Game 10: Cowboys at Packers - 11/13/22 - 3:25 - FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Re: Game 10: Cowboys at Packers - 11/13/22 - 3:25 - FOX 

Post#541 » by Mags FTW » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:20 pm

Treebeard wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Only thing is Seattle gets a freebie with Carolina and the Rams x2, who probably have just packed it in for 2022.

The Packers have been a major disappointment this season, but the Rams may have fallen even farther from grace. Quality roster, but every team seems to have figured them out.

Stafford fell off. Woods gone, Jefferson hurt and probably not fully 100% right now, no OBJ.

Even with Kupp, their passing game is as bad as ours.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#542 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:46 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Treebeard wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Only thing is Seattle gets a freebie with Carolina and the Rams x2, who probably have just packed it in for 2022.

The Packers have been a major disappointment this season, but the Rams may have fallen even farther from grace. Quality roster, but every team seems to have figured them out.

Stafford fell off. Woods gone, Jefferson hurt and probably not fully 100% right now, no OBJ.

Even with Kupp, their passing game is as bad as ours.

It's obviously not possible to trash their all-all-all-in methodology of trading every asset they have for the current window because they won a ring, but they were probably the 5th best team in the NFL last year. That's entirely fine to shoot for and it paid off.

But it's frustrating as a Packer fan being a top 5-ish team in the NFL for like 8 of the last 10 years and not having another ring. I'm not one that does the "Aaron and Brett and we only got 2 rings" - but that's just how stupid luck of playoffs in sports can be. The Rams got one by going all-in. Good for them.

And by being the 5th-ish best team that happened to win the playoffs in 2021, they started to lose some of their big names and their offensive line was held together by scotch tape. The 7 total Rams fans in California would be pretty depressed if they hadn't snuck a Super Bowl from that all-in methodology and now were left holding the bag.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#543 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Ya think?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#544 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:14 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ya think?

JFC.... They have a season and a half worth of NFL record on Amari, almost every second of it is negative. It's not just a bumpy start anymore. The guy is not an NFL player.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#545 » by DrWood » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:52 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:Is there even a realistic shot at a wild card spot? Seems like this type of win sets up for whiffing the playoffs and getting a middling pick

yes, there's a realistic shot. 1.5 games behind SF. 2.5 games behind Dallas. In two weeks there might not be a realistic shot.
4 of the last 7 games are against current playoff teams. So that doesn't help.

SF and Dallas are both better teams so I really don’t see that as being realistic

haha! we just beat Dallas. Things happen. "Any given Sunday" isn't just the name of a movie.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#546 » by Mags FTW » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:21 am

Treebeard wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ya think?

JFC.... They have a season and a half worth of NFL record on Amari, almost every second of it is negative. It's not just a bumpy start anymore. The guy is not an NFL player.

It's a pride thing for Gute at this point:
A) He doesn't want to admit he whiffed on Rodgers
B) He doesn't want to make the obvious roster move everyone is screaming for because he gets no adulation for doing it
C) A combo of both
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#547 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:52 am

Mags FTW wrote:
Treebeard wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ya think?

B) He doesn't want to make the obvious roster move everyone is screaming for because he gets no adulation for doing it
C) A combo of both

I think Cobb was always the fallback plan on Amari this year. Probably hoping we could make do until he gets back but it’s too much of a problem now.

I’ve done some FA searches and not seeing the obvious upgrade sitting at home. I do wonder if they will try Alexander back there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#548 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:11 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Treebeard wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ya think?

C) A combo of both
I find it weird he seems this attached to a 3rd round pick. Teams whiff on 3rd rounders all the time; it's really not that big of a deal.

I guess Amari must be a good dude who practices hard and better than he plays. Because litterally nothing he's done on the field would deserve the amount of rope they've given him.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#549 » by MoMM » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:27 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

C) A combo of both
I find it weird he seems this attached to a 3rd round pick. Teams whiff on 3rd rounders all the time; it's really not that big of a deal.
Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Exactly, we just claimed waivers on a former 1st round pick in 2019.

Return to Green Bay Packers