ImageImage

Seahawks Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,293

Re: Seahawks Lead Up 

Post#61 » by rilamann » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:20 am

I feel extremely more confident making a run with an overachieving, winning ugly team coached by Matt Lefluer that I would ever feel with a super talented 14-2 team coached by Mike McCarthy.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#62 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:56 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Lazard has 35 catches this year, not sure this is proving the point you think it is. His 52 targets, for comparison, Metcalf had 100 this year

You understand Metcalf is better and also played for 5 more games, right? Your comparison doesn't work at all. Lazard would be at 76 targets in a 16 game season. You think that proves Rodgers doesn't trust him when that would make him 2nd on the team for targets? I think it proves exactly what I expected it to

Yeah, we don't see eye to eye on this one...I gave you example of all pro WR that didn't even get 100 targets from Rodgers for years. You could interpret that as something else, I see it is an example of Rodgers not throwing to guys he doesn't trust.

So we just disagree, no big deal, I am told it happens on the internet.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#63 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Wow I didn't realize he'd played that well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#64 » by stillgotgame » Tue Jan 7, 2020 5:48 pm

M-C-G wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Lazard has 35 catches this year, not sure this is proving the point you think it is. His 52 targets, for comparison, Metcalf had 100 this year

You understand Metcalf is better and also played for 5 more games, right? Your comparison doesn't work at all. Lazard would be at 76 targets in a 16 game season. You think that proves Rodgers doesn't trust him when that would make him 2nd on the team for targets? I think it proves exactly what I expected it to

Yeah, we don't see eye to eye on this one...I gave you example of all pro WR that didn't even get 100 targets from Rodgers for years. You could interpret that as something else, I see it is an example of Rodgers not throwing to guys he doesn't trust.

Rodgers distrust of young receivers is a huge downfall. He's so locked in on Davante it really hurts us. When Davante was out for 4 games, he had no choice to spread the ball around. Godgers played his best football, by far. Stats are not remotely close.

4 games w/o Davante: 94/137 68.6 % completions, 314 yards passing per game, 2.5 TD passing per game. Pack 4-0

12 games with Davante: 259/432 60.0 %, 229 yards per game, 1.25 TD passing per game. Pack 9-3
Read on Twitter
?s=20
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#65 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 7, 2020 5:52 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:

Rodgers distrust of young receivers is a huge downfall. He's so locked in on Davante it really hurts us. When Davante was out for 4 games, he had no choice to spread the ball around. Godgers played his best football, by far. Stats are not remotely close.

4 games w/o Davante: 94/137 68.6 % completions, 314 yards passing per game, 2.5 TD passing per game. Pack 4-0

12 games with Davante: 259/432 60.0 %, 229 yards per game, 1.25 TD passing per game. Pack 9-3

It's really frustrating because once Davante got back, it seemed to let him play like he did in the McCarthy days. I think that is the biggest frustration from a lot of people, the offense as designed can work, just need Rodgers to trust the damn thing and see what happens.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#66 » by MoMM » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:44 pm

So basically our problem is our HoF QB and we should fix that by signing Kaepernick or Cam next offseason? :laugh:
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#67 » by LikeABosh » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:49 pm

M-C-G wrote:I gave you example of all pro WR that didn't even get 100 targets from Rodgers for years. You could interpret that as something else, I see it is an example of Rodgers not throwing to guys he doesn't trust.

Dude

Jordy had 96 targets when he was 26 and he only started 9 games. This is when we had Jennings, Finley, Jones, Cobb, and Driver. Saying he didn't get to 100 targets until he was 28 is such a terrible twist on your part. That was his first season he started 16 games

And if that's not soon enough, ask me who led the team in targets for our 2010 playoff run. Guess who had double the amount of targets in the Owl than any other WR. Crazy that Jordy hadn't earned Rodgers' trust but still managed to be our best WR
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,021

Post#68 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:07 pm

Jordy is a bad example, but it is true that Rodgers has generally struggled with working new receivers into the offense over the years. If he doesn't trust his guys to run the rights routes and be in the right spot and to actually make the catch, he'll look elsewhere. He doesn't have patience with mistakes, and thus, he tends to play favorites with receivers he trusts, whether it was Jordy or Cobb or Davante. Our offense is at its best when he spreads the ball around, risks be damned.

This year, for example, you could make the argument that our most productive offense came in the four games Adams was out due to injury in Weeks 5-8.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#69 » by stillgotgame » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:14 pm

MoMM wrote:So basically our problem is our HoF QB and we should fix that by signing Kaepernick or Cam next offseason? :laugh:

Probably a bad idea.

With the exception of that 4 game stretch, and the Bears game last year when he was injured, Rodgers has not played like his HOF self for 3 years now. Maybe he just needs adversity to thrive? :lol:

He's gotta look for Lazard. I know Davante is a top 10 receiver in the league, but young guys can get open too. Debo Samuel and DK Metcalf sure can, and their QBs throw to them.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#70 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:27 pm

M-C-G wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Why wouldn't he? Rodgers doesn't just decide to ignore receivers because they're young. They prove it in practice. This is why he liked Lazard even though he was completely unproven when Rodgers lobbied for him to play more
I don't know about the trust thing but throwing accurate deep balls hasn't exactly been something Rodgers consistently has been able to do this season.

I have no stats handy to back this up, but once the league figured out not to give Rodgers free plays by jumping offsides, his big plays have noticeably declined, substantially.

Yeah, I've thought this too the last few weeks. Seems to me the only times he really takes contested shots downfield is when he knows he has a free play situation due to offsides/too many men on the field. Since defenses have gotten smarter about not jumping, it's not really a coincidence that those gigantic pass plays have kind of disappeared.

