ImageImage

Packers Trades, Transactions, News - 2023 Off Season - Rodgers Poll Added

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

How does the Rodgers Saga Play Out This Offseason?

Rodgers Retires
3%
Rodgers is the Packers QB in 2023
22%
Traded to Raiders
24%
Traded to Jets
45%
Traded to another team (specific in a post which one)
6%

Total votes: 88

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: Packers Trades, Transactions, News - 2023 Off Season - Rodgers Poll Added 

Post#1821 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:14 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1822 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:17 pm

Nothing feeds Twitter and Internet message boards like drama. We all get sucked into it. I certainly do. Besides compensation the Jets will likely want to rework the contract and that can take time (reworking the contract doesn't change anything on the Packers end). I don't believe for a second that Rodgers/Packers/Jets have no idea what's going to happen.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#1823 » by skones » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:17 pm

FWIW, the ultimate Aaron Rodgers stick it to the man, thumb at the front office, at this point would be to publicly tell everyone that he wants to stay a Packer.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1824 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:21 pm

Why do so many of you think Rodgers wants to "stick it" to the Packers? What if he really does want to finish his career in Green Bay? Why is that so terrible? Certainly the Packers appear to be ready to move on to Love and that's fine, that's a football decision. But this notion that he wants to somehow screw over the franchise is hilarious.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#1825 » by ReddRum » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:23 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=0Eqw01gc5Et3ZHXBOkSGqw&s=19

So much for that theory

What is Pat gonna say?? "Oh yeah I know whats going on but you have to wait until tomorrow" LOL Then the shock factor is gone. I have no idea if he will announce on the Pat McAee show tomorrow. Its just a hunch...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,049

Post#1826 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:25 pm

ReddRum wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So much for that theory

What is Pat gonna say?? "Oh yeah I know whats going on but you have to wait until tomorrow" LOL Then the shock factor is gone. I have no idea if he will announce on the Pat McAee show tomorrow. Its just a hunch...

Why would Rodgers wait until tomorrow to go on McAfee when he could go on today?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1827 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:30 pm

When this is all wrapped up the first story I want to see is about Love getting together with Watson and Doubs and working on the offense together. A few times in the offseason. Add in any WR or TE we draft or sign. And all of them attending the optional team workouts in GB. I have no doubt they will all happily do that.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#1828 » by th87 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:34 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:The people who are cool with Rodgers holding this team hostage every year are the same ones who were fine when Favre did it too. They'll blame management while building a cult of personality around the player.

Last time they didn't stop complaining until the Packers won the superbowl in 2011 and finally accepted this Rodgers guy is pretty good. Hopefully history repeats itself with Love or we'll never hear the end of it.

Untrue. Favre actually retired and the team moved on.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#1829 » by Swan Vox » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:35 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:When this is all wrapped up the first story I want to see is about Love getting together with Watson and Doubs and working on the offense together. A few times in the offseason. Add in any WR or TE we draft or sign. And all of them attending the optional team workouts in GB. I have no doubt they will all happily do that.

Already seeing video of Love doing off-season work, while ARod stares at his navel in the dark. Bring on the Love-era. Ready to see what the kids got.
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#1830 » by ReddRum » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:37 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReddRum wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So much for that theory

Why would Rodgers wait until tomorrow to go on McAfee when he could go on today?

Tradition. He is on there every Tuesday if I'm not mistaken...or maybe he just really doesn't have his mind made up yet. Who knows...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1831 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:39 pm

ReddRum wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
ReddRum wrote:

Tradition. He is on there every Tuesday if I'm not mistaken...or maybe he just really doesn't have his mind made up yet. Who knows...

Fwiw he is not scheduled to be on McAfee tomorrow, and if that had changed you'd think McAfee would market the hell out of that
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,673

Post#1832 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:41 pm

Probably not a good idea to assign face value to words uttered from all concerned parties.

.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Post#1833 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:46 pm

skones wrote:FWIW, the ultimate Aaron Rodgers stick it to the man, thumb at the front office, at this point would be to publicly tell everyone that he wants to stay a Packer.

If I were the Packers my response to that would be to publicly embrace his return and say we would gladly welcome you back but you're going to be the backup to Jordan Love. If that's how he wants to spend the end of his career trying to navigate that situation then that's fine. Financially and probably also in the locker room it would be a hilarious disaster but that's on Gute so I don't feel bad for him.
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#1834 » by ReddRum » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:46 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReddRum wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Fwiw he is not scheduled to be on McAfee tomorrow, and if that had changed you'd think McAfee would market the hell out of that

Interesting, I haven't checked, I just thought maybe tomorrow would be the day being right before free agency...

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#1835 » by Frank Nova » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:47 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Why do so many of you think Rodgers wants to "stick it" to the Packers? What if he really does want to finish his career in Green Bay? Why is that so terrible? Certainly the Packers appear to be ready to move on to Love and that's fine, that's a football decision. But this notion that he wants to somehow screw over the franchise is hilarious.

I don’t think he’s trying to screw over anyone or anything. I think he’s just simply having a hard time making a life altering decision he’s basically being forced into. I just believe under the notion he’s spent the last 3 seasons in Green Bay not liking the brass of the organization, idk why anyone thinks he won’t spend the last year or 2 of his career doing the same? Coming back is 100% on the table whether fans hate it or love it.

The only 1 and true issue I have with Rodgers is his demands to bring his tag-a-longs with him. It’s very Lebron like in my opinion and I’ve always hated that about Lebron as well. Getting your friends paid under the illusion they’re going to help you win games based off trust alone is a poison pill. But not trusting this front office to make smart decisions is something I can 100% understand as well..

Management **** up this situation, not Rodgers. And I’ll gladly die on that hill like I’ve been saying this entire time.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,617

Post#1836 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#1837 » by Swan Vox » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:57 pm

Any cap folks know if this is true or not for Rodgers contract?

Read on Twitter
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#1838 » by RRyder823 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:59 pm

ReddRum wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
ReddRum wrote:

Interesting, I haven't checked, I just thought maybe tomorrow would be the day being right before free agency...
For all intents and purposes Free Agency has started

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1839 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:00 pm

Good stuff on bringing Nixon back, was fun having an actual threat returning the ball.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1840 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:01 pm

Swan Vox wrote:Any cap folks know if this is true or not for Rodgers contract?

Read on Twitter

Nothing can be official for a few days but news would come out similar to the Matt Stafford or Alex Smith trades of the last few years

Return to Green Bay Packers