Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#24 » by Treebeard » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Walter Football's Jan 22 Mock - FWIW Walter grades out high on accuracy. Love their Rnd 1 choice for the Pack (#30)Tee Higgins & (#62) Albert Okwuegbunam TE

Kind of a slow load - lots of ad junk
http://walterfootball.com/draft2020.php

Also FWIW: Taylor(#45) and Biadsz(#46)
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#25 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Tee Higgins falling to 30 would be as surprising to me as DK Metcalfs fall into the second. I kinda want a speedy, smaller receiver like Ruggs, Reagor or Hamler.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#26 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 pm

Josh Jones putting in work! Love his foot speed. Him and Mekhi Bechton are so fluid.

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#27 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Kiper's first mock:

30. Green Bay Packers
KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State

When Green Bay had two first-round picks a year ago, I thought surely it would use one on a receiver to help out Aaron Rodgers, who has had Davante Adams and a bunch of late-round picks for the past few seasons. But no, the Packers went defense on Day 1. And while their defense was improved, the dearth of talent behind Adams reared its head again, as the No. 2 non-running back pass-catcher was former undrafted wideout Allen Lazard. What does Rodgers have to do to get some help? Hamler, who at 5-foot-9 reminds me a little bit of Marquise Brown, is electric with the ball in his hands. He could rise even more after he works out at the combine. Offensive tackle could be another potential target for Green Bay.

Wouldn't hate this at all.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,938

Post#28 » by stillgotgame » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Need a fast linebacker. Desperately.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#29 » by Matches Malone » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:07 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Kiper's first mock:

30. Green Bay Packers

When Green Bay had two first-round picks a year ago, I thought surely it would use one on a receiver to help out Aaron Rodgers, who has had Davante Adams and a bunch of late-round picks for the past few seasons. But no, the Packers went defense on Day 1. And while their defense was improved, the dearth of talent behind Adams reared its head again, as the No. 2 non-running back pass-catcher was former undrafted wideout Allen Lazard. What does Rodgers have to do to get some help? Hamler, who at 5-foot-9 reminds me a little bit of Marquise Brown, is electric with the ball in his hands. He could rise even more after he works out at the combine. Offensive tackle could be another potential target for Green Bay.

I like it as well. I think I'd put Laviska and Raegor slightly ahead but I'm all for a speedy receiver. Need someone who can just take the ball and fly down the field.

Another guy I like that they could probably get in the second round is KJ Hill. The dude has speed but his footwork and route running reminds me of Davante.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:27 pm

PFF's top 100.

Not the quick and speedy type but check out Denzel Mims.

Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#31 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:27 am

ReasonablySober wrote:PFF's top 100.

Not the quick and speedy type but check out Denzel Mims.

I like him too!

This draft has a lot of great options at WR.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#32 » by M-C-G » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Normally I would say no to a WR early in the draft. Rodgers just takes way too long to trust any of them, but this draft just has so many interesting pieces. You like Santana Moss type WR, it's got them. You like AJ Green type WR, it's got them. You like Amari Cooper type WR, it's got them.

My sense, says just sign AJ Green and Austin Hooper and draft all defense early and OL mid draft. But hitting on a game changing, field flipping WR would be awesome.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Post#33 » by Daver » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:52 pm

M-C-G wrote:Normally I would say no to a WR early in the draft. Rodgers just takes way too long to trust any of them, but this draft just has so many interesting pieces. You like Santana Moss type WR, it's got them. You like AJ Green type WR, it's got them. You like Amari Cooper type WR, it's got them.

My sense, says just sign AJ Green and Austin Hooper and draft all defense early and OL mid draft. But hitting on a game changing, field flipping WR would be awesome.

Absolutely agree rogers window is now i want no part of a rookie wr unlike seattle and how well metcalf looked wilson throws to his rookie receivers rogers doesnt wont so im all in on green cooper samuels a vet 2nd fiddle and hooper then spend draft bringing in end to play along clark and quality ILB
Wouldnt mind kicking tires on danny leviathon(sp)hes a good ILB
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#34 » by M-C-G » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Daver wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Normally I would say no to a WR early in the draft. Rodgers just takes way too long to trust any of them, but this draft just has so many interesting pieces. You like Santana Moss type WR, it's got them. You like AJ Green type WR, it's got them. You like Amari Cooper type WR, it's got them.

Absolutely agree rogers window is now i want no part of a rookie wr unlike seattle and how well metcalf looked wilson throws to his rookie receivers rogers doesnt wont so im all in on green cooper samuels a vet 2nd fiddle and hooper then spend draft bringing in end to play along clark and quality ILB
Wouldnt mind kicking tires on danny leviathon(sp)hes a good ILB

I think someone earlier mentioned Littleton from the Rams is a FA. I like that idea, they have a lot of guys to pay in LA, not sure they can keep everyone.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#35 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Got bored so did another mock draft simulator.

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#36 » by msiris » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Matches Malone wrote:

30. Green Bay Packers

I like it as well. I think I'd put Laviska and Raegor slightly ahead but I'm all for a speedy receiver. Need someone who can just take the ball and fly down the field.

Another guy I like that they could probably get in the second round is Moon Angell.. The dude has speed but his footwork and route running reminds me of Davante.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Does KJ Hill remind you of Michael Thomas?
Ride the tank
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#37 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Dammit. Kiper got me hooked on Hamler. They’ve needed someone like him for years though. A speedy yac guy to play the slot. Like a fast Randall Cobb.

Normally I’d hate to write a certain need in ink for their round one pick but they almost have to go wide receiver. As deep as this class is, there’s likely to be a huge receiver run from the late 1st into the mid second. You miss losing out on some serious talent by waiting
Do it for Chuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:39 pm

msiris wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Another guy I like that they could probably get in the second round is Moon Angell.. The dude has speed but his footwork and route running reminds me of Davante.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Does KJ Hill remind you of Michael Thomas?

Looks like Stefon Diggs to me.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,071

Post#39 » by Wisky4life » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:27 pm

1st for Reagar
2nd for Queen

Seen this mocked a couple of times. I would be down.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#40 » by RiotPunch » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:52 am

Queen is climbing quickly, I doubt he'll be there for us in the 1st, let alone in the 2nd.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Green Bay Packers