ImageImage

Minny Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Re: Minny Lead Up 

Post#21 » by Mags FTW » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Sounds like Kumerow is going to get more snaps, likely on behalf of MVS.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#22 » by Treebeard » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Sounds like Kumerow is going to get more snaps, likely on behalf of MVS.

Boy, did MVS fall off the planet. Last year, he got to look like he was going to be an integral piece. This year, he really has struggled, especially with catching the ball. He's got the speed the team needs, but?..... Neither Kumerow or Lazard have his breakaway speed, nor Adams moves, but at least they get open, can catch a ball, and run a bit.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#23 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:02 am

Treebeard wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Sounds like Kumerow is going to get more snaps, likely on behalf of MVS.

Boy, did MVS fall off the planet. Last year, he got to look like he was going to be an integral piece. This year, he really has struggled, especially with catching the ball. He's got the speed the team needs, but?..... Neither Kumerow or Lazard have his breakaway speed, nor Adams moves, but at least they get open, can catch a ball, and run a bit.

He was the crux piece of the receiving group. He was supposed to be fast enough to take the top off of defenses, but still able to make plays on intermediate routes. Man he stinks.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#24 » by chuckleslove » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:28 am

MVS is struggling but his numbers aren't much different than Adams through 2 years and it was year 3 when Adams really broke out so I won't give up on him yet.

What's most frustrating is that he doesn't seem to have issue beating his guy downfield at least once a game and then he just drops it or can't quite come up with the catch. You can see the physical ability righht thhere.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#25 » by Treebeard » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:56 am

Oh yeah, while MVS struggles this year are frustrating, its too early to give up on him. Didn't James Jones have a similar rocky start?
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#26 » by chuckleslove » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:05 am

Treebeard wrote:Oh yeah, while MVS struggles this year are frustrating, its too early to give up on him. Didn't James Jones have a similar rocky start?

I thought so but when I was looking at pro football reference not really. JJ mostly struggled on some pretty big/key drops early in his career but statistically was pretty even throughout his seasons. Adams however had very identical catch rates to what MVS was through 2 seasons.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#27 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:15 pm

chuckleslove wrote:MVS is struggling but his numbers aren't much different than Adams through 2 years and it was year 3 when Adams really broke out so I won't give up on him yet.

What's most frustrating is that he doesn't seem to have issue beating his guy downfield at least once a game and then he just drops it or can't quite come up with the catch. You can see the physical ability righht thhere.
Yeah it's been a real struggle for him down the stretch. The one this past Sunday he has to catch but some of the deep balls he's been open on where on Rodgers earlier this year. Those two just never felt in sync this season. The deep ball stuff should work itself out but MVS really needs to work on his short and intermediate route running this summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#28 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:11 pm

Let's be clear, Adams also stunk through 2 years. We put a lot of faith in the Packers to develop MVS because they have shown a history of being able to develop guys. However, it is clear that we put too much faith into the team, and they shied away from adding weapons for adding borderline practice squad guys and thinking they were smarter than the rest of the league. I don't think we came away with no wins -- obviously Lazard is a big win, and Kumerow still remains to be seen. Unfortunately we were hoping that these players would slot in as effective #2 and #3 receivers, and that just has not happened.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#29 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:11 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Let's be clear, Adams also stunk through 2 years. We put a lot of faith in the Packers to develop MVS because they have shown a history of being able to develop guys. However, it is clear that we put too much faith into the team, and they shied away from adding weapons for adding borderline practice squad guys and thinking they were smarter than the rest of the league. I don't think we came away with no wins -- obviously Lazard is a big win, and Kumerow still remains to be seen. Unfortunately we were hoping that these players would slot in as effective #2 and #3 receivers, and that just has not happened.
I think they still for some unknown reason believed Graham could play and would be the defacto #2... Which is crazy to anyone who watched his corpse play last season.

It's also still odd to me they didn't keep EQ on the opening 53 then place him on IR a day later to at least keep the option of him returning this year available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#30 » by rilamann » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:04 am

Might not be a factor, but by the time we kickoff Monday the Vikings might pretty much be locked into the #6 seed. Maybe that will give us the mental and sense of urgency advantage.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#31 » by LikeABosh » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Sounds like Dalvin Cook might be out
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#32 » by Mags FTW » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:08 pm

rilamann wrote:Might not be a factor, but by the time we kickoff Monday the Vikings might pretty much be locked into the #6 seed. Maybe that will give us the mental and sense of urgency advantage.

They can still win the division if we choke against the Lions. And I don't know their tie-breaker situation with the Saints for the 2 seed.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#33 » by Profound23 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Maybe I am crazy or it is wishful thinking, but I think Gary has a big play or two this week.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#34 » by neiLz » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:02 pm

i want the packers to not have to play a wild card game. this team needs the bye. cook is probably out and Minn may know that the odds of winning the division are super low since packers play they lions week 17. the packers better come out prepared. smack kirk and the vikings in the mouth and the vikings normally fold when punched first. i want ot see the packers move the ball and open up the playbook. need to do everything and anything to win this game.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Treebeard » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Profound23 wrote:Maybe I am crazy or it is wishful thinking, but I think Gary has a big play or two this week.

Wouldn't it be nice for this game to be his breakout game?
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#36 » by RRyder823 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:31 pm

Treebeard wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Maybe I am crazy or it is wishful thinking, but I think Gary has a big play or two this week.

Wouldn't it be nice for this game to be his breakout game?
I think hoping for a breakout game this late in the year is wishfull thinking. Next year we can hope for more but right now the best you can realistically hope for is one or two plays where he shows up every couple of weeks

The Smith brothers need to live in the backfield and if Cook is hurt they should have plenty of chances to do so

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Treebeard » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Quite a few writers take shots at Rodgers being selected to the Pro Bowl:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28321825/2020-pro-bowl-snubs-surprises-nfl-experts-audit-afc-nfc-rosters

Those comments will most likely stoke Rodger's ego-fire. Hopefully, that's for the good..... He seems to play better with a chip on his shoulder
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#38 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:43 pm

I think even Aaron knows he's played like **** this season.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#39 » by th87 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Treebeard wrote:Quite a few writers take shots at Rodgers being selected to the Pro Bowl:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28321825/2020-pro-bowl-snubs-surprises-nfl-experts-audit-afc-nfc-rosters

Those comments will most likely stoke Rodger's ego-fire. Hopefully, that's for the good..... He seems to play better with a chip on his shoulder

Used to
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,938

Post#40 » by stillgotgame » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:29 am

I think it’s really hard for Rodgers to break in new receivers. He’s so used to guys being where he can trust them.
Ironically his best game of the season - by far - was with Adams out. He was forced to look for others, and Lazard and others were always open.
Good thing about this is that it’s fixable. C’mon Aaron, get it together. Kumerow and Lazard can play.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Green Bay Packers