ImageImage

Packers News, Trades, Transactions - Keke Released

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Re: Packers News, Trades, Transactions 

Post#321 » by Daver » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:08 am

Iheartfootball wrote:JFC I need to temper my enthusiasm. With all these guys returning all I'm thinking is Superbowl number 5. I'm giddy like an 8-year-old.

I hear ya but im still nervous not so much with the team but i fear MLF will again have a huge brain fart in his play calling like he has done alot this year.Hope not
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: Packers News, Trades, Transactions - Mercilus Returns To Practiice 

Post#322 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:22 am

I'm sorry but how is Mercilus back? A torn bicep takes months to heal? Did he have surgery??
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#323 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:15 am

FAH1223 wrote:I'm sorry but how is Mercilus back? A torn bicep takes months to heal? Did he have surgery??

Reggie White miracle. 1996 all over again.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#324 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Mercilus is a certified Freak Human. That or, you know......HGH.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#325 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:42 pm

i mean cam akers tore his achilles and is back in the same season... that shouldnt be possible
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#326 » by M-C-G » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:I'm sorry but how is Mercilus back? A torn bicep takes months to heal? Did he have surgery??

Was just a few weeks ago we thought Rashan Gary dislocated his elbow or something and he was out like a week. Maybe the NFL has some kind of secret med beds or something.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#327 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:16 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

Was just a few weeks ago we thought Rashan Gary dislocated his elbow or something and he was out like a week. Maybe the NFL has some kind of secret med beds or something.

They do! Called HGH.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#328 » by M-C-G » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:31 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

They do! Called HGH.

Remember when Adrian Peterson blew out his knee and then less than a year later came back and rushed for 2100 yards? If that wasn't the most blatant use of a PED since Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds, I don't know what is.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,042

Post#329 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Congrats to Rodgers, Adams, and Campbell.

Travon Diggs being first team CB while being an objectively bad CB is very funny to me.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,642

Post#330 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Congrats Campbell! What a signing he was. Arguably our weakest position became a strength. I'm going to be sad when he gets paid and we're back to the Krys Barnes/Ty Summers/Oren Burks of the world...
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#331 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:42 pm

I get that you have to find a way to award a guy for an 11-interception year, but yeah, he wasn't even better than Douglas or Stokes, let alone everyone else in the league at his position. Voters are still clueless when it comes to evaluating pass defense apparently. At least Ramsey deserved it this season as opposed to getting it purely off of reputation like he did last year.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#332 » by LikeABosh » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:53 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Congrats to Rodgers, Adams, and Campbell.

Travon Diggs being first team CB while being an objectively bad CB is very funny to me.

I'm guessing this means Rodgers wins MVP. Similar voters I think
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#333 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:02 pm

Big congrats to Campbell. Really cool for him to get this level of recognition for his great season.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#334 » by LikeABosh » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:14 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I get that you have to find a way to award a guy for an 11-interception year, but yeah, he wasn't even better than Douglas or Stokes, let alone everyone else in the league at his position. Voters are still clueless when it comes to evaluating pass defense apparently. At least Ramsey deserved it this season as opposed to getting it purely off of reputation like he did last year.

JC Jackson had 9 turnovers himself and didn't get burned every week. If they want to reward turnovers, why not give it to the player who produced a ton and is awesome even when he's not forcing them
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#335 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:18 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

They do! Called HGH.

Remember when Adrian Peterson blew out his knee and then less than a year later came back and rushed for 2100 yards? If that wasn't the most blatant use of a PED since Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds, I don't know what is.

I think the NFL depends on PED use in a way that few sports do. I can't imagine most fans wouldn't realize that if they thought it through. The sport could hardly exist in its current form without rampant PED use. It's not the same as baseball, where PEDs give competitive advantages but the mechanics and toll of the sport don't require them. Whereas other sports have incentives to ban PEDs to improve their brand, the NFL, if anything, is probably played in a way that would make them more likely to require players to use PEDs to improve the brand.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#336 » by RRyder823 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I get that you have to find a way to award a guy for an 11-interception year, but yeah, he wasn't even better than Douglas or Stokes, let alone everyone else in the league at his position. Voters are still clueless when it comes to evaluating pass defense apparently. At least Ramsey deserved it this season as opposed to getting it purely off of reputation like he did last year.
Let them reward a guy like Diggs. It'll only mean they'll spotlight Adams lighting him up for 200 yards and 3 TDs if the Pack meet the Cowboys in the POs cause there probably isn't a QB/WR combo better suited to taking advantage of his TBuck attitude in the league

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,375

Post#337 » by MoreTrife » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:10 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:JFC I need to temper my enthusiasm. With all these guys returning all I'm thinking is Superbowl number 5. I'm giddy like an 8-year-old.

If it were like week 13-14 I'd be stoked but it's making me very nervous due to it happening right before playoffs. Turner, Jaire, Z, Bakh, Whitney are all veterans but jumping into the deep end of a BIG playoff game with basically zero in game action is very stressful. No idea what rust level will be and games can be lost in the first half. Combined with playing very well without them makes me hesitant to rock the boat.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#338 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:20 pm

MoreTrife wrote:

If it were like week 13-14 I'd be stoked but it's making me very nervous due to it happening right before playoffs. Turner, Jaire, Z, Bakh, Whitney are all veterans but jumping into the deep end of a BIG playoff game with basically zero in game action is very stressful. No idea what rust level will be and games can be lost in the first half. Combined with playing very well without them makes me hesitant to rock the boat.

I do agree with you here but I would hope coaching is taking that into account. It feels like a good problem to have? Worst case you roll with who you had and these guys are available to be slowly worked back into the lineup. I'm not expecting them to all play every snap.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#339 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:25 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
They do! Called HGH.

I think the NFL depends on PED use in a way that few sports do. I can't imagine most fans wouldn't realize that if they thought it through. The sport could hardly exist in its current form without rampant PED use. It's not the same as baseball, where PEDs give competitive advantages but the mechanics and toll of the sport don't require them. Whereas other sports have incentives to ban PEDs to improve their brand, the NFL, if anything, is probably played in a way that would make them more likely to require players to use PEDs to improve the brand.

Totally, from a recovery and branding standpoint PEDs are necessary. The game is just too fast and violent to not use them. If they didn't rosters would need to be expanded in the 100s. :dontknow:

I think the debate is the ethics of it, the long-term ramifications of using PEDs for these players. My guess is that fans don't get all the information because of the stigma and misunderstanding of how PEDs are being used.

Finally, this is all speculation. There is no proof that they actually use them but I find it hard to believe that they can suffer these injuries and not have help.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#340 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:44 pm

I can't tell you how many times I hear casual sports fans constantly and automatically equating PED's to "juicing". And that's gonna continue to be the main hurdle to overcome for all the leagues, not just the NFL. If everyone understood the reality that like, 99% of PED use is for injury rehab, I don't think anyone would give a **** anymore.

Return to Green Bay Packers