2020 Draft Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#241 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Yea, that's about as bad a draft as could fall for GB.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#242 » by Daver » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:32 pm

I believe theres no way in hell that happens where all those receivers are picked top 23 hell some of those guys are 2nd round talent my gut is either murray or jefferson/sims will ve there at 30 cause the vegas raiders will pick some dude no one has heard of and the dominos will then fall
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#243 » by Daver » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:34 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
Daver wrote:
Not that he will be but would you draft him in 2nd round if ges there n double dip with like mims and higgins

I’d rather double dip with a combo of Jefferson/Mims/Aiyuk and Reagor/Hamler. I honestly have little to no interest in Higgins at this point. And I forgot about Jefferson in my original post, he’s on the tier fully above Higgins too.

Would even go as far as to say I’d rather double dip with a speedster WR and Cole Kmet.

Maybe I’d feel differently about Higgins if we lacked what his strengths are but as far as some game breaker, he is not.

Adding Mims (4.39) and Hamler (low 4.3s I believe) would be insane. Then nab Albert Okwuegbunam (6-6 255, ran a 4.49)...my goodness, I am drooling just thinking about adding so much speed to the offense

The KC packers of green bay if they got those 3 maybe BG is drooling at that thought to
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#244 » by M-C-G » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 pm

Treebeard wrote:
M-C-G wrote:PFF Analytics Mock Draft

Here’s a recap of the methodology: We’re not trying to predict what will actually happen. Rather, these are the picks we would make if we were in charge of each team. We have two primary concerns when making each pick:

1. Positional value – Our goal isn’t to pick the eventual rookie of the year, it’s to win a Super Bowl. Saquon Barkley is awesome at his job, but his job doesn’t contribute to winning nearly as much as that of his quarterback. Players who impact the passing game have the most value, and that is reflected here.

2. Our college-to-pro projections – We take into account how each player grades in different situations in college and train algorithms to project performance into a set of NFL situations. We also take into account the prospect's athletic profile with respect to each facet of play. Here is a more in-depth look at these projections for stud playmaker Isaiah Simmons from Clemson, for example.

We also give consideration to team needs when there is a close call between two equally valuable picks. However, football is a war of attrition, so need is abundant for most teams. Prepare your trigger fingers. Let’s mock.

30. GREEN BAY PACKERS – JEDRICK WILLS OT BAMA
EE: With Bryan Bulaga gone to Los Angeles, the Packers go with a tackle in the first round of the draft, forgoing the option to trade up and get one of the blue-chip receivers that could probably help their offense more. Wills is a good prospect, with Trent Williams and Nate Solder as statistical comparisons for his first five years.

WR off the board;
Ruggs 4
Jeudy 6
Lamb 11
Reagor 13
Shenault 15
Jefferson 19
Mims 21
Higgins 22
Claypool 24

This would be fairly brutal to see this much WR talent go before us.

That would be brutal. I wouldn't like that outcome. Still, that would lead to other talent falling. LB's, OL, even one of the primo QB's.

It wouldn't ever happen, but iI'd love for Isaiah Simmons to drop to where the Packers could pick him

Both Queen and Kenneth Murray didn't go in the first round in that mock and only Burrough and Tua were drafted at QB spot. So could trade down.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#245 » by Daver » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:27 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

WR off the board;
Ruggs 4
Jeudy 6
Lamb 11
Reagor 13
Shenault 15
Jefferson 19
Mims 21
Higgins 22
Claypool 24

That would be brutal. I wouldn't like that outcome. Still, that would lead to other talent falling. LB's, OL, even one of the primo QB's.

It wouldn't ever happen, but iI'd love for Isaiah Simmons to drop to where the Packers could pick him

Both Queen and Kenneth Murray didn't go in the first round in that mock and only Burrough and Tua were drafted at QB spot. So could trade down.

Then im running to the podium n grabbing murray then doing what i can to trade up in round 2 for hamler
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#246 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:00 am

Daver wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

Then im running to the podium n grabbing murray then doing what i can to trade up in round 2 for hamler

Oh yea, good call. Murray would be awesome.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#247 » by M-C-G » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:15 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Daver wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Yeah I’d be on board with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#248 » by Daver » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:25 am

M-C-G wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Daver wrote:

Yeah I’d be on board with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quot

Though i would be beyond shocked if all those wrs went in the 1st round.Ive seen alot of mocks and not 1 had more than 4 saw one that had 5 but 99% of them had either higgins mims or jefferson as our pick and 1 had queen
Saw 1 that had jefferson n that LB from ohio state in 2nd round thats a A in my book to
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#249 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:30 am

I wouldn't be mad at Murray in that situation but I would be ecstatic with Love.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#250 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am

Treebeard wrote:

Here’s a recap of the methodology: We’re not trying to predict what will actually happen. Rather, these are the picks we would make if we were in charge of each team. We have two primary concerns when making each pick:

1. Positional value – Our goal isn’t to pick the eventual rookie of the year, it’s to win a Super Bowl. Saquon Barkley is awesome at his job, but his job doesn’t contribute to winning nearly as much as that of his quarterback. Players who impact the passing game have the most value, and that is reflected here.

