Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,530

Re: Packers News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Jenkins Extended - 4/$68 million 

Post#1781 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 4, 2023 12:05 am

Rodgers hacked lol

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1782 » by MoMM » Thu Jan 5, 2023 1:14 pm

Pretty low cap hit for Elgton next year, only 7M, and cutting him later on isn't a huge problem in terms of dead cap, not sure if anyone mentioned it here:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/elgton-jenkins-29080/
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#1783 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Jan 5, 2023 3:26 pm

MoMM wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10059792-2022-nfl-season-proving-that-the-right-situation-is-biggest-key-to-qb-success

Basically it says that a QB doesn't matter that much, it's more about coaching style, offensive weapons and not having a clueless QB. I wonder if it wasn't coolhandluke121 who wrote it :lol:

Nobody is saying that QB's don't matter that much, they're saying that QB's can easily get too much blame or too much credit because it's a team game, a statement that only a complete fool would disagree with.

As much as people like to call me a Rodgers hater, I honestly don't think he gets enough credit for how great he was in his prime. The fact that so many people won't even consider him as a candidate for the best QB of all-time is laughable to me, as he would probably have more titles than Brady in the same situation IMO. That speaks to how a QB can easily not get enough credit when his weapons and/or run game and/or coaching and/or offensive line sucks - not to mention when your own defense and special teams robs you of at least 2-3 more Super Bowl rings.

At the same time, QB's can easily get too much credit when they're in a great situation, as Rodgers was the last two years, when everything else about the offense was very good to elite. It reminds me of when Kurt Warner was putting up GOAT stats. I mean, come the **** on, was Kurt Warner really in the same class as guys like Rodgers and Montana and Manning and Brady?

There's a reason Davante Adams is still killing it with Derek Carr and Jarrett friggin' Stidham (still have no idea who that is) this year, whereas Rodgers looks like a poor man's Kirk Cousins playing without Adams. Rodgers has usually helped inflate his WR's stats, but it was the other way around with Adams the last two years, and this year has revealed the truth that was hidden to anyone who was paying too much attention to his stats the last two years and not actually paying attention to his accuracy, his athleticism, and the difficulty level of his throws compared to his prime years.

I warned repeatedly that this would happen if the Packers paid him as if he actually deserved so much of the credit for his stats the last two years, so I'm particularly pissed about this because it was so damn predictable.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1784 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 5, 2023 4:10 pm

Rodgers is dating Mallory Edens apparently. Good for him.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,594

Post#1785 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 5, 2023 4:16 pm

ARod just keeps winning
FREE GIANNIS
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1786 » by Treebeard » Thu Jan 5, 2023 4:37 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Rodgers is dating Mallory Edens apparently. Good for him.

Lasry is supposedly low-key interested in selling up his portion of the Bucks (like I actually know anything.... :roll: ). Aaron buys into Lasry's chunk, hooks up with Mallory and emerges long term as the owner of the Bucks.... It. Could... Work! :lol:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Packers News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - 2023 Off Season 

Post#1787 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 9, 2023 4:08 am

no cap space, lots of decisions to be made. It’s going to be an interesting offseason. I’ll still look forward to next season. Go Pack.

Return to Green Bay Packers