WFT Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

WFT Lead Up 

Post#1 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Home game at noon, followed by a Thursday night tilt with the undefeated Cardinals in Arizona. Potential trap game here if they're looking ahead.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Re: WFT Lead Up 

Post#2 » by Treebeard » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:46 pm

From the Packers.com FB page: https://www.packers.com/news/update-on-several-injured-packers-players-october-2021?fbclid=IwAR0JtJJ11LkkdjMI66aIZYZl_zj5cbWVv45UL8TNeaN60bWImZzs53s7YTY

David Bakhtiari: The five-time All-Pro left tackle is eligible to come off the physically unable to perform list (PUP) and begin practicing this week, which would open a three-week window during which Bakhtiari could practice without taking up a 53-man roster spot.

LaFleur said he "would anticipate" Bakhtiari practicing this week, but there would be a "ramp-up period" for Bakhtiari to gain confidence in his reconstructed knee before the coaching staff would look at inserting him into game action.

"When you're coming off a pretty significant injury, you don't want to just throw somebody out there," LaFleur said.

Preston Smith: Iffy for this game

Josh Myers: The rookie center left the Bears game in the first quarter with a knee injury and is expected to miss multiple games.

Kevin King: D-t-D

Jaire Alexander: Season-ending surgery on the second-team All-Pro corner's injured shoulder still has not been ruled out, but the medical scans to this point show Alexander's recovery "progressing nicely."

Marquez Valdes-Scantling: The speedy receiver's hamstring injury has kept him out three games, and he's eligible to return from IR this week, but LaFleur did not know if he would be back at practice.

Among other injured players, there was no mention Monday of outside linebacker Za'Darius Smith (on IR, back) or safety Darnell Savage (left Sunday with concussion).

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:50 pm

That Cardinals game could get very ugly, very early.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#4 » by neiLz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:13 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:That Cardinals game could get very ugly, very early.

LOAD MANAGEMENT.
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by neiLz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:17 pm

In all seriousness. I expected them to be 5-2 is after 7. if they can get to 6-1 that'd be amazing considering the injuries. Get this weeks W and anything can happen on thursday night vs the cards.

Anyone watch WFT? their defense looks like utter trash... whats wrong over there? Outside of Leroy and Gary Ellerson calling chase young a bust for not leading the NFL in sacks every year, I don't know what other reason for their defense to be so bad.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:31 pm

We absolutely need this win because it gets very tough after this game

at Arizona (short week)
at KC
Seattle (Wilson could be back)
at Minny
Rams
Bears
at Ravens
Browns
Vikings
at Lions
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#7 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:23 pm

neiLz wrote:In all seriousness. I expected them to be 5-2 is after 7. if they can get to 6-1 that'd be amazing considering the injuries. Get this weeks W and anything can happen on thursday night vs the cards.

Anyone watch WFT? their defense looks like utter trash... whats wrong over there? Outside of Leroy and Gary Ellerson calling chase young a bust for not leading the NFL in sacks every year, I don't know what other reason for their defense to be so bad.

They are the opposite of us. Our defense looks good at times because we control the clock and score points which puts pressure on our opponents. Their offense is so bad, the defense is always on the field.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#8 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:We absolutely need this win because it gets very tough after this game

at Arizona (short week)
at KC
Seattle (Wilson could be back)
at Minny
Rams
Bears
at Ravens
Browns
Vikings
at Lions

The best thing about it is our defense gets to practice against Murray before Mahomes, and both of them (possibly even Wilson) before Lamar. If we don't know how to stop mobile QBs by the end of the year, we never will.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#9 » by raysbookclub » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:52 pm

1. WFT is... Idk... I'm glad they're not my team. They're a dysfunctional organization and it shows on the field. Shooting themselves in the foot all the time. Their offense isn't scary. Their defensive front 4 was scary last year but not this year.

2. Schedule does look really tough, but who knows how each team will look on a given Sunday in a month or two, especially with injuries/COVID. Who knows, too, what weaknesses will get exposed in a given game. Maybe Houston's D plays AZ well and gives a blueprint. Ok, probably not, haha. Anyway, just have to take it a week at a time.

