ImageImage

ATL Offseason - Boyle to the Lions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,152

Re: ATL Regular Season 

Post#461 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:53 pm

The fact that one Super Bowl bought Fat Mac a Get Out of Jail Free card for a decade was and always will be an egregious error by the Packers brass. Watching him ride Aaron Rodgers' coattails to a second premium gig and subsequently stumbling over his feet in Dallas has been a pleasure.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#462 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:43 pm

They'll work on pad level all week and get everything fixed.
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,795

Post#463 » by BJ Sandered » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:16 am

Big Mac gonna need a lot more massages to relieve all the stress now.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#464 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:40 pm

Speaking with the media Wednesday afternoon, Fitzpatrick revealed that it was a tough pill to swallow.

"I felt like it was my team and that's why my heart was so heavy yesterday,” he said. “My heart just hurt all day. It was heartbreaking for me."

"I have to separate my feelings and be a professional. "I want Tua to play well."

Fitzpatrick revealed what it’s been like since he was sent to the bench.

"I basically got fired yesterday and today my day consisted of zoom meetings with the guy that fired me and sitting in a room with the guy who replaced me for four hours,” he continued.

Oooof.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#465 » by RRyder823 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Speaking with the media Wednesday afternoon, Fitzpatrick revealed that it was a tough pill to swallow.

"I felt like it was my team and that's why my heart was so heavy yesterday,” he said. “My heart just hurt all day. It was heartbreaking for me."

"I have to separate my feelings and be a professional. "I want Tua to play well."

"I basically got fired yesterday and today my day consisted of zoom meetings with the guy that fired me and sitting in a room with the guy who replaced me for four hours,” he continued.

Oooof.
I get it..... Its also the reason why I understand if the vet QB doesn't want to go out of his way to mentor the young guy they brought it to replace him.

Just a **** situation to be in

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#466 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Oooof.

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#467 » by Mags FTW » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Don't know if they can get the numbers to work, but Dallas should try to get him.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#468 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Feel bad for anyone who still listens to 1250. :lol:

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,539

Post#469 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,597

Post#470 » by Profound23 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think it will be either Ravens or Seahawks
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#471 » by CWoodfan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:47 am

So the Chiefs, Bucs, Seahawks, and 49ers have all made moves to bolster their rosters within the last week to 10 days and the Seahawks and Ravens are supposedly in on Antonio Brown while the Pack is bringing in an inside linebacker who was on a practice squad and has been with 8 other teams since coming into the league as an undrafted free agent in 2016, is that accurate?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#472 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Oh boy, here come all the Packer fans pounding the "he won't be a locker room cancer on MY team" drum with AB. Amazing how people can continue to advocate for that absolute piece of **** human.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,152

Post#473 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Oh boy, here come all the Packer fans pounding the "he won't be a locker room cancer on MY team" drum with AB. Amazing how people can continue to advocate for that absolute piece of **** human.

Risk vs Reward

Risk: AB is his usual looney tunes self, does something extremely stupid, and you cut him. Who cares? Its not like you paid him a bunch of guaranteed money. If the response to this is "Oh no, how will the locker room ever recover?!?!?" I think you're underestimating the leadership in place.

Reward: AB is still a top-20 WR on the entire planet, proves to be a good-ish soldier, and helps takes the offense to another level

Pretty easy decision for me. Bring him in.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#474 » by PintSizedBox10 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:06 pm

Vikings traded Ngakoue.

Tank mode engaged

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,336

Post#475 » by crkone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:07 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:Vikings traded Ngakoue.

Tank mode engaged

Got back less too. :lol:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#476 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Brown is going to Seattle and nowhere else. He’s basically Russell Wilson’s roommate right now. I’m not concerned about him not joining Green Bay. I’m more concerned about his mental health and I doubt football is the best thing for him right now. If Belichick of all people punted on him he’s likely a lost cause for a football team.

Side note: I’m exhausted trying to explain how the salary cap and restructuring contracts work. We have 4 major UFA’s and Robert Tonyan as a RFA and Packer casuals keep screaming for Odell, Julio and JJ Watt. Unfortunately this isn’t PlayStation and we can’t turn the cap off. This is the like the new “Dirk was never a Buck and never was going to be.” You explain it to people and it just doesn’t compute.
Do it for Chuck
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#477 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:10 pm

crkone wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:Vikings traded Ngakoue.

Tank mode engaged

Got back less too.
Yeah they are basically dropping back about 50 spots for 6 games of him where they went 1-5. Love to see it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#478 » by Treebeard » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Barring a massive turnaround, is Zimmer gone at the end of the season?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#479 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:40 pm

FYI, I've read a couple things on Watt if/when the Texans decide to jettison him and it definitely could make financial sense (his dead cap hit wouldn't be that bad) for a team like the Packers, but yeah, casual fans love the name guys and always will. And at least a guy like Odell makes sense from an age/talent perspective, but the Antonio Brown thing is just tiresome at this point.

Dude is 32 and has played a grand total of 4 quarters of actual competitive football in the last 2 years, not even getting into the fact that he's just a massive scumbag and borderline psychopath who should be banished from the league forever. But sure, this time it'll be different, and there's such minimal risk, etc. etc....
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#480 » by CWoodfan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:50 pm

CWoodfan wrote:So the Chiefs, Bucs, Seahawks, and 49ers have all made moves to bolster their rosters within the last week to 10 days and the Seahawks and Ravens are supposedly in on Antonio Brown while the Pack is bringing in an inside linebacker who was on a practice squad and has been with 8 other teams since coming into the league as an undrafted free agent in 2016, is that accurate?

Time to update trade action with Ngokue going to the Ravens for 3rd and 5th and Dez signing with Baltimore's practice squad.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Green Bay Packers