ImageImage

ATL Offseason - Boyle to the Lions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Re: ATL Regular Season 

Post#501 » by Mags FTW » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 am

That Wentz contract just keeps looking worse.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#502 » by RRyder823 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:25 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:He's on the 3rd year of what could be a five year deal.
I like the kid but he isn't getting the 5th year option added on this offseason no matter who trades for him

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

They've got a year and a half before a decision has to be made. For example, last May the Browns had a decision to pick up Garrett's option, a 2017 draft pick. Williams was a 2019 pick.

My bad was going off you saying he was on the 3rd year of his deal without thinking.

I assume you meant going into his 3rd year next season

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,981

Post#503 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:13 pm

God the Eagles are terrible.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#504 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:45 pm

Am i the only one who doesnt think the daniel jones trip was that bad? A QB ran 80 yards trying to outpace NFL cornerbacks. He ran out of gas going full speed but overall the play was pretty athletic.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#505 » by Mags FTW » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:58 pm

If AB would sign a low risk contract that let's you cut him with minimal cap implications, I would give him a shot. Possible Andre Rison 2.0
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#506 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Mags FTW wrote:If AB would sign a low risk contract that let's you cut him with minimal cap implications, I would give him a shot. Possible Andre Rison 2.0
I get this line of thinking and I'm not totally opposed but teams probably have a better idea than us of his current mental state and if it's worth a gamble others will be interested and it's likely if Brown has other options he might choose those over living in GB, or it becomes a bidding war and you actually have to pay a premium for him to come there. Now if no other teams want the dude I then question the mental thing. So potentially a little catch 22 deal.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#507 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:24 pm

Reddeye wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Dez Bryant to Baltimore's practice squad. Another low risk, high reward type move the Packers should be considering.

Dez Bryant high reward?

Eh maybe not. But definitely low risk, and depending on what he has left, could improve the WR group. Low risk. Medium reward. :D

The point is we can't just sit on our hands. Go out and at least attempt to improve the team before the deadline.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#508 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:05 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Am i the only one who doesnt think the daniel jones trip was that bad? A QB ran 80 yards trying to outpace NFL cornerbacks. He ran out of gas going full speed but overall the play was pretty athletic.

I agree...I think he thought they were closing on him and tried to push his speed to 110% of max and lost his balance in doing so.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#509 » by Mags FTW » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:10 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:If AB would sign a low risk contract that let's you cut him with minimal cap implications, I would give him a shot. Possible Andre Rison 2.0
I get this line of thinking and I'm not totally opposed but teams probably have a better idea than us of his current mental state and if it's worth a gamble others will be interested and it's likely if Brown has other options he might choose those over living in GB

I think he would value playing time over his living situation. He would likely be the automatic #2 here. And it's not like you can go out and do much these days no matter where you live.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#510 » by Mags FTW » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Rumors that multiple Vikings are quietly asking for trades. Anthony Harris will be a FA that they probably won't be able to resign, and a contender would give a good pick for him. He might be gone.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#511 » by RRyder823 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
I get this line of thinking and I'm not totally opposed but teams probably have a better idea than us of his current mental state and if it's worth a gamble others will be interested and it's likely if Brown has other options he might choose those over living in GB

I think he would value playing time over his living situation. He would likely be the automatic #2 here.
And it's not like you can go out and do much these days no matter where you live.

Do people really think AB has enough self awareness to realize he's NOT going to be the automatic #1 wherever he goes?

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,237

Post#512 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:44 pm

I see the Vikings tanking for Trevor or another top QB and then replacing Zimmer with Bieniemy or another offensive minded coach.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#513 » by Treebeard » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:50 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I see the Vikings tanking for Trevor or another top QB and then replacing Zimmer with Bieniemy or another offensive minded coach.

Does Spielman get the hook too? He was once considered pretty sharp, but recent moves haven't looked very good
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#514 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:50 pm

Treebeard wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I see the Vikings tanking for Trevor or another top QB and then replacing Zimmer with Bieniemy or another offensive minded coach.

Does Spielman get the hook too? He was once considered pretty sharp, but recent moves haven't looked very good

Good question. Could be a clean sweep.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#515 » by Treebeard » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

Good question. Could be a clean sweep.

To your original thought - Bieniemy will get a good gig somewhere. With his resume', more than some candidates, Bieniemy will be more in the driver's seat on where he goes. A team that's got more quality personnel and a sharp GM would be more attractive I'd think. More so than some bottom feeder like the Jets, or Detroit. Jones won't put the hook to Mac after one sorry season, even if the team seems to be turning on him already.... would he? The Vikes have some talent, so maybe??
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#516 » by Mags FTW » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Zimmer and Spielman both signed extensions through 2023 this summer. I don't see their owner eating all that cash.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#517 » by Treebeard » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:50 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Zimmer and Spielman both signed extensions through 2023 this summer. I don't see their owner eating all that cash.

They've also got a fortune tied up with Cousins, no matter what they chose to do with him this year or next.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-reiterate-faith-in-kirk-cousins-does-minnesota-have-a-path-to-moving-on-from-the-quarterback/
But even if the Vikings wanted to consider moving on from Kirk, especially after a 2020 season that could shake up the whole leadership structure, is there a feasible path to doing that? Is it even possible they could get out of his deal?

Here's the short answer: Yes, but it'd be pretty tough.

The Vikings are already projected to be on the brink of the 2021 salary cap, which is set to be significantly reduced following 2020's pandemic-influenced profits, so there's no conceivable way they could outright release Cousins following this season. (That would incur a massive $41 million cap hit, plus increase the Vikings' 2021 deficit by $10 million, per Over The Cap. Not happening.) Cutting or trading Cousins the following year, after the 2021 season, would be an easier pill to swallow -- a $10 million cap hit but a big savings of $35 million.

If another year and a half of Cousins sounds too unbearable to whoever is ultimately controlling the Vikings' roster, there's also at least a glimmer of light for a possible trade before the 2021 season. Trading Cousins before June 1 would incur a sizable $20 million hit, but it would also save the team $11 million. That would still require some serious cap maneuvering and, likely, some additional cuts or trades to clear cash (Kyle Rudolph? Riley Reiff? Adam Thielen? Anthony Barr?), but it's not necessarily impossible.

Even better: If the Vikings were to trade Cousins after June 1, 2021, they'd still take a $10 million cap hit but ultimately save a total of $21 million.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,981

Post#518 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:51 pm

I think it's hilarious that all week it's been Seahawks, and Russ coming out in his defense, and the discussions going on with the team. And then in the span of a couple hours he's signing with the Bucs. I love it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#519 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:01 am

Read on Twitter
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,661

Post#520 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:47 am

Return to Green Bay Packers