Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: Game 17: Lions at Packers - 1/8/22 - 7:20 - NBC 

Post#701 » by DrWood » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:21 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:For all the Gute defenders I have a lot of things to say but the thing I can't wrap my head around is, he let our cheap RT go and replaced him with? Anyone got an idea?

Zac Tom who appears to be a 10 year starter in the making AND Yosh who appears to be an average T in the NFL.

Very strange flex. Very strange indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zach Tom is a left tackle who chit the bed tonight and was below average outside of a few games. There's a reason Jenkins started at RT once he came back from injury and it's because our other options there were no good either. We had no plan at the position, Gute just decided to wing it.

Are you actually a Packer's fan?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,360

Post#702 » by rilamann » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:22 am

raysbookclub wrote:If we don’t fumble at the end of the half, we’re up minimum 12-3, maybe 16-3, instead of 9-6. We lost by 4. Huge huge fumble.

And we're probably in the SB two years ago if Jones doesn't have a massive fumble vs TB. I like Jones and he doesn't fumble often, but when he does it's at the worst possible times.

Rodgers has been the same way with interceptions.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,696

Post#703 » by th87 » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:24 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Treebeard wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
Team needs an NFL caliber TE that is actually a red zone target.

Tonyan is the best of the lot and he's just a journeyman free agent now. Who was the last better-than-average TE the Packers have had on the roster - Finley?
Cook and then they let him leave for no apparent reason and replaced him with Graham corpse.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Nah Bennett
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#704 » by sdn40 » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:25 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:For all the Gute defenders I have a lot of things to say but the thing I can't wrap my head around is, he let our cheap RT go and replaced him with? Anyone got an idea?

Zac Tom who appears to be a 10 year starter in the making AND Yosh who appears to be an average T in the NFL.

Zach Tom is a left tackle who chit the bed tonight and was below average outside of a few games. There's a reason Jenkins started at RT once he came back from injury and it's because our other options there were no good either. We had no plan at the position, Gute just decided to wing it.

The coaches started Jenkins at RT because they were stupid. Mike Wahle talked about it. Changing sides of the line coming off an injury was a huge mistake according to his expertise. And Gute didn't break into Bak's house and hit his knee with a hammer every night. If you want to die on the "the OL sucked because of Gute" hill, go ahead, but it will be a lonely death
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,126

Post#705 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:28 am

DrWood wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Zac Tom who appears to be a 10 year starter in the making AND Yosh who appears to be an average T in the NFL.

What does this even mean? I would really like an answer.

You think I'm torturing myself watching this garbage as a part of some elaborate scheme?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,094

Post#706 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:30 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Nijman came in and played awesome at RT this year and he's making like, the minimum? What are you even talking about?

He was awesome? Goddamn the standards really are in the gutter. He wasn't even our 1st choice RT.

Ok? They shuffled the O-line around early season because of injuries and Bahk/Jenkins getting worked in. Then still ended up a Top-3 line in the league once everyone settled into their roles. Tom moving to LT and Nijman to the right side were a huge impact. Therefore yeah, we literally, and easily replaced vaunted free agent acquisition Billy Turner with an undrafted minimum salary guy just as good or better than him.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,233

Post#707 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:33 am

Top 3 OLs don't suck inside the 5 yard line.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#708 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:35 am

sdn40 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Zac Tom who appears to be a 10 year starter in the making AND Yosh who appears to be an average T in the NFL.

The coaches started Jenkins at RT because they were stupid. Mike Wahle talked about it. Changing sides of the line coming off an injury was a huge mistake according to his expertise. And Gute didn't break into Bak's house and hit his knee with a hammer every night. If you want to die on the "the OL sucked because of Gute" hill, go ahead, but it will be a lonely death

I'm not saying MLF is blameless, I blamed him plenty for the bullchit he pulled with the O-line vs 49ers, pretty sure he put Turner at LT against Tampa in 2020 as well, he's simply a moron.

That said, when talking about replacing Turner in the offseason, you really think MLF said to Gute, we have Jenkins coming back from acl surgery, don't worry about it? Chit, now that I think about it I still find it very unlikely but I wouldn't put it past him.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#709 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:40 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Nijman came in and played awesome at RT this year and he's making like, the minimum? What are you even talking about?

He was awesome? Goddamn the standards really are in the gutter. He wasn't even our 1st choice RT.

Ok? They shuffled the O-line around early season because of injuries and Bahk/Jenkins getting worked in. Then still ended up a Top-3 line in the league once everyone settled into their roles. Tom moving to LT and Nijman to the right side were a huge impact. Therefore yeah, we literally, and easily replaced vaunted free agent acquisition Billy Turner with an undrafted minimum salary guy just as good or better than him.

