Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,455

Re: @Bucs Leadup 

Post#41 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Line opens Pack -2
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#42 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Line opens Pack -2
O/U 52..... I'm thinking its time to parlay

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#43 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:51 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Reddeye wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Looking at that chart it's clear how important good oline play is, need to keep Bak and maybe Linsley too even if it means cutting some dudes on D.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

I agree with this. Keep the line together as much as possible. This has become an offense first league. Hope the defense can come up with a play or two in the game. I believe next years draft is also loaded at wr.
Yeah I'm coming around to the point where I just don't care much about D. Keep Smith and you'll have to pay Alexander but for the most part just roll with dudes on rookie or cheap deals and hope to be just good enough on D.

**** look at the NFC, is there even 1 dominant D in the whole conference right now?

I'd say the Bears have a good defense, but they're definitely not as dominant as they were two years ago. Definitely not in the same mold as them, or what the Niners were last year. Everyone else pretty much has an average to bad defense out of the contenders in the NFC.

With all we heard in camp about EQ and Martin, I'm really hoping that they can at least be solid when they're on the field. Especially Martin -- if he can basically be what Kirksey looked like he was going to be before he got hurt, I think that would help the defense out quite a bit.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#44 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Small sample but I'm already leaning towards Barnes being legit. If Ty Summers can at least be serviceable, then I'm really not that concerned about the ILB corps. Any improvement in the run defense is gonna come from having a healthy Kenny Clark. He makes everyone's job easier when he's out there.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#45 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Was there any word on what the knee injury was all about with ESB? Was it that same knee he hurt last year flaring up or a completely different injury? I don't think I saw anything about other than he was headed to IR.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#46 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Small sample but I'm already leaning towards Barnes being legit. If Ty Summers can at least be serviceable, then I'm really not that concerned about the ILB corps. Any improvement in the run defense is gonna come from having a healthy Kenny Clark. He makes everyone's job easier when he's out there.
Barnes making PFF quarter season all rookie team. What an unexpected find he's been. I like that he seems to be at least decent at both the run and pass.

https://packerswire-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/08/packers-lb-krys-barnes-named-to-pffs-quarter-season-all-rookie-team/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQCrABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16026097248618&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fpackerswire.usatoday.com%2F2020%2F10%2F08%2Fpackers-lb-krys-barnes-named-to-pffs-quarter-season-all-rookie-team%2F

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#47 » by crkone » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:52 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Was there any word on what the knee injury was all about with ESB? Was it that same knee he hurt last year flaring up or a completely different injury? I don't think I saw anything about other than he was headed to IR.

I think he hurt his ankle last year.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#48 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:13 pm

crkone wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Was there any word on what the knee injury was all about with ESB? Was it that same knee he hurt last year flaring up or a completely different injury? I don't think I saw anything about other than he was headed to IR.

I think he hurt his ankle last year.
Ha yeah I just looked that up and you're right it was his ankle last year. Hopefully he's good to go because the dude has some nice size speed combo they could use.

raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#49 » by raysbookclub » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:32 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Small sample but I'm already leaning towards Barnes being legit. If Ty Summers can at least be serviceable, then I'm really not that concerned about the ILB corps. Any improvement in the run defense is gonna come from having a healthy Kenny Clark. He makes everyone's job easier when he's out there.

Yes, me too about Barnes. If the camp reports on Martin bear out, those two plus Kirksey are a pretty good ILB group going forward, one of the best groups at that position since we've been running a 3-4. Hawk-Bishop was good for the SB year, and Hawk-Clay for half a season was probably the best. Clay would have been elite there if he had stayed at that position.
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#50 » by RRyder823 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:27 am

books wrote:

Yes, me too about Barnes. If the camp reports on Martin bear out, those two plus Kirksey are a pretty good ILB group going forward, one of the best groups at that position since we've been running a 3-4. Hawk-Bishop was good for the SB year, and Hawk-Clay for half a season was probably the best. Clay would have been elite there if he had stayed at that position.

People still think Clay was good at ILB? Or even average? Sure he was better then street FAs that couldn't make practice squads but thats about it.

But yes ILB looks like its in a good place. Hopefully it keeps trending upward

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#51 » by neiLz » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Good to see some young guys perform especially at MLB. with cap decreasing, pack going to need all the young talent to contribute.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#52 » by Mags FTW » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Tonyan the 2nd highest-priced TE in DFS this weekend.

What a time to be alive.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#53 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter

raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#54 » by raysbookclub » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:22 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
books wrote:

People still think Clay was good at ILB? Or even average? Sure he was better then street FAs that couldn't make practice squads but thats about it.

Moving Clay to ILB mid-season made that Packers D their best D of this decade. Clay was excellent, even new to the position.

And in the NFCC, Packers D went to crap after he went out (concussion?) in the 4th Q.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#55 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:34 pm

Speaking of Clay, continue to be surprised he's not on someone's roster. Must be asking for too much money.
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#56 » by RRyder823 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:33 am

books wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
books wrote:

Moving Clay to ILB mid-season made that Packers D their best D of this decade. Clay was excellent, even new to the position.

And in the NFCC, Packers D went to crap after he went out (concussion?) in the 4th Q.

Just because Clay was better then the trash they were playing at ILB doesn't mean he was average or good much less excellent. An excellent ILB doesn't go games without recording a tackle.

(also by the time the playoffs rolled around he wasn't really playing ILB anymore)

VegasKuehl
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#57 » by VegasKuehl » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 am

Mags FTW wrote:Tonyan the 2nd highest-priced TE in DFS this weekend.

What a time to be alive.

He's more expensive than one of Kelce/Kittle?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#58 » by Mags FTW » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:51 am

VegasKuehl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Tonyan the 2nd highest-priced TE in DFS this weekend.

What a time to be alive.

He's more expensive than one of Kelce/Kittle?

Their games aren't on the "Main Slate", which is always the Sunday Noon and late afternoon games.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,455

Post#59 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#60 » by Treebeard » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Luke warm take..... Both Amos and Alexander get a pick against Brady.

Return to Green Bay Packers