ImageImage

Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1101 » by DrWood » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:23 am

I wonder if more players will wear face shields, even extending down to the bottom of the mask?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#1102 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 pm

With the cap looking like it will shrink or remain flat for a while I'm really starting to wonder if the Packers hit the rebuild button if they don't go to the super bowl this year.

There's almost no way to avoid a talent drain this coming off-season so maybe you lean into it and let everyone but Clark walk (he's plenty young enough to be part of the next good team). You get the comp picks for the FAs then you look to trade Rodgers for picks and take the dead cap hit next year. You have Loves first year as a starter in a rebuild year with low expectations. You then use those picks and have cap space the spring of 22 to try a quick rebuild for the last 3 years of Loves rookie contract.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#1103 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:53 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:With the cap looking like it will shrink or remain flat for a while I'm really starting to wonder if the Packers hit the rebuild button if they don't go to the super bowl this year.

There's almost no way to avoid a talent drain this coming off-season so maybe you lean into it and let everyone but Clark walk (he's plenty young enough to be part of the next good team). You get the comp picks for the FAs then you look to trade Rodgers for picks and take the dead cap hit next year. You have Loves first year as a starter in a rebuild year with low expectations. You then use those picks and have cap space the spring of 22 to try a quick rebuild for the last 3 years of Loves rookie contract.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

Yeah I am not sure if that is the plan but that would be my plan. Keep everyone, trade Rodgers, invest in FA to build around Love while he is cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to Green Bay Packers