ImageImage

GT: Iowa at Bucky - 11:00 - ESPN

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: GT: Iowa at Bucky - 11:00 - ESPN 

Post#41 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:34 pm

*Pats self on back*

I wish I could slap every football fan (in my case I see it in Packers/Badgers after a bad game or two) every time I hear "why are we still favored by _____ this week? I saw with my own eyes that we sucked last week."

Stop asking that question and instead figure out what the systems see. The people that make Vegas' algorithms are almost always smarter than the standard fan. It saw we had an elite defense and could kinda move the ball. The human element "fix" that turned the tide was less turnovers + Allen getting in there + Mertz/pass blocking solidifying, but this was there.

I'm not sure if the 3 losses were moved back on the schedule if it matters much. A tough question to ask because other than Iowa, those 3 teams are the only other ones that have NFL caliber defenders to slow down our running game. I do think they've fixed a good deal of pass blocking issues, but it's possible that we're still struggling to move the ball via the run on 1st and 2nd down against those 3 teams if those games are in November, either and we are relying on Mertz passing when they know he has to pass.

It's frustrating that we have to be perfect down the stretch because the B10 considers Wisconsin a marquee team and thus schedules us against multiple tough crossover East teams most years. Instead, Minnesota may be sitting there at 6-2 or 7-1 in conference and 9-2 or 8-3 with wins over precisely nobody other than I guess @Purdue being somewhat of a challenge and @Iowa (have not played yet) in between.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,950

Post#42 » by BUCKnation » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:33 pm

Minnesota's schedule is so bad until the end. All of the bottom feeders in the conference.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#43 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Nov 2, 2021 12:16 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Minnesota's schedule is so bad until the end. All of the bottom feeders in the conference.

The Badgers have done it before where we've gone 10-2 or whatever against a trash schedule so I can't complain too much...but I think I remember the B10 trying to schedule some soft rivalries/tough games across East/West and it feels like it with recent crossover years. Minnesota has gotten back to respectable and plays nobody in non-conference so they are going to have a lot of gaudy records with iffy teams.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#44 » by Mags FTW » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:33 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Minnesota's schedule is so bad until the end. All of the bottom feeders in the conference.

The Badgers have done it before where we've gone 10-2 or whatever against a trash schedule so I can't complain too much...but I think I remember the B10 trying to schedule some soft rivalries/tough games across East/West and it feels like it with recent crossover years. Minnesota has gotten back to respectable and plays nobody in non-conference so they are going to have a lot of gaudy records with iffy teams.

But can they still make the playoffs?!?!
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#45 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:13 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

But can they still make the playoffs?!?!

I knew those would be coming on that hellhole of a site.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#46 » by midranger » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:09 pm

Bowling Green remembers…
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#47 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:15 pm

midranger wrote:Bowling Green remembers…

Right, there will be a lot of 2-loss teams that didn't lose to Bowling Green.

If they really ran the table, it would involve wins over 3 (or more) loss Iowa, 4 (or more) loss Wisconsin...so the only huge win would be over OSU.

I can't believe I'm acknowledging this stupid post they made...but regardless, this is their same run as 2019 where they beat nobody and almost lost to all of the scrubs on their schedule. Except I think this version of MN is worse than that one but they've had even an easier schedule so far.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#48 » by midranger » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:57 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:

If they really ran the table, it would involve wins over 3 (or more) loss Iowa, 4 (or more) loss Wisconsin...so the only huge win would be over OSU.

I can't believe I'm acknowledging this stupid post they made...but regardless, this is their same run as 2019 where they beat nobody and almost lost to all of the scrubs on their schedule. Except I think this version of MN is worse than that one but they've had even an easier schedule so far.

Well, no worries about any of it. Except on gopherhole, where they still may believe…..
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#49 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:55 pm

midranger wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

Well, no worries about any of it. Except on gopherhole, where they still may believe…..

I'm sure most of them just paid for a change fee from LAX to Indy a few weeks earlier. They were going to skip the B10 Title game since it was a formality, but now they will just go and watch that victory.

Return to Green Bay Packers