2. Our college-to-pro projections – We take into account how each player grades in different situations in college and train algorithms to project performance into a set of NFL situations. We also take into account the prospect's athletic profile with respect to each facet of play. Here is a more in-depth look at these projections for stud playmaker Isaiah Simmons from Clemson, for example.

We also give consideration to team needs when there is a close call between two equally valuable picks. However, football is a war of attrition, so need is abundant for most teams. Prepare your trigger fingers. Let’s mock.

30. GREEN BAY PACKERS – JEDRICK WILLS OT BAMA
EE: With Bryan Bulaga gone to Los Angeles, the Packers go with a tackle in the first round of the draft, forgoing the option to trade up and get one of the blue-chip receivers that could probably help their offense more. Wills is a good prospect, with Trent Williams and Nate Solder as statistical comparisons for his first five years.

WR off the board;
Ruggs 4
Jeudy 6
Lamb 11
Reagor 13
Shenault 15
Jefferson 19
Mims 21
Higgins 22
Claypool 24

Wait...Love, Willis, Murray, and Queen are all sitting there? No way 9 wrs go before we pick and the best tackle, best two ILB, and imo one of the best QBs are still there. This is just crazy.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#251 » by M-C-G » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 am

Profound23 wrote:I wouldn't be mad at Murray in that situation but I would be ecstatic with Love.

Re: Murray, this guy seems definition of “packer people “. Seems like a great dude with huge upside, would love to land him if there is a wr run

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#252 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:32 am

Profound23 wrote:Wait...Love, Willis, Murray, and Queen are all sitting there? No way 9 wrs go before we pick and the best tackle, best two ILB, and imo one of the best QBs are still there. This is just crazy.

According to PFF the 7th best OT.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:32 am

And I think Love is interesting but let's not pretend he's not extremely boom or bust.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#254 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:37 am

ReasonablySober wrote:And I think Love is interesting but let's not pretend he's not extremely boom or bust.

Yeah he is....might be another Mahomes, might be another Kizer. I'm willing to take that chance at 30.

My wish list at this point is Love, Murray, Shenault in that order. So if we passed on Love for Murray I couldn't be mad at all.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#255 » by Frank Nova » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:45 am

M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:I wouldn't be mad at Murray in that situation but I would be ecstatic with Love.

Re: Murray, this guy seems definition of “packer people “. Seems like a great dude with huge upside, would love to land him if there is a wr run

Murray is probably a pipe dream as is Queen but only in the sense I wouldn’t hold my breathe thinking we would actually take either in the 1st round. Nothing since Nick Barnett (late 1st ILB) has led me to believe we would do that. Having said that, Murray would be ideal for our team and culture. My original ideal draft was Murray and Aiyuk in rd1 and 2, I’ll still stick by that and add Reagor or Hamler would equally suffice in rd2 in that scenario.

Love Murray he’s a flat out monster. Sideline to sideline speed, tenacious run stuffer, hard hitter, plays with passion, athletic in coverage. He’s a prime time prospect. I kinda like him to Ryan Shazier.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#256 » by Daver » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:48 am

Frank Nova wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Murray is probably a pipe dream as is Queen but only in the sense I wouldn’t hold my breathe thinking we would actually take either in the 1st round. Nothing since Nick Barnett (late 1st ILB) has led me to believe we would do that. Having said that, Murray would be ideal for our team and culture. My original ideal draft was Murray and Aiyuk in rd1 and 2, I’ll still stick by that and add Reagor or Hamler would equally suffice in rd2 in that scenario.

Love Murray he’s a flat out monster. Sideline to sideline speed, tenacious run stuffer, hard hitter, plays with passion, athletic in coverage. He’s a prime time prospect. I kinda like him to Ryan Shazier.

In your opinion does murray bring more to the table than queen by reading lots or reports seems like queen is the better player.....what say you
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#257 » by Daver » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:55 am

Also heard alot of good stuff about that LB from ohio state could be there for GB at 60
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#258 » by M-C-G » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm

Daver wrote:Also heard alot of good stuff about that LB from ohio state could be there for GB at 60

Looking at the pff write up, seems like a two down LB, good against the run and not much in coverage. That's almost a non starter in modern NFL. If I am okay with that, I'd wait another round or two and take Logan Wilson. More value there.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#259 » by Daver » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:37 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Daver wrote:Also heard alot of good stuff about that LB from ohio state could be there for GB at 60

Looking at the pff write up, seems like a two down LB, good against the run and not much in coverage. That's almost a non starter in modern NFL. If I am okay with that, I'd wait another round or two and take Logan Wilson. More value there.

Thanks for that much different than what i read but if thats his game absolutely pass on him
Perfect draft would be wr ilb DT OT TE then fill out depth
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#260 » by M-C-G » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:54 pm

Daver wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Thanks for that much different than what i read but if thats his game absolutely pass on him
Perfect draft would be wr ilb DT OT TE then fill out depth

Perfect draft would be something like
Mims/Reagor
OT
Albert O
Logan Wilson
Akers/Dillon/Antonio Gibson

What would be extra perfect is to move down slightly with our first pick and try to land another third round pick. There is enough WR depth to still get a playmaker in the top of the second

Return to Green Bay Packers