intended to call him a miss

If even one mid/late round pick can end up stepping up it will end up being huge whether its Stern, Burks or MVS (I love MVS and even if he doesnt improve wont call him a miss but when you take 3 WRs like that you need one of them to be a make a impact)

LikeABosh
RealGM

Post#36 » by LikeABosh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:

I forgot he was a 2nd rounder. He's been really good besides the penalties. I love that he could replace Taylor and have an impact right away
LikeABosh
RealGM

Post#37 » by LikeABosh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:01 pm

MoMM wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does Godgers' pass to Shepherd count as an interceptable one?

Probably not. Rodgers has more int than Mahomes and Wilson but a lower %
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#38 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:43 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Read on Twitter

It really baffled me when people said, "you [Cardinals] already have your drafted QB, trade the 1st overall pick or take Nick Bosa to start building your team" with that. All 1st round QBs/picks are not created equal. Rosen already looked like **** and if you think that Kyler is going to be a star QB then you have to think to yourself how many 1st round picks you'd have to trade to X team 3 years from now to get him. 5 first rounders? 7?

Even though Baker has faded a bit it was the same thing with him. "Take Saquon or another player and just take whichever of Darnold or Rosen drops to you at 4." Saquon is a generational talent and I still probably would want Baker (although that is fading a bit). You can't play the draft value game if you think you have a generational QB in your sights. If you're right, then said QB is invaluable and suddenly you have a player that is worth 10 1st round picks.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,576

Post#39 » by Profound23 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:53 pm

I think there will be a kickoff/punt return for a td in this game.

Question is will it be Trevor Davis or Shepherd?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#40 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Profound23 wrote:I think there will be a kickoff/punt return for a td in this game.

Question is will it be Trevor Davis or Shepherd?

Please give me odds on Shepherd scoring a return touchdown in his NFL career and I will choose "No" with a lot of money behind it.

Return to Green Bay Packers