Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Re: GT: Rose Bowl - Badgers/Oregon 

Post#281 » by Treebeard » Thu Jan 2, 2020 3:36 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Didn't think he was even considering the NFL.

Cephus? In a normal year he should go no question. But this might be the best WR draft of all time so might be worth it to wait a year.

Most mocks I've seen so far, have Biadasz going mid to late first round, so he should make the jump while he's hot.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#282 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Jan 2, 2020 4:17 pm

I'm generally the "**** happens" and coach defender. I don't think there was anything egregiously bad in that game by the staff but the morning after I'd say two things I'd have liked from Riverboat Paul (who was generally the right amount of aggressive).

-4th and 4 from the 7 or whatever it was when they were up 3. I said it in the moment...should've played for the touchdown there. Go for it and if you miss, Oregon has to go 95 yards.
-3rd and 20 after the atrocious OPI. Set up a play for 8-12 yards (and hopefully more) and go for it on 4th and medium.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#283 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Jan 2, 2020 4:28 pm

Also if you think back on that game. I know, I know...the Badgers really did trip over their own dicks a bunch...but there were a lot of really, really bad calls. To the point where you felt like there was bias.

How does someone not call down and tell them to review that Stokke 1st down? But instead they review a generous spot to Cephus? Of course that's fine to do but then review the other one that had MASSIVE implications (luckily the Badgers scored anyways). There was an entire timeout to sit through and they did nothing.

So many holding plays on Oregon not called but huge ones were called on Wisconsin when they were driving early. A really bad one on Herbert's 2nd TD.

Clear targeting (it seemed like the guy trying to make a hit on a player, but it's a penalty) on Dunn on the punt return late in the game.

The unsportsmanlike penalty after Herbert's touchdown was because the Badger defender was pushed into Herbert by an Oregon player.

The stupid OPI we've all discussed.

The one where Hicks got burned, tried to grab the guy and wiffed, got a penalty.

Very hard to see in the speed of the game, but Coan got hit in the face by a hand on the INT. Again, one of those that sucks and I hate to see called in general, but they were calling stuff like that on the Badgers.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#284 » by Mags FTW » Thu Jan 2, 2020 7:03 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I'm generally the "**** happens" and coach defender. I don't think there was anything egregiously bad in that game by the staff but the morning after I'd say two things I'd have liked from Riverboat Paul (who was generally the right amount of aggressive).

-4th and 4 from the 7 or whatever it was when they were up 3. I said it in the moment...should've played for the touchdown there. Go for it and if you miss, Oregon has to go 95 yards.
-3rd and 20 after the atrocious OPI. Set up a play for 8-12 yards (and hopefully more) and go for it on 4th and medium.

Definitely agree. With the length of the drive, settling for a FG felt like a defeat. Still a 1 score game.

I would've ran on 3rd to try and catch them off guard and gone on 4th if necessary.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,774

Post#285 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:28 pm

[quote="Kerb Hohl"]I'm generally the "**** happens" and coach defender. I don't think there was anything egregiously bad in that game by the staff but the morning after I'd say two things I'd have liked from Riverboat Paul (who was generally the right amount of aggressive).

-3rd and 20 after the atrocious OPI. Set up a play for 8-12 yards (and hopefully more) and go for it on 4th and medium.[/quote]

That's what I thought they would do. But I am pretty sure all the receivers ran fly routes. I knew when they punted they wouldn't get the ball back.

Return to Green Bay Packers