Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,522

Dolphins Lead up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:15 am

Xmas Noon Fox

The tiny playoff chance probably ends here. Dolphins with an extra day rest, Pack on a short week.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Re: Dolphins Lead up 

Post#2 » by Mags FTW » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:19 am

Don't worry, I'm sure Barry will cook something up to slow down that offense.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,824

Post#3 » by RubberSoul » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:35 am

Somebody quick alert Barry that Hill and Waddle are fast. He didn’t get the memo that Hurts could scramble so I’m not sure he knows about these guys or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:53 am

Miami favored by 6
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#5 » by Treebeard » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:12 pm

The Fins haven't played so well in the last few weeks, so they're probably looking for a bump from home cooking. I don't follow the AFC playoff situation very much, but I think this is nearly a "must win" for the Dolphins
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,305

Post#6 » by Wooderson » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:36 pm

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,057

Post#7 » by RiotPunch » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:08 am

Gotta think Bisaccia was lobbying for Nixon as he was very familiar with him. LaFleur would just trust his ST coach to make the correct call there. Reeks of Gute pleading for patience for his draft investment, which would be yet another bad look for him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,709

Post#8 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:22 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Gotta think Bisaccia was lobbying for Nixon as he was very familiar with him. LaFleur would just trust his ST coach to make the correct call there. Reeks of Gute pleading for patience for his draft investment, which would be yet another bad look for him.

You honestly think that the GM is stepping in and overruling the coaching staff on special teams assignments?
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#9 » by RiotPunch » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

You honestly think that the GM is stepping in and overruling the coaching staff on special teams assignments?

Not necessarily overruling, but giving his input. I don't think that is crazy at all. Nixon was Bisaccia's guy and had no loyalty to Amari. Even he probably didn't expect Nixon to run wild like he has though. Any way you slice it, it is not great.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#10 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:13 pm

Perhaps I'm misremembering things, but I feel like Green Bay has been pretty bad in Florida in recent memory.

Besides the fact that I can totally see the Packers viewing a Miami trip as Xmas vacation and coming out flat, the Dolphins are just flat out better than Green Bay.

In the moment its hard to root against Green Bay, but my brain is telling me that they're better off losing and ending this pretend playoff run so they can evaluate for next year and beyond.

As a great man once said re: Aaron Rodgers: I just want off this ride.
Do it for Chuck
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#11 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:30 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Gotta think Bisaccia was lobbying for Nixon as he was very familiar with him. LaFleur would just trust his ST coach to make the correct call there. Reeks of Gute pleading for patience for his draft investment, which would be yet another bad look for him.

Not necessarily overruling, but giving his input. I don't think that is crazy at all. Nixon was Bisaccia's guy and had no loyalty to Amari. Even he probably didn't expect Nixon to run wild like he has though. Any way you slice it, it is not great.

Pretty crazy when the coaching staff has shown big mistakes of evaluating their own players. If Gute somehow had this power you would think he would be lobbying for Wyatt to play more.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:06 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Perhaps I'm misremembering things, but I feel like Green Bay has been pretty bad in Florida in recent memory.

Besides the fact that I can totally see the Packers viewing a Miami trip as Xmas vacation and coming out flat, the Dolphins are just flat out better than Green Bay.

In the moment its hard to root against Green Bay, but my brain is telling me that they're better off losing and ending this pretend playoff run so they can evaluate for next year and beyond.

As a great man once said re: Aaron Rodgers: I just want off this ride.

Supposed to be 50's and rain in Miami this weekend so that could dampen the vacation aspect.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#13 » by RiotPunch » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:11 pm

UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Pretty crazy when the coaching staff has shown big mistakes of evaluating their own players. If Gute somehow had this power you would think he would be lobbying for Wyatt to play more.

True, they have made plenty of other moronic mistakes. I'm sure he is lobbying for more Wyatt PT. His skin is on the line with these picks. Coaches are gonna do what they think is best at the end of the day, though. If they were truly braindead enough to think Amari was the right guy for that long... yikes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#14 » by PintSizedBox10 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:00 pm

I don't think Gute was mandating Amari be the return man. Nixon had no prior returning experience in the NFL outside of a 6 KO returns with the Raiders.

It's amazing what can happen when you finally have a returner with some speed and shiftiness, traits Amari so clearly lacked. I can't remember the last time I was actually excited to watch KO and punt returns.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#15 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Stuff like this makes Rodgers skipping the optional camp stuff all the more grating.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,709

Post#16 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:09 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Gotta think Bisaccia was lobbying for Nixon as he was very familiar with him. LaFleur would just trust his ST coach to make the correct call there. Reeks of Gute pleading for patience for his draft investment, which would be yet another bad look for him.

Of course he's allowed to give his input on the roster. He's the GM. It's on him for drafting a bust, but it's 100% on the coaching staff for continuing to play that bust instead of firmly planting his ass on the bench.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#17 » by RiotPunch » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Of course he's allowed to give his input on the roster. He's the GM. It's on him for drafting a bust, but it's 100% on the coaching staff for continuing to play that bust instead of firmly planting his ass on the bench.

Don't disagree, I just wouldn't be surprised if his input extends to the field. Maybe some of that 100% blame on MLF and company is for being pushovers in heeding Gute's input a little too much. I'm no conspiracy theorist, I just think Packer hierarchy can be convoluted at times.
#FreeChuckDiesel
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,558

Post#18 » by th87 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:26 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Stuff like this makes Rodgers skipping the optional camp stuff all the more grating.

I continue to maintain that Pat McAfee was one of the worst things to happen to this era of the Packers.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,845

Post#19 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:33 am

this is the game I expect the Packers to crash back down to Earth and then double down on "spoiling" Minnesota and Detroit for pride points. they'll end up with the 14th pick
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,336

Post#20 » by crkone » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:40 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Not necessarily overruling, but giving his input. I don't think that is crazy at all. Nixon was Bisaccia's guy and had no loyalty to Amari. Even he probably didn't expect Nixon to run wild like he has though. Any way you slice it, it is not great.

Don't disagree, I just wouldn't be surprised if his input extends to the field. Maybe some of that 100% blame on MLF and company is for being pushovers in heeding Gute's input a little too much. I'm no conspiracy theorist, I just think Packer hierarchy can be convoluted at times.

Yeah I need a flowchart for organizational decisions. What decisions do MLF and Gute have to kiss Murphy's ring for and which ones can they do themselves. What decisions do they need each other's okay for?

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Green Bay Packers