ImageImage

Game 12: Packers at Eagles - 7:20 PM - NBC

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Re: Game 12: Packers at Eagles - 7:20 PM - NBC 

Post#381 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:18 pm

BUCKnation wrote:The defense is clearly scheme. I've seen too many nfl defenses out there that run out some absolute nobodies and end up doing very well. Like the Titans had half their defense out last week on a short week and held us to 17.
Not trying to cape for Barry and I hope he's fired as soon as possible. But he's not out there missing tackles and blowing coverages. The players deserve some of the blame too.

Or as I've been saying it's actually some kind of curse and they will suck on D regardless of players and coaches. After 20 years of this it can't be ruled out :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#382 » by Ayt » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:31 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's the kind of play you can't teach which is why people were so high on him. It is also lame they didn't call the DPI because the guy was there like 1 second early which is a huge amount of time in that situation.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,824

Post#383 » by RubberSoul » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:59 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:The defense is clearly scheme. I've seen too many nfl defenses out there that run out some absolute nobodies and end up doing very well. Like the Titans had half their defense out last week on a short week and held us to 17.
Not trying to cape for Barry and I hope he's fired as soon as possible. But he's not out there missing tackles and blowing coverages. The players deserve some of the blame too.

Or as I've been saying it's actually some kind of curse and they will suck on D regardless of players and coaches. After 20 years of this it can't be ruled out :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

This is where I am at it must be a curse at this point. I’m convinced if we swapped rosters and coaches with the Niners our defense would still find a way to suck just because they are now Packers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#384 » by stillgotgame » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:56 pm

Defensive woes against the Eagles was scheme and personnel. Horrible idea to have Quay spying Hurts. Quay is fast once he gets moving but his recognition time is horrible. He’s done much better when rushing the QB than being dictated to.
Was the 16th largest rushing yards total in a game in NFL history.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-most-rushing-yards-for-a-team-in-a-game
Read on Twitter
?s=20
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#385 » by stillgotgame » Thu Dec 1, 2022 1:16 am

Ayt wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's the kind of play you can't teach which is why people were so high on him. It is also lame they didn't call the DPI because the guy was there like 1 second early which is a huge amount of time in that situation.

I thought that was Jordan's worst throw of the night. He escaped to the right, that was good. But him throwing across his body, late over the middle is a recipe for interceptions. His feet weren't set. There was almost Pass Interference called because he led the Cobb the wrong way, into coverage.

His accuracy drops off considerably when he's moving, mechanics break down. The other pass into the end zone was off too, a yard to the right.

The laser he threw to Jones on the back shoulder though, that was a thing of beauty. I believe the only reason Jones didn't catch it was because it got there so much quicker than when Rodgers throws it. Ball was right on the money though, hit Jones in the left collarbone.

I'm encouraged. He's a prototype pocket passer though. Stand tall and rip it. He's not a runner at all.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#386 » by Treebeard » Thu Dec 1, 2022 1:48 am

stillgotgame wrote:
Ayt wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought that was Jordan's worst throw of the night. He escaped to the right, that was good. But him throwing across his body, late over the middle is a recipe for interceptions. His feet weren't set. There was almost Pass Interference called because he led the Cobb the wrong way, into coverage.

His accuracy drops off considerably when he's moving, mechanics break down. The other pass into the end zone was off too, a yard to the right.

The laser he threw to Jones on the back shoulder though, that was a thing of beauty. I believe the only reason Jones didn't catch it was because it got there so much quicker than when Rodgers throws it. Ball was right on the money though, hit Jones in the left collarbone.

I'm encouraged. He's a prototype pocket passer though. Stand tall and rip it. He's not a runner at all.

I think he's an adequate runner (small sample set). But, as you note, he hasn't looked so good throwing on the run.

Return to Green Bay Packers