ImageImage

2021 Draft and Offseason - Rodgers Wants Out of GB?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Re: 2021 Draft and Offseason - Rodgers Wants Out of GB? 

Post#1981 » by Wooderson » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:02 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Imagine posting this and thinking they aren't similar at all

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

Come-on, we really rehashing this again? Favre went back and forth several times on retirement, with Rodgers on the roster. Favre retired, he was gone and Rodgers preparing to take over during a whole offseason going into his 4th year. They went back in forth in the media that off-season where it was ugly, then Favre just shows up to camp in August. He was yanking the Packers around, he was yanking Rodgers around.

If Rodgers is demanding out, it's still 10000x better than what Favre pulled. He'd at least be clear in his decision, months out from the season and it would actually open up Love to play (the exact opposite of the crap Favre pulled)!

They aren't remotely similar.
You seem to think that if it's not beat for beat the same then similarities and parallels can't be drawn. This is false

What Rodgers is doing so far is like a 2 to Favre's 10. Sure they're comparable, just like putting fake spiders on someone's desk is comparable to putting peanut butter in your nut-allergic friends sandwich on the prank scale.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,778

Post#1982 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:03 pm

This news really takes the shine off the draft for me. Guess I'll watch through the Niners pick just to see if anything happens there.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1983 » by DrWood » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:04 pm

rilamann wrote:Rodgers is coming off an MVP season so you could get a ton for him. But Rodgers is also at that age where he might be washed up in another year or two. This would be the perfect time to trade. I'd almost consider the Packers dumb not to trade him right now.

If they get value for him (which is the same for every player, ever). A single high first round pick isn't value.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,072

Post#1984 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:04 pm

Wooderson wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Come-on, we really rehashing this again? Favre went back and forth several times on retirement, with Rodgers on the roster. Favre retired, he was gone and Rodgers preparing to take over during a whole offseason going into his 4th year. They went back in forth in the media that off-season where it was ugly, then Favre just shows up to camp in August. He was yanking the Packers around, he was yanking Rodgers around.

If Rodgers is demanding out, it's still 10000x better than what Favre pulled. He'd at least be clear in his decision, months out from the season and it would actually open up Love to play (the exact opposite of the crap Favre pulled)!

You seem to think that if it's not beat for beat the same then similarities and parallels can't be drawn. This is false

What Rodgers is doing so far is like a 2 to Favre's 10. Sure they're comparable, just like putting fake spiders on someone's desk is comparable to putting peanut butter in your nut-allergic friends sandwich on the prank scale.

It really is incredible how bad this take is.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,679

Post#1985 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:05 pm

**** all of these dumbass ESPN talking heads. Truly.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#1986 » by RRyder823 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:09 pm

Wooderson wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Come-on, we really rehashing this again? Favre went back and forth several times on retirement, with Rodgers on the roster. Favre retired, he was gone and Rodgers preparing to take over during a whole offseason going into his 4th year. They went back in forth in the media that off-season where it was ugly, then Favre just shows up to camp in August. He was yanking the Packers around, he was yanking Rodgers around.

Hold up... You think his camp leaking this hours before the draft is a 2?.......... A 2?

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,680

Post#1987 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1988 » by DrWood » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:11 pm

rilamann wrote:
DrWood wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Rodgers was probably highly motivated to have a great season in 2020 because of the Jordan Love situation. Whether he plays for us or someone else, I would bet heavily against Rodgers having another MVP level season in 2021. Rodgers' value will never be higher than it is right now.

I don't think Rodgers will be washed up this season but it kinda reminds of Favre. Favre, in 2009 had one of the best seasons of his career, because he was highly motivated to stick it to the Packers as a Viking. Then in 2010 when Favre no longer had that motivation, he looked like a 3rd stringer.

or Father Time just caught up with him.

That's possible. But it was odd to me that Favre went from finishing 2nd in MVP (actually should won it over Peyton IMO) in 2009. To looking completely washed up one year later in 2010. Father time usually doesn't move that dramatically over the course of one year. I think he played 2009 on a lot of motivation.

I think a fluky (positive) year in 2009 (he had the lowest INT% BY FAR of his career) followed by a fluky (negative) year with some injuries explains most of it. Any "dedication" probably had more to do with being in shape than performance, per se.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Post#1989 » by El Duderino » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 pm

rilamann wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:A-Rod is awesome. But two years ago he looked absolutely washed. Very tempting to cash out if there is an overpay offer on the table.

Rodgers was probably highly motivated to have a great season in 2020 because of the Jordan Love situation. Whether he plays for us or someone else, I would bet heavily against Rodgers having another MVP level season in 2021. Rodgers' value will never be higher than it is right now.

I don't think Rodgers will be washed up this season but it kinda reminds of Favre. Favre, in 2009 had one of the best seasons of his career, because he was highly motivated to stick it to the Packers as a Viking. Then in 2010 when Favre no longer had that motivation, he looked like a 3rd stringer.

I don't buy that it was no longer having that motivation which caused Favre to regress in 2010. I think it was simply age and all of the hits on his body finally caught up with him. Father time eventually wins over every athlete.

As for Rodgers, we play in an entirely new time for NFL quarterbacks compared to when Favre played. Favre regularly got battered, while quarterbacks today are so vastly more protected, which should allow Aaron to remain good longer. He still has the arm and is a much smarter QB than Favre was when it comes to lessening turnovers.

That said, for the right offer, i'd move on if he wants out.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,051

Post#1990 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:You seem to think that if it's not beat for beat the same then similarities and parallels can't be drawn. This is false

Hold up... You think his camp leaking this hours before the draft is a 2?.......... A 2?

By comparison to Favre playing the will-he-or-wont-he game with retiring for offseason after offseason and then retiring and trying to come back and then demanding a trade to the Vikings and then eventually making his way there after a pit stop in New York? Yeah, this is a 2.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#1991 » by awd4cy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:14 pm

I think not enough credit is given to Mike McCarthy for Rodgers poor performances in 2017 and 2018.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#1992 » by skones » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:What Rodgers is doing so far is like a 2 to Favre's 10. Sure they're comparable, just like putting fake spiders on someone's desk is comparable to putting peanut butter in your nut-allergic friends sandwich on the prank scale.

By comparison to Favre playing the will-he-or-wont-he game with retiring for offseason after offseason and then retiring and trying to come back and then demanding a trade to the Vikings and then eventually making his way there after a pit stop in New York? Yeah, this is a 2.

I don't know why people are up in arms about this being leaked before the draft as if that makes the situation worse. It's a power grab. If Rodgers wants out, he realizes that no trade package is going to materialize that the Packers would accept once the draft has come and gone. He's stuck in GB for another year.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#1993 » by RRyder823 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:What Rodgers is doing so far is like a 2 to Favre's 10. Sure they're comparable, just like putting fake spiders on someone's desk is comparable to putting peanut butter in your nut-allergic friends sandwich on the prank scale.

So youre adding in Favres time with the Vikings to make some kind of point?

This is actively worse then Favres ending in GB. You can disagree with that if you want but it sure as hell isn't a "2" in comparison

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1994 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, I don't buy that **** from Wingo. Why would the Packers just agree to do that without knowing what was being offered and what their cap situation was going to be?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1995 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:23 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Hold up... You think his camp leaking this hours before the draft is a 2?.......... A 2?

So youre adding in Favres time with the Vikings to make some kind of point?

No, I'm mentioning it because it is a relevant fact. He demanded a trade to Minnesota and then found his way there the following year. He also allegedly tried to leak our playbook to the Lions.

This is actively worse then Favres ending in GB.

Nah, it isn't. Not even close, IMO.

The only thing you could argue that makes this worse is the timing of leaking it before the draft to try to put the screws to the team on a 49ers package. However, Favre tried to force his way back in and was a cloud over the team just as Aaron was stepping into his shoes. He turned training camp into a circus and had idiot fans booing Aaron as he tried to take the reigns.

Favre's situation is way worse, IMO.

Return to Green Bay Packers