Post#1961 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Ha!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: ATL Offseason - Boyle to the Lions 

Post#1962 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:36 pm

Darnold seems talented so decent gamble by the Panthers and they didn't have to give up a 1st. But on the flip side there's not too big of a track record of highly drafted QBs who flame out and then suddenly become great on their second team.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#1963 » by Treebeard » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:14 pm

So, is this a "win now" move by Carolina, or aren't they wild about the potential QB options at #8, or door number three?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1964 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:16 pm

If I were the Jets I would have traded down for a load of picks, and try to land OL help and one of the top WRs. I still think Darnold can be a good QB, he just needs help.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#1965 » by sdn40 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:39 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:If I were the Jets I would have traded down for a load of picks, and try to land OL help and one of the top WRs. I still think Darnold can be a good QB, he just needs help.

Nope. Darnold is in the last year of his rookie deal. New Head Coach, new system and a new QB to start the clock on the new regime.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,225

Post#1966 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:44 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Darnold seems talented so decent gamble by the Panthers and they didn't have to give up a 1st. But on the flip side there's not too big of a track record of highly drafted QBs who flame out and then suddenly become great on their second team.

I mean Darnold is only 23 and he played for a complete dumpster fire of an organization his entire career. Not saying he'll be a star but a dramatic improvement wouldn't surprise me because Gase is that bad

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1967 » by M-C-G » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:26 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Darnold seems talented so decent gamble by the Panthers and they didn't have to give up a 1st. But on the flip side there's not too big of a track record of highly drafted QBs who flame out and then suddenly become great on their second team.

I mean Darnold is only 23 and he played for a complete dumpster fire of an organization his entire career. Not saying he'll be a star but a dramatic improvement wouldn't surprise me because Gase is that bad

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Not sure what I think about Darnold. But with the success of Tannehill, a lot of guys (like Mariota and I thought Trubisky) are going to second looks, long second looks before the door closes on them. And the street will be littered with Josh Rosens, Haskins, Drew Locks, Jameis Winstons along the way.

Return to Green Bay Packers