3. Tim Harris is being inducted into the GB HOF. He was awesome, even though he didn't play for that long. He and rookie Sterling Sharpe were like the sole rays of light on those late 1980s teams. I was a kid, but I remember those Sundays: GB game at noon, usually a loss, then listen to 620 radio for commiserating with other fans, fall asleep listening, wake up for dinner. If there were one guy from those 1980s teams I would love to bring into the present and play for GB, it'd be him. He was such a force at 3-4 edge.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#10 » by LikeABosh » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 pm

neiLz wrote:In all seriousness. I expected them to be 5-2 is after 7. if they can get to 6-1 that'd be amazing considering the injuries. Get this weeks W and anything can happen on thursday night vs the cards.

Their d-line is nasty (Ioannidis, Payne, Young, Allen, Sweat), but they might seriously have the worst combination of linebackers and defensive backs in the league. Unreal how bad Landon Collins is while being the highest paid SS (by cap hit)
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,938

Post#11 » by stillgotgame » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:51 pm

neiLz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:That Cardinals game could get very ugly, very early.

LOAD MANAGEMENT.

Yep. It’s a long season with the extra 17th game and our late bye. We’ll potentially have 8 starters out due to injury.
Give the healthy starters with a “per game bonus”one play and then bench everyone. Get the reserves some valuable experience- Jordan Love, Amari Rodgers & Kylin Hill especially- and rest up the vets.

Would be a nice statement to the league regarding the 17 game schedule with 9 on the road. Stick us with a game and we’ll take one off.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#12 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:01 pm

raysbookclub wrote:1. WFT is... Idk... I'm glad they're not my team. They're a dysfunctional organization and it shows on the field. Shooting themselves in the foot all the time. Their offense isn't scary. Their defensive front 4 was scary last year but not this year.

2. Schedule does look really tough, but who knows how each team will look on a given Sunday in a month or two, especially with injuries/COVID. Who knows, too, what weaknesses will get exposed in a given game. Maybe Houston's D plays AZ well and gives a blueprint. Ok, probably not, haha. Anyway, just have to take it a week at a time.

3. Tim Harris is being inducted into the GB HOF. He was awesome, even though he didn't play for that long. He and rookie Sterling Sharpe were like the sole rays of light on those late 1980s teams. I was a kid, but I remember those Sundays: GB game at noon, usually a loss, then listen to 620 radio for commiserating with other fans, fall asleep listening, wake up for dinner. If there were one guy from those 1980s teams I would love to bring into the present and play for GB, it'd be him. He was such a force at 3-4 edge.
I was a kid in the 80s and definitely did the Tim Harris finger guns when I'd make a play in backyard football :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#13 » by TroyD92 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:28 am

Didn't know where to put this, but thought this was pretty cool of Jones.

Read on Twitter
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#14 » by WRau1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:24 am

Can't wait for it to get colder and our OLine to get healthier, it's gonna be Dillion time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#15 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:47 pm

We just neutralized the best pass rush in the league so you have to feel confident going into this one. That Back-7 of Washington's defense might be one of the worst groups in modern NFL history. Offense should have a field day.

W 38-14
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by neiLz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:27 pm

Get the W. Hope for no injuries.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#18 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
raysbookclub wrote:1. WFT is... Idk... I'm glad they're not my team. They're a dysfunctional organization and it shows on the field. Shooting themselves in the foot all the time. Their offense isn't scary. Their defensive front 4 was scary last year but not this year.

I was a kid in the 80s and definitely did the Tim Harris finger guns when I'd make a play in backyard football :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

I think the kids in school had a **** with a cartoon Tim Harris Holding a giant brown sack or something. Tim Harris was a star I also remember the good ole solid Brian Noble and the bald tough hitting Mark Murphy. Their were few bright spots on those 80s teams.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#20 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:55 pm

I'd argue you'd want all of Stokes, Douglas, and Sullivan ahead of King anyways, but if Savage has been practicing I don't see why you wouldn't throw him out there. With concussions, you're either ready to go, or you're not.

Return to Green Bay Packers