Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Re: ROUND 2 - #34 - Christian Watson - ND State 

Post#121 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:08 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=A4vDF6W4TR3tB-EmNhxM7A&s=19

That is some true spook the **** out of the D speed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

I said it a few times during the game yesterday, but he absolutely needs to get like 5 carries a game too. With that speed, they should be trying to get the ball in his hands as much as they can. He's a legit game breaker.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#122 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 5, 2022 5:15 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Watson is third in total TD for WR behind Davante and Diggs. Snap Counts through week 12:

Davante: 684
Diggs: 580
Watson: 269

I think he has really silenced a lot of the doubters. I like Doubs, but realistically Aaron Jones and now Watson are the only guys I see as real playmakers on this offense (other than QB).
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#123 » by Mags FTW » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:40 pm

Mags FTW wrote:4th in OROY odds behind Walker, Olave, and G. Wilson.

This was from before yesterday's game. He's now ahead of Olave and in 3rd at most books.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#124 » by LikeABosh » Tue Dec 6, 2022 12:08 pm

M-C-G wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Watson is third in total TD for WR behind Davante and Diggs. Snap Counts through week 12:

I think he has really silenced a lot of the doubters. I like Doubs, but realistically Aaron Jones and now Watson are the only guys I see as real playmakers on this offense (other than QB).

I'd put Dillon in the Doubs category too. Solid B options, but you need those real gamechangers and for the most of the year it was only Jones and the offense looked like piss
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#125 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 8, 2022 3:13 pm

Non sensical exercise just to highlight how dominant Watson has been. If you take his last four week averages and extrapolate that to a full 17 game season here is what you would have;
Targets 110
Catches 64
Rec Yards 1330
Rec TD 29
Rushes 9
Rush Yards 208
Rush TD 4

So 1540 total yards, 33 total TD...completely unrealistic but I think it paints a picture that he has been pretty special for almost a quarter of a season now.

Randy Moss magical NE season was 1493 total yards, 23 total TD for comparison. That was on 98 catches, which I guess speaks to how explosive Watson has been.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#126 » by leroyjw10 » Thu Dec 8, 2022 9:16 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I'd put Dillon in the Doubs category too. Solid B options, but you need those real gamechangers and for the most of the year it was only Jones and the offense looked like piss

This would be absolutely best-case scenario, but I see Doubs as the Cris Carter to Watson's Randy Moss. Both (potentially) really good WRs with differing skillsets.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#127 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 8, 2022 9:31 pm

I love what Watson has shown lately, but I'm also not sure what it means for him as a player. He hasn't actually shown traditional #1 option traits, instead looking like tall DeSean Jackson. Getting that in the 2nd round would obviously be awesome, don't get me wrong. It's just that I see a really fast dude who you send on seem routes and hand the ball to on gadget plays as opposed to guys like Adams, Jefferson, and Diggs who can beat you with athleticism AND run a full route tree.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Post#128 » by El Duderino » Thu Dec 8, 2022 9:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I love what Watson has shown lately, but I'm also not sure what it means for him as a player. He hasn't actually shown traditional #1 option traits, instead looking like tall DeSean Jackson. Getting that in the 2nd round would obviously be awesome, don't get me wrong. It's just that I see a really fast dude who you send on seem routes and hand the ball to on gadget plays as opposed to guys like Adams, Jefferson, and Diggs who can beat you with athleticism AND run a full route tree.

It's hard to know exactly what we have in Watson given he missed so much time in training camp with the knee injury and then with other minor injuries over much of the first half of the season.

Right now he seems to mainly be a TD machine via his ultra special athletic gifts. Hopefully he remains healthy the rest of the season and through all of the offseason and training camp next year. Then we should have a better idea if he can be a complete receiver who dominates in all facets or mainly just via big plays from those special athletic gifts.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#129 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Dec 8, 2022 10:16 pm

Potential wise he's more Mike Evans than he is Davante. I mean, if he could ever run a full route tree and explode off the line like a Stefon Diggs, then you're legitimately talking about Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson type potential, so that's uh, probably pretty unrealistic. But that's why I think everyone's also high on Doubs as more of the prototype do-it-all wideout even if his play-making potential isn't nearly as big as CW's. Both guys hit their ceilings and in theory you have the perfect complimentary 1-2 for the future.
M-C-G
RealGM

ROUND 2 - #34 - Christian Watson - ND State 

Post#130 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 8, 2022 10:22 pm

A not crazy Chris Henry, Martavys Bryant or Josh Gordon that love football and is a great teammate. That’s some really nice clay to mold.