They sure looked elite tonight or in the 1st game of the season, against the Giants, Bucs, Titans, especially against the Jets, that sure was a performance for the ages.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,941

Post#710 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:41 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Treebeard wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
Team needs an NFL caliber TE that is actually a red zone target.

Tonyan is the best of the lot and he's just a journeyman free agent now. Who was the last better-than-average TE the Packers have had on the roster - Finley?
Cook and then they let him leave for no apparent reason and replaced him with Graham corpse.

Martellus Bennett

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,865

Post#711 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:43 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

Martellus Bennett

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Talk about a waste of skin.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,980

Post#712 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:46 am

raysbookclub wrote:If we don’t fumble at the end of the half, we’re up minimum 12-3, maybe 16-3, instead of 9-6. We lost by 4. Huge huge fumble.

Aaron Jones fumbles a lot in big games.

That fumble reminded me of Marcedes last year vs. SF.

Mags FTW wrote:Let's be honest, a week of playoff hype would've been cool. But next weekend SF would've kicked the crap out of us.

Go Bills, but I'll take anyone but Minnesota winning it.

Yup. I’m rooting for the Bills. They were my SB pick preseason. Allen needs to stop throwing dumb INTs though.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#713 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Jan 9, 2023 6:29 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

What does this even mean? I would really like an answer.

You think I'm torturing myself watching this garbage as a part of some elaborate scheme?

Can I get my answer, please?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#714 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 9, 2023 7:15 am

Rodgers after the game questioned the play calls on our last drive.

I'm not sure what you could see on the TV but I'm telling you:
1st down Doubs was wide open on the left sideline, 20 yards up field. There wasn't a dB within 10 yards of him either way, maybe more. If Rodgers throws it to him, Doubs might take it for a td if not at least 20-30 yards. He dumped off to Jones.

After Watson got a first two players later, Rodgers had Cobb wide open over the middle of the field but forced it to Lazard. Corner was around the area but still Cobb found an opening in the zone and Rodgers didn't look his way.

Next play he had Watson open and threw an ugly screen pass that went incomplete to Dillon.

After that he threw a Favre like int.

In the 1st half:
I have no clue why we went for it on our 30, especially with a lazard end around on 4th and 1?

There was also a drive in the 1st (maybe the first drive?) where Rodgers had a wide open lane to the end zone and forced a pass. Reminded me of Favre late in his career. He can't take the cold...and he can't do simple reads when pressure is on.

It was almost exactly like the giants nfc title game which was Favre's last game.....would be ironic if this was Rodgers last game too. Their careers were basically mirrors of each other.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#715 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 9, 2023 7:23 am

I'm sure it was discussed but Quay Walker really frustrated me today. Between the crap in the Eagles, Bills, and Lions game he has to get it under control or it will never work out.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,328

Post#716 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 9, 2023 7:25 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Savage on St.Brown over and over and over…. If MLF brings back Barry then I’d say MLF should go.

But this scenario already played out. He brought him back after last year. Hell, Barry should never have been hired in the first place.

Really, Barry being his choice in the first place is a fireable offense.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,328

Post#717 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 9, 2023 7:26 am

Profound23 wrote:I'm sure it was discussed but Quay Walker really frustrated me today. Between the crap in the Eagles, Bills, and Lions game he has to get it under control or it will never work out.

Inexcusable behavior. Falls on him and also his coordinator, and by proxy, his head coach.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#718 » by MoMM » Mon Jan 9, 2023 10:49 am

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
sdn40 wrote:Some of you need to look at approximately 28 other franchises and their personnel and drafting before pulling the trigger on firing Gute.

He inherited a HOF QB, HOF WR, elite LT, & elite RB. Sure, he's added a few good pieces but so has every other GM in the league.

And somehow he managed to screw the relationship with both HoFs.

That being said, I don't see him getting fired, not even MLF. DC will be gone as the culprit (and he was really bad).

BTW, if Sean McVay leaves the Rams, should we go after him in case MLF gets canned?
MoMM
RealGM

Post#719 » by MoMM » Mon Jan 9, 2023 10:55 am

The unlucky FG by Crosby could have changed the end result (win or loss), because if we were down by only one point, maybe Rodgers wouldn't have forced in that final pass.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#720 » by MoMM » Mon Jan 9, 2023 11:00 am

sdn40 wrote:If anyone is to blame for the OL debacle, it's the coaches for insisting Newman or Hanson were starter material. And let's not forget about the Amari catastrophe. And the red zone garbage is 100% coaching

Exactly. OL and Amari were clear problems that took a lot of time to get fixed, maybe we could have another win if we had made some changes earlier. It was clear for everyone that changes should have be made here in the board, I just don't know how they took so much time to figure it out.

Red Zone is just unacceptable. We had the Bottom 2 Red Zone this year. It was always one or two stupid runs by Dillon and then we were 3-10 or something like this.

Return to Green Bay Packers