ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,976

Re: ATL Offseason - Boyle to the Lions 

Post#1941 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:02 am

MoMM wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:So the Watson story still continues to get more strange. His people have now pointed to 18 other massage therapists that had no issue with him as a defense and all I can think is "wtf are you doing with having 39 different massage therapists if nothing **** up is going on?"

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
I hadn't thought about that but yeah that seems like a red flag.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Are the 39 girls from the same city? Take into account that they travel a lot. I had 3 massage therapists in less than 1 year living in one city.

All but one of the accusers is from the Houston area.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1942 » by MoMM » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:22 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MoMM wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I hadn't thought about that but yeah that seems like a red flag.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Are the 39 girls from the same city? Take into account that they travel a lot. I had 3 massage therapists in less than 1 year living in one city.

Yeah, so I won't give him the benefit of doubt anymore.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1943 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:52 pm

MoMM wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MoMM wrote:Are the 39 girls from the same city? Take into account that they travel a lot. I had 3 massage therapists in less than 1 year living in one city.

Yeah, so I won't give him the benefit of doubt anymore.

Yeah, I gave that up about 20 something accusers ago. Because at that point it had to either be a diabolical extortion attempt spearheaded by a series of massage therapists OR.... a super famous rich QB doesn't think rules apply to him and he can do whatever he wants.

I mean, I want it to not be true but.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#1944 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:46 pm

Texans have to be kicking themselves for not trading him immediately after he requested out. This whole ordeal has tanked Watson's value to the point where I'd be amazed if a team even trades for him now. Just another massive L for Houston sports organizations.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,460

Post#1945 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1946 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:42 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Texans have to be kicking themselves for not trading him immediately after he requested out. This whole ordeal has tanked Watson's value to the point where I'd be amazed if a team even trades for him now. Just another massive L for Houston sports organizations.

Alternative theory, the team knew about this and was kind of keeping it under the rug and when Watson said he wanted out they say 'sure, but that means you are on your own now...good luck with that'
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1947 » by RRyder823 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:00 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Texans have to be kicking themselves for not trading him immediately after he requested out. This whole ordeal has tanked Watson's value to the point where I'd be amazed if a team even trades for him now. Just another massive L for Houston sports organizations.

Alternative theory, the team knew about this and was kind of keeping it under the rug and when Watson said he wanted out they say 'sure, but that means you are on your own now...good luck with that'
I've thought the same thing but if that was the case they would've traded him before removing said protection...... Then again its hard to believe that the upper brass there didn't have any clue that all these women were out there..... Then again it is Houston management..... Then again.....

Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1948 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:04 pm

M-C-G wrote:

They'd be incredibly stupid if they chose to do that out of spite though. They were in line to get maybe the biggest haul of premium draft picks in NFL history had they dealt him before this all surfaced.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#1949 » by Treebeard » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:10 pm

IF the Houston brass did know of the bulk of this situation before any trade, and went ahead anyway; is there any legal or league liability there for concealing pertinent information? Or, is it all "Buyer Beware"?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1950 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:19 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

They'd be incredibly stupid if they chose to do that out of spite though. They were in line to get maybe the biggest haul of premium draft picks in NFL history had they dealt him before this all surfaced.

But they didn’t want to trade him. I don’t know man, I just think there is a lot more going on here. I doubt we will ever know the full truth but I find it very hard to believe the team didn’t know, I find it very fishy this surfaces right when he demands a trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1951 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:25 pm

Dude might end up with a lengthy suspension in addition to one of the biggest PR scandals in NFL history. Like, "he might be too toxic to even have on your roster" kind of scandal. So yeah, they're 100% idiots (Houston) if they indeed knew about all of this and were just cool with letting it happen, as opposed to the alternative of getting 3+ 1st round picks and letting some other franchise deal with the fallout.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,493

Post#1952 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:37 pm

This is the same organization that had to know Will Fuller just tested positive for steroids and would be suspended for the rest of his contract.

Packers offered a 3rd...Texans demanded a 2nd. How dumb do you have to be? You know he is going to be suspended and probably leave for nothing.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#1953 » by LikeABosh » Fri Apr 2, 2021 8:44 pm

Has there been a bigger collective clown of a sports city the last few years? Astros cheating, Rockets trading Harden away for trash, Texans pretending Watson wants to stay, etc. Just terrible
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1954 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:24 pm

Read on Twitter
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#1955 » by RRyder823 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:36 am

Profound23 wrote:This is the same organization that had to know Will Fuller just tested positive for steroids and would be suspended for the rest of his contract.

Packers offered a 3rd...Texans demanded a 2nd. How dumb do you have to be? You know he is going to be suspended and probably leave for nothing.
So much this

RRyder823
General Manager

Post#1956 » by RRyder823 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:39 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Dude might end up with a lengthy suspension in addition to one of the biggest PR scandals in NFL history. Like, "he might be too toxic to even have on your roster" kind of scandal. So yeah, they're 100% idiots (Houston) if they indeed knew about all of this and were just cool with letting it happen, as opposed to the alternative of getting 3+ 1st round picks and letting some other franchise deal with the fallout.

Honestly I'm a lil surprised he hasn't been suspended indefinitely until the cases are resolved at this point.

They've allready set the standard that a conviction isn't needed so why not just suspended him and say "depending on how this works out we'll then decide if/when he can be reinstated:

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1957 » by M-C-G » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:00 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Dude might end up with a lengthy suspension in addition to one of the biggest PR scandals in NFL history. Like, "he might be too toxic to even have on your roster" kind of scandal. So yeah, they're 100% idiots (Houston) if they indeed knew about all of this and were just cool with letting it happen, as opposed to the alternative of getting 3+ 1st round picks and letting some other franchise deal with the fallout.

Honestly I'm a lil surprised he hasn't been suspended indefinitely until the cases are resolved at this point.

They've allready set the standard that a conviction isn't needed so why not just suspended him and say "depending on how this works out we'll then decide if/when he can be reinstated:

Antonio Brown just played in the Super Bowl, still has multiple suits out there against him. Got caught intimidating the accuser and threatening her, like she has the texts and can show everyone. Reality is the NFL only cares, sometimes.
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#1958 » by RRyder823 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:29 pm

M-C-G wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

Antonio Brown just played in the Super Bowl, still has multiple suits out there against him. Got caught intimidating the accuser and threatening her, like she has the texts and can show everyone. Reality is the NFL only cares, sometimes.
But yet he still received an 8 game suspension. (and I mean it did effectively make him miss an entire year because of it)

Watson isn't playing for at least 12 weeks this year and I just find it a lil suprising the NFL hasn't just said as much yet

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#1959 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:58 pm

It's only April, theres no need to rush a suspension. He'll definitely get one regardless of conviction (s) but I think they're letting it play out for awhile.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1960 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wow.

Return to Green Bay Packers