The hard count stuff worked best when they would only use it a handful of times a game -- I guarantee the percentages of teams' jumping offsides combined with the amount of plays they used the hard count was much, much higher a handful of years ago than it is right now. Now, it seems like they're at least using 1-2 plays per drive trying to get someone to jump offsides. A lot of the play clock/timeout issues result from this strategy that doesn't really work anymore either. Again, someone smarter than me can probably do the research and figure out if this is accurate, but that's how it certainly feels.

When defenses are figuring out a gameplan to stop the Packers, one of the top priorities I'm sure is to stay onsides and don't fall into the trap of giving #12 a free play. Rodgers is obviously an all-time great talent & player, but his ability to draw defenders into giving him a free play should just be a feather in his cap, not the entire hat like it's sort of felt over the last year or so.
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post#71 » by JHSFIVE » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:40 pm

I'd take EJenkins 10x outta 10 over DK.... Jenkins will go to multiple pro-bowls.

AJ Brown (went 7 picks after Jenkins) on the other hand.... whew. That dude is a stud.

Back to the game:

I don't want it to be close. watching RWilson run around free while he finds some random receiver for 23 yards is just no fun. While some folks love him for his 1 year with Bucky, I cant stand the dude. So corny. Pete Carroll is one of the more dirty football coaches in history (USC) so that just adds to it when it comes to some of his historical marquee players (Sherman, GTate, MBennett, RWilson, etc)

That said, I think GB beats them down. Smiths Eat, DeVante catches 10 or so balls, AJones does his thing.

27-13 pack
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,228

Post#72 » by PintSizedBox10 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:33 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
MoMM wrote:So basically our problem is our HoF QB and we should fix that by signing Kaepernick or Cam next offseason? :laugh:

Probably a bad idea.

With the exception of that 4 game stretch, and the Bears game last year when he was injured, Rodgers has not played like his HOF self for 3 years now. Maybe he just needs adversity to thrive? :lol:

He's gotta look for Lazard. I know Davante is a top 10 receiver in the league, but young guys can get open too. Debo Samuel and DK Metcalf sure can, and their QBs throw to them.

What are you even arguing? Samuel and Metcalf were both fairly high picks on teams lacking WR talent. Of course they’re going to get targets. Are you really comparing those young guys to the likes of our young players Lazard and Kumerow?

Adams 1st season (our last highly drafted WR) had 66 targets. Guess who the two guys ahead of him were. Jordy and Cobb who combined for 2700 yards and 25 TDs.

You can’t completely ignore the depth chart and snap counts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#73 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:42 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
M-C-G wrote:I gave you example of all pro WR that didn't even get 100 targets from Rodgers for years. You could interpret that as something else, I see it is an example of Rodgers not throwing to guys he doesn't trust.

Dude

Jordy had 96 targets when he was 26 and he only started 9 games. This is when we had Jennings, Finley, Jones, Cobb, and Driver. Saying he didn't get to 100 targets until he was 28 is such a terrible twist on your part. That was his first season he started 16 games

And if that's not soon enough, ask me who led the team in targets for our 2010 playoff run. Guess who had double the amount of targets in the Owl than any other WR. Crazy that Jordy hadn't earned Rodgers' trust but still managed to be our best WR

Unintentional twist on my part, I didn't look at the number of games played on the historical.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#74 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 7, 2020 11:50 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:

Probably a bad idea.

What are you even arguing? Samuel and Metcalf were both fairly high picks on teams lacking WR talent. Of course they’re going to get targets. Are you really comparing those young guys to the likes of our young players Lazard and Kumerow?

Adams 1st season (our last highly drafted WR) had 66 targets. Guess who the two guys ahead of him were. Jordy and Cobb who combined for 2700 yards and 25 TDs.

You can’t completely ignore the depth chart and snap counts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It is an odd argument to make considering how loaded some of those teams were.

Lazard is the guy to look at as was mentioned. He was on the practice squad to start the year. He didn't catch a pass until week 6. He ended up with 52 targets while playing only 44% of the offensive snaps this year. Rodgers was even lobbying for him to play. Rodgers also has shown a lot of confidence in Lazard to make plays in single coverage.

If Metcalf or any other rookie had made a splash in practice, Rodgers would have given him the chance to prove himself in games.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#75 » by HKPackFan » Wed Jan 8, 2020 10:03 am

Pete Carroll sucks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#76 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:27 pm

Read on Twitter

Weather makes me happy the saints aren't coming to town because I don't think it would have impacted them much at all.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,021

Post#77 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:48 pm

There is no world in which an interior lineman is worth as much as a WR.

So, unless you believe that Metcalf won't be great in the long run - which, despite a very promising first season, isn't a given - then it doesn't make sense to advocate Jenkins over him. If Metcalf becomes a stud #1 WR, then there's nothing - not even a HOF career for Jenkins - that will make passing on him for EJ the correct decision, IMO.

Hindsight is 20/20, though.
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#78 » by jazzfanWA » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:00 pm

If the Packers and the 49ers both win the Packers will have a distinct disadvantage. Playing the late game on Sunday and then playing at the 49ers on following Saturday while 49ers will have an extra day rest.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,433

Post#79 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:19 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:If the Packers and the 49ers both win the Packers will have a distinct disadvantage. Playing the late game on Sunday and then playing at the 49ers on following Saturday while 49ers will have an extra day rest.

Both conference championship games are next Sunday. The NFC is the late Sunday game, 5:40
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,845

Post#80 » by GiannisAnte34 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:20 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:If the Packers and the 49ers both win the Packers will have a distinct disadvantage. Playing the late game on Sunday and then playing at the 49ers on following Saturday while 49ers will have an extra day rest.

so you're telling me I'm a Vikings fan?

Return to Green Bay Packers