Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: 49ers at Packers - 7:15 - FOX 

Post#741 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
RubberSoul wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:We had two fumbles go against us as well (I thought the SF fumble was a fumble), and both of those negated field position around midfield or closer.

Also thought Jones could have scored on that deep pass.

ST was awful.

AR only threw to Adams.

Dillon had to leave the game.

I mean, it never ends.

The way we can blow playoff games is borderline miraculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Aaron comes back, we need to make a poll of how crazy our next postseason is. It's gotten comical. I have no feeling about this L now.
Yeah this decade of disappointment is owned by hundreds of players and dozens of coaches. They all own a piece of it. Some of the best players have all had bad moments at the absolute worst time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#742 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:44 pm

On a positive note, holy hell was Gary a monster yesterday. Absolute stud performance.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#743 » by LikeABosh » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:49 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, this is what I wanted to see. That's terrible
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#744 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:06 pm

Hope the team blows it up. How many times can this team go into the playoffs looking good...only to disappoint when they face elite teams? Seahawks, 9ers, Tampa, etc, etc. Year after year. I thought a new coach would break through, but nope. No difference.

We're a slightly better Dallas team. Good in the regular season, but once the big boys show up....it's over.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#745 » by CWoodfan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:17 pm

If the goal remains to win the putrid NFC North, where the Lions are the LIons and the Vikings and Bears will have completely new regimes, in 2022, by all means re-structure Rodgers, re-sign Davante, and then get prepared for another playoff loss with your 39 year old QB.

If the goal is to legitimately compete for a SB within the next 5 seasons blow it up. Like really blow it up.

QB trade Rodgers to the highest bidder, collect as many draft picks for the future, and see what you have in Love.

WR let MVS, Lazard, and ESB all walk. Cut Cobb.

TE let Tonyan walk and cut Lewis.

OL Patrick, Kelly should be allowed to walk.

OLB say goodbye to the Smiths.

DL thank Lowry and Lancaster as they walk out the door of Lambeau for the last time.

ILB as nice as it was to finally see competent ILB play let some other team sign 29 year old Davondre Campbell. We won't miss Burks.

CB loved your story Rasul but we can't afford you. Let Sullivan go. If King is on the roster come July heads should role in the front office.

S Cut Amos.

STs only sign Bojorquez to a cheap deal and cut Crosby.

Once these EASY decisions have been made, then it is time to start making some of the HARD choices on players like Bakh, Savage, Aaron Jones.

Gary, Clark, Stokes, Jaire, Dillon, Meyers, Runyan, Jenkins (depending upon his knee).

is there anyone else currently on the roster who could really be expected to still be around in 3-5 years when the team will realistically next be in a position to compete that we'd want to keep around?

Buckle up buttercups the ride ain't going to be as easy as it was when #12 was playing well (in the regular season) and covering up a lot of stink.
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#746 » by CannondaleF400 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:07 pm

Of all the bad plays and dumb moves, shuffling the offensive line was the worst. All the season-long chemisty you built up and got you the #1 seed wasted. Totally over-thinking things.

I was hoping AR would have a monster MVP-worthy performance but wasn't expecting it because he doesn't seem to to do that in these big games.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#747 » by rilamann » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:12 pm

th87 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:We all knew special teams would let us down, but let's be honest:

If that was Love out there, everyone would be going "I miss Aaron Rodgers." Rodgers looked horrible, the offensive line couldn't block.

Personally, I am just glad we don't have to witness another NFC Championship loss.

Same result with Love, for 35 million cheaper.

Rodgers was straight trash today.

I think Love is pretty bad but you can make a legit argument that we win last night if we start Love at QB.

Love, while he's not that great, wouldn't get tunnel vision for Adams and he probably gets us 1 TD and in FG range a couple times, which would have been enough to win with how good the defense played.

Hell, 7 points would have been enough to win last night if ST doesn't **** the bed.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#748 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:19 pm

rilamann wrote:I think Love is pretty bad but you can make a legit argument that we win last night if we start Love at QB.

Yes, if you ran him as an option QB. But the more likely scenario is he would have thrown 4 picks.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
rilamann
RealGM

Post#749 » by rilamann » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:20 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:This organization is so arrogant for no reason.

This is an underrated post.

The Packers as an organization always seem to have this arrogant cockiness about them as if they've been to 5 or 6 Super Bowls over the past 12 years.

I think that attitude is a big reason they've only been to 1 Super Bowl 12 years ago.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#750 » by Treebeard » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:27 pm

CWoodfan wrote:If the goal remains to win the putrid NFC North, where the Lions are the LIons and the Vikings and Bears will have completely new regimes,

Next year and the year after, what's the probable pecking order in the NFC North?

Bears? - I'm giving Fields a lot of second year jump leeway here
Vikes? - Cousins albatross contract and other deficiencies will bite into their ability to add talent
Lions? - Maybe higher if they can get a better QB than Goff
Packers (assuming no Rogers and maybe no Adams)
rilamann
RealGM

Post#751 » by rilamann » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:35 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
rilamann wrote:I think Love is pretty bad but you can make a legit argument that we win last night if we start Love at QB.

Yes, if you ran him as an option QB. But the more likely scenario is he would have thrown 4 picks.

I doubt Love would have thrown 4 picks. Unless you had him go out there and try to be Aaron Rodgers. Which you wouldn't do if you're the coaching staff.

If you throw Love out there with a take whats there but don't try to do too much gameplan and have him be a game manager for a majority of the game, we probably win the game by a 17-13 type of score.

We didn't need much from the QB to win last night.

Hell, if Rodgers just gets a couple first downs and we're punting from even our own 40 on our 2nd to last possession, the blocked punt never happens. Just 2 first downs on that drive and we're pinning the 49ers inside their 20 with 2-3 minutes to go and us still holding a 10-3 lead and our defense playing lights out.

If we could do that drive over again, I'd put Love in. I don't think Love leads us on a spectacular TD drive by any means, but I have more confidence in him getting us a couple first downs which would have given our defense a chance to win the game.

Packers win last night fairly easily with even an average game managing type of QB. That's why I say you can make an argument that we might have won last night with Love.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#752 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:47 pm

rilamann wrote:

The Packers as an organization always seem to have this arrogant cockiness about them as if they've been to 5 or 6 Super Bowls over the past 12 years.

I think that attitude is a big reason they've only been to 1 Super Bowl 12 years ago.

In your other posts, you’re putting all the blame on Rodgers, just as you put all the blame on McCarthy in years past. But the post above hits the target. The front office hasn’t really done all that well, until this year’s emergence of the defense which maybe was a fluke. For me it all goes back to Mark Murphy. He’s a politician more than a football guy. He’s where I’d start if they want to begin a new era.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#753 » by th87 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:58 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
th87 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:We all knew special teams would let us down, but let's be honest:

If that was Love out there, everyone would be going "I miss Aaron Rodgers." Rodgers looked horrible, the offensive line couldn't block.

Personally, I am just glad we don't have to witness another NFC Championship loss.

As bad as Rodgers was today, you still go into the game wanting him more than maybe 3 other quarterbacks. Damn right Rodgers could've won this game but it was night and day between how he and Jimmy G played. This game could have been easily been a blowout with two pick six.

Rodgers is a dick and bring criticism to himself but we comfortably win and are still super bowl favorites if-
Had any of the pick 6s floating in the air
We make make our FG
We don't get punt blocked / td
Dillon doesn't get injured
Defense makes a stop to make it a 50+ yard field goal

Rodgers played good enough for us to win. That's more than was 80% or QBs can do. I'm fine moving on from Rodgers but I think it's going be a 2 win type season next year only to have to draft a QB in 2023 for when the rebuild actually starts.

God no he didn't. 10 points from your MVP as he missed open receivers and displayed garbage ball placement is not good enough to win. The throw to Cobb could've easily been a pick 6 too, and Lazard was open on that one.

Despite catastrophic special teams gaffes, the Packers only gave up 13 points. If your offense can't overcome that, then the QB, which is the offense, deserves the majority of the blame.
dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Post#754 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:59 pm

CannondaleF400 wrote:Of all the bad plays and dumb moves, shuffling the offensive line was the worst. All the season-long chemisty you built up and got you the #1 seed wasted. Totally over-thinking things.

I was hoping AR would have a monster MVP-worthy performance but wasn't expecting it because he doesn't seem to to do that in these big games.

Now that I think about it, moving everybody on the line so they could start Turner at LT is the kind of thing that might have Rodgers' fingerprints on it. Even if Turner himself was fine, it was still a bonehead idea that didn't consider all the consequences.
th87
General Manager

Post#755 » by th87 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:16 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
But if they hadn't started Turner at LT, they still would have won!
If Rodgers wasn't dog poop in the 2nd half, they still would have won!
If Jones had gone for the sideline on that big play, they still would have won!
If Marcedes Lewis hadn't fumbled, they still would have won!
If a couple defenders, especially Stokes, had seen an opportunity for an easy interception, they still would have won!
If MLF had called a better game, they still would have won!

People are harping on different things, but it's all of those things and more.

But chief among them is two botched ST plays for -10 points. :)

Sure, you just missed my edit to the previous reply.

(Directed to no one in particular)

ST was trash, but it shouldn't have mattered. The Packers only gave up 13 points to the vaunted 49ers! That's a miracle! If a genie said, "Hey I'll hold the 49ers to 13 points, and the Packers will style on them in the first drive of the game, and Rodgers/Adams will not leave the game," I'd feel very confident about a win. The fact that Rodgers and crew couldn't come up with SEVEN MORE POINTS after the first drive is a hilarious new abject failure.

And you've all seen my history defending Rodgers. But he was the culprit yesterday.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#756 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:17 pm

th87 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
th87 wrote:

As bad as Rodgers was today, you still go into the game wanting him more than maybe 3 other quarterbacks. Damn right Rodgers could've won this game but it was night and day between how he and Jimmy G played. This game could have been easily been a blowout with two pick six.

Rodgers is a dick and bring criticism to himself but we comfortably win and are still super bowl favorites if-
We make make our FG

Rodgers played good enough for us to win. That's more than was 80% or QBs can do. I'm fine moving on from Rodgers but I think it's going be a 2 win type season next year only to have to draft a QB in 2023 for when the rebuild actually starts.

God no he didn't. 10 points from your MVP as he missed open receivers and displayed garbage ball placement is not good enough to win. The throw to Cobb could've easily been a pick 6 too, and Lazard was open on that one.

Despite catastrophic special teams gaffes, the Packers only gave up 13 points. If your offense can't overcome that, then the QB, which is the offense, deserves the majority of the blame.
Maybe I'm forgetting a game but I thought this was Rodgers worst playoff game.

(The bears NFCC game win is up there too ironically)

th87
General Manager

Post#757 » by th87 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:19 pm

dogswithbeesintheirmouths wrote:
CannondaleF400 wrote:Of all the bad plays and dumb moves, shuffling the offensive line was the worst. All the season-long chemisty you built up and got you the #1 seed wasted. Totally over-thinking things.

Now that I think about it, moving everybody on the line so they could start Turner at LT is the kind of thing that might have Rodgers' fingerprints on it. Even if Turner himself was fine, it was still a bonehead idea that didn't consider all the consequences.

Yeah this seems like a coaching 101 mistake. Has MLF addressed this?
th87
General Manager

Post#758 » by th87 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:22 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
th87 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:As bad as Rodgers was today, you still go into the game wanting him more than maybe 3 other quarterbacks. Damn right Rodgers could've won this game but it was night and day between how he and Jimmy G played. This game could have been easily been a blowout with two pick six.

We make make our FG

Maybe I'm forgetting a game but I thought this was Rodgers worst playoff game.

(The bears NFCC game win is up there too ironically)

Statistically the 2010 NFCCG was bad, but he got a little unlucky on the Driver INT, and the throw to Urlacher caused him to turtle up. But he was pretty good besides that. This game had nothing outside the first drive.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#759 » by Treebeard » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
rilamann wrote:

In your other posts, you’re putting all the blame on Rodgers, just as you put all the blame on McCarthy in years past. But the post above hits the target. The front office hasn’t really done all that well, until this year’s emergence of the defense which maybe was a fluke. For me it all goes back to Mark Murphy. He’s a politician more than a football guy. He’s where I’d start if they want to begin a new era.

I'm on board with that thought. Murphy's in his sixties now, so (encouraged) retirement is a reasonable out for him. He can genuinely take credit for all of the improvements to the Lambeau field district, and ride off into the sunset. We'll kick some dust over any role he's played on the team management side.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#760 » by CWoodfan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:26 pm

rilamann wrote:

As for the organization being undeservedly arrogant when they have not been to a Super Bowl in over 11 years, I could not agree more.

The fact that they have been to just as many Super Bowls over the last 11 seasons as the Jaguars, Browns, Texans, Lions, Bears, Vikings and every other loser franchise should be an embarrassment, but it is not.

Problem is, the organization reflects much of the fan base that acts like winning the awful NFL North is some big accomplishment.

And if the fans are fine with just winning the NFC North while not really competing for Super Bowls why should the organization care?

Return to Green Bay Packers