|    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,687

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#162 » by TroyD92 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:41 pm

Feel like Cephus is going to have a good nfl career.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#163 » by sdn40 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:29 am

Is Cephus Boldin or Allison ?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,374

Post#164 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:57 pm

sdn40 wrote:Is Cephus Boldin or Allison ?

Wow, that is a great question. I haven't had as much time to watch college football the last couple of years, but I got the sense Cephus was an NFL caliber talent. I also didn't think he was as slow as he timed.

I guess he is Allison until he proves otherwise though and I think he has a chance to be a good value. But from a draft point of view, is his stock higher than a guy like EQ St. Brown was? I don't think so.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#165 » by sdn40 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Wow, that is a great question. I haven't had as much time to watch college football the last couple of years, but I got the sense Cephus was an NFL caliber talent. I also didn't think he was as slow as he timed.

I guess he is Allison until he proves otherwise though and I think he has a chance to be a good value. But from a draft point of view, is his stock higher than a guy like EQ St. Brown was? I don't think so.

Just threw it out there before people got too hyped. Wr's are hard to evaluate. I do know that if you look back at Packer draft picks, they go after guys with lots of catches at the college level.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,577

Post#166 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:37 am

k'lavon chaisson looks like this year’s Marcus Davenport
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#167 » by M-C-G » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Is this guy maybe the next Deebo Samuels?

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#168 » by Treebeard » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:27 am

With the Niners having #13 & #31, any virtue in using some of the extra later round picks to trade up for #31? They're in need of more picks, so they may well be looking to move one of the firsts

Yeah, yeah, I know the conventional wisdom is to trade back for more picks, but how likely are three-6th round picks and two-7th round picks to either be useful, or to make the roster? If not #31, then another 2nd or 3rd rounder?
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#169 » by Treebeard » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:55 pm

I realize mock drafts are out there more for entertainment than predictive analysis (especially when they change three times per week). But won't all of these QB moves and some of the other big moves mostly make the mocks-to-date completely moot? Some had 5-6 QB's going in the first round, with 4 in the top ten spots.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,059

Post#170 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:06 am

Treebeard wrote:I realize mock drafts are out there more for entertainment than predictive analysis (especially when they change three times per week). But won't all of these QB moves and some of the other big moves mostly make the mocks-to-date completely moot? Some had 5-6 QB's going in the first round, with 4 in the top ten spots.

I can see teams that took flyers on older QBs still going with them in the 1st to go the mentor route. Like the Colts with Rivers, Bucs with Brady. Brees in New Orleans.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#171 » by Treebeard » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Treebeard wrote:I realize mock drafts are out there more for entertainment than predictive analysis (especially when they change three times per week). But won't all of these QB moves and some of the other big moves mostly make the mocks-to-date completely moot? Some had 5-6 QB's going in the first round, with 4 in the top ten spots.

I can see teams that took flyers on older QBs still going with them in the 1st to go the mentor route. Like the Colts with Rivers, Bucs with Brady. Brees in New Orleans.

You could well be right. It should up the ante on trade speculation up into the night of the first round at any rate. :D
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,994

Post#172 » by Daver » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:29 am

So murray n queen are sitting there at pick 23 seeing the LB on this team flat out sucks dog crap would you trade up to nab one of them or stay at 30 n grab a rookie wr that rogers wont throw to anyway
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,577

Post#173 » by Profound23 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:24 am

Daver wrote:So murray n queen are sitting there at pick 23 seeing the LB on this team flat out sucks dog crap would you trade up to nab one of them or stay at 30 n grab a rookie wr that rogers wont throw to anyway

If both are there at 23, more than likely one falls to 30. If you only like one of them, then trade up.

However a rookie ILB might get even less burn than a rookie wr, so that's not persuading me either way.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,994

Post#174 » by Daver » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:35 am

Profound23 wrote:
Daver wrote:So murray n queen are sitting there at pick 23 seeing the LB on this team flat out sucks dog crap would you trade up to nab one of them or stay at 30 n grab a rookie wr that rogers wont throw to anyway

If both are there at 23, more than likely one falls to 30. If you only like one of them, then trade up.

However a rookie ILB might get even less burn than a rookie wr, so that's not persuading me either way.

With the talent or lack there of at ILB i have a hard time believing that a rookie LB would have a hard time gettin burn with this group we have wouldnt say much for queen or murray if they couldnt see the field
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,192

Post#175 » by skones » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:36 am

sdn40 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Just threw it out there before people got too hyped. Wr's are hard to evaluate. I do know that if you look back at Packer draft picks, they go after guys with lots of catches at the college level.

There's a pretty big gap between Allison and Boldin. For starters they're not even similar players. Allison did almost all of his damage in college running verticals along the sideline and he's not consistently fast enough to win those routes in the NFL. Cephus did his with a lot more variation as a route runner and is shorter and stronger to boot. He can win a bit outside, he can win in the middle, he's physical, he goes and gets the ball. I'd be shocked if Cephus didn't end up a pretty productive NFL receiver. He's pretty comfortably the best wideout prospect the Badgers have produced since Evans IMO.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#176 » by M-C-G » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:11 pm

skones wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

There's a pretty big gap between Allison and Boldin. For starters they're not even similar players. Allison did almost all of his damage in college running verticals along the sideline and he's not consistently fast enough to win those routes in the NFL. Cephus did his with a lot more variation as a route runner and is shorter and stronger to boot. He can win a bit outside, he can win in the middle, he's physical, he goes and gets the ball. I'd be shocked if Cephus didn't end up a pretty productive NFL receiver. He's pretty comfortably the best wideout prospect the Badgers have produced since Evans IMO.

You are being too literal. We are using those comps because of the poor 40 times for discussion purposes. With that said, Antonio Gibson reminds me a lot of young Anquan Boldin once he has the ball in his hands. This draft has so many exciting WR of all types, could not have come at a better time.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,192

Post#177 » by skones » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm

M-C-G wrote:
skones wrote:
sdn40 wrote:

You are being too literal. We are using those comps because of the poor 40 times for discussion purposes. With that said, Antonio Gibson reminds me a lot of young Anquan Boldin once he has the ball in his hands. This draft has so many exciting WR of all types, could not have come at a better time.

Sure, but Boldin wasn't a deep threat like Allison was. He did a lot of his work underneath, across the middle, out of breaks. So asking the question whether Cephus is A or B doesn't make a lot of sense. Speed matters a great deal more to the guy running fly routes than the guy who gets his separation from running good routes all over. One guy needed to be fast, the other had technique.

It'd make more sense if Boldin WAS a deep threat with that poor 40 time. All I was getting at.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#178 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:06 pm

What's the best website for scouting reports?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#179 » by M-C-G » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:What's the best website for scouting reports?

Pro Football Focus has a fantastic draft guide, cost money but between FF content and the draft guide, seems well worth it to me.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#180 » by M-C-G » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:52 pm

skones wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
skones wrote:

Sure, but Boldin wasn't a deep threat like Allison was. He did a lot of his work underneath, across the middle, out of breaks. So asking the question whether Cephus is A or B doesn't make a lot of sense. Speed matters a great deal more to the guy running fly routes than the guy who gets his separation from running good routes all over. One guy needed to be fast, the other had technique.

It'd make more sense if Boldin WAS a deep threat with that poor 40 time. All I was getting at.

Fair enough, you are just looking at it far deeper than I intended when answering. Thoughts about Antonio Gibson?

Return to Green Bay Packers