The Bryant comp is probably about the closest thing I have seen. Not sure the measurable sand testing but I bet they are damn close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#131 » by DrWood » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:03 am

leroyjw10 wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

This would be absolutely best-case scenario, but I see Doubs as the Cris Carter to Watson's Randy Moss. Both (potentially) really good WRs with differing skillsets.

I think that's a good comparison, but there's no way either Doubs or Watson becomes as good at Carter or Moss, respectively. Though right now, Watson has 2 more rushing TDs than Moss had in his career. Maybe Watson=Tall Tyreek Hill might be something to dream for, though I don't think he'll ever get as many targets as Hill is getting this year.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#132 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:15 am

What makes Hill elite isn't just the speed, it's the change of direction while moving at full speed. That's something Watson doesn't come close to having.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#133 » by LUKE23 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:11 am

Route trees can be learned. Being a 6-5 freak of nature athletically cannot. I like his future prospects. He came from a run first offense. If he’s doing what he’s doing now without being refined at all I consider that a positive, not a negative.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#134 » by DrWood » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:49 am

ReasonablySober wrote:What makes Hill elite isn't just the speed, it's the change of direction while moving at full speed. That's something Watson doesn't come close to having.

OK, he's a rich man's MVS then.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#135 » by LittleRooster » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:17 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Route trees can be learned. Being a 6-5 freak of nature athletically cannot. I like his future prospects. He came from a run first offense. If he’s doing what he’s doing now without being refined at all I consider that a positive, not a negative.

Exactly this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#136 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:27 pm

Look at Greg Jennings, he wasn't some insane burner but the guys hips were on a freakin' swivel. Watson may not possess that level of change of direction (most taller guys don't) but he has game breaking speed. We haven't had a player in a loooong time capable of punishing the defense for taking a bad angle and housing one.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#137 » by M-C-G » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:48 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:Look at Greg Jennings, he wasn't some insane burner but the guys hips were on a freakin' swivel. Watson may not possess that level of change of direction (most taller guys don't) but he has game breaking speed. We haven't had a player in a loooong time capable of punishing the defense for taking a bad angle and housing one.

I remember seeing something about Watson from the senior bowl and the tweet was something like 6’5 guys are not suppose to have the kind of change of direction or bend

I think that agility is really the major difference between him and a guy like MVS. He isn’t just a straight line guy.

PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#138 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:31 am

M-C-G wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:Look at Greg Jennings, he wasn't some insane burner but the guys hips were on a freakin' swivel. Watson may not possess that level of change of direction (most taller guys don't) but he has game breaking speed. We haven't had a player in a loooong time capable of punishing the defense for taking a bad angle and housing one.

I remember seeing something about Watson from the senior bowl and the tweet was something like 6’5 guys are not suppose to have the kind of change of direction or bend

I think that agility is really the major difference between him and a guy like MVS. He isn’t just a straight line guy.

Oh yea, Watson is on another level compared to MVS. My biggest issue with MVS all those years was for a guy that was constantly considered fast, you never really noticed it unless he was quite literally running in a straight line down the field without the ball.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#139 » by Mags FTW » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:53 am

Right now he is Poor Man's (or maybe Average Man's) Moss. Moss wasn't a quick cutter who could run all the routes either. He used his long strides and height to burn people and out-leap DBs.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#140 » by Treebeard » Mon Jan 9, 2023 4:35 pm

Not that it made much of a difference, but Watson was one of the very few GB players last night (the Finale) that had a consistently good game. A good finish after a rocky start to the season

Return to Green Bay Packers