ImageImage

Jordan Love Thread - All Aboard the Love Train

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: Jordan Love Thread - All Aboard the Love Train 

Post#161 » by gbmb34 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:51 pm

Would love to take Hooker in say the 3rd as a backup/redshirt QB.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,585

Post#162 » by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:32 am

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#163 » by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:54 pm

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#164 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:20 pm

gbmb34 wrote:Would love to take Hooker in say the 3rd as a backup/redshirt QB.

Talk of Hooker going much higher.

I am just hesitant to spend a premium pick on a guy who is going to be 26 in his rookie season.

Big on DTR in 4-6th rounds.

Do it for Chuck
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#165 » by Mags FTW » Thu Apr 6, 2023 10:44 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:Would love to take Hooker in say the 3rd as a backup/redshirt QB.

Talk of Hooker going much higher.

I am just hesitant to spend a premium pick on a guy who is going to be 26 in his rookie season.

Big on DTR in 4-6th rounds.

Yup

viewtopic.php?p=102035623#p102035623
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,048

Post#166 » by MVP2110 » Fri Apr 7, 2023 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=cMLqLZV1KD0zOyv2Y_yqMw&s=19

Reminder of how Love was viewed after the combine
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#167 » by sdn40 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:21 pm

Jordan Love already sending hints to Gute on who the Packers should draft.
Next thing he will be wanting some Utah State buddies signed.
I bet he doesn't cover his mouth when he sneezes.
He has probably killed lots of people too

https://wisportsheroics.com/jordan-love-wide-receiver-team-up/
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#168 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter

LFG!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#169 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#170 » by jimmybones » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:49 pm

Happy for Jordan! Rooting for him obviously as a Packers fan but also because he handled this whole circus so maturely. Let’s go JLove!
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#171 » by Matches Malone » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#172 » by LUKE23 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:06 pm

Please just let him be great or terrible, and not Carr/Tannehill/Cousins/D. Jones/etc. Best case is that he clearly looks like the guy but we win 4-6 games (similar to AR's first year as starter), and Jets miss the playoffs as well. Rebuild this thing quick. If he's terrible, we have draft ammo to move up (maybe).

I just don't want a middling season or for Love to look mediocre.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#173 » by stillgotgame » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:17 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Please just let him be great or terrible, and not Carr/Tannehill/Cousins/D. Jones/etc. Best case is that he clearly looks like the guy but we win 4-6 games (similar to AR's first year as starter), and Jets miss the playoffs as well. Rebuild this thing quick. If he's terrible, we have draft ammo to move up (maybe).

Favre was very mediocre his first 2 years, 37 TDs and 37 interceptions.

Rodgers went 6-10 his first year, with 28/13. We were positively loaded that year, with Driver, Jennings, James Jones veterans and Jordy & Jermichael were rookies. Despite a loaded offense we still went 6-10.

Love is throwing to 2 second year guys and a bunch of rookies. Saying that he's going to better than Cousins, Carr and Tannehill with this cast is a ridiculous expectation.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,048

Post#174 » by MVP2110 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:14 pm

Curious how you guys think this draft will effect Love's evaluation for next season. On one hand the Packers have surrounded him with several young weapons to grow with, on the other hand though young is a key word there. TEs usually don't make a huge impact on year 1 and frankly neither do WRs(although there are some notable exceptions). Considering Love is now surrounded with a ton of rookie and 2nd year weapons(and Deguara) I'm not sure what I even expect of Love and the offense this season.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,234

Post#175 » by dbrodz7 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:09 pm

I personally think we were seeing a lot of the Rodgers offense last year and not the Lafluer offense. I think guys are going to be schemed open on a lot of shorter throws that Love will take that Rodgers wouldn't have. I think we might run more as well because I think Aaron checked out of a lot of Lafluer runs. I'm optimistic after watching a 7th round pick successfully run Shanahan's offense that Love will take the throws that are there and look pretty decent doing so.
Misery loves company
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#176 » by WRau1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:20 pm

I just want Love to be great because I have Bears/Vikings/Lions fans in the family that always talk about how lucky GB is to have had b2b HOF qbs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Post#177 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#178 » by ReasonablySober » Sun May 7, 2023 2:22 am

With Aaron Rodgers taking off to the Jets, Jordan Love has landed the job as QB1 in Green Bay.

There are still question marks over the young QB's ability to fill the shoes of the four-time MVP, but as long as the Packers have quarterbacks coach Tom Clements, head coach Matt LaFleur knows that Love will continue to improve.

"Just watching him last year. I think Jordan's made some huge strides," LeFleur told reporters Saturday. "I really do and I think a lot of it is a credit to Tom, and just, he knows how to train these guys. He knows how to drill them and he's very, very consistent. He doesn't sugarcoat anything. He just is matter of fact and I think there's no doubt."

LaFleur may be the one complimenting Clements now, but the first one to recognize the quarterbacks coach's talents was none other than Rodgers.

"Aaron would praise him and give him so much credit in his own development," LeFleur said. "I think anytime you got a player like that, especially of that talent and how much you respect a guy like Aaron, you always listen to that."

Clements originally joined the Packers in 2006, working his way up from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator to assistant head coach over the course of a decade. After departing Green Bay in 2017, Clements was rehired as the Packers' quarterbacks coach in February of 2022. After spending this last season with Rodgers and Love, Clements seemed to have a major impact on Love's growth.

"I asked Jordan after the season how he felt about him and he said he loved Tom, and thought he did a helluva job helping him, you know, develop over the course of the year," LaFleur said. "For me, it was a no-brainer. It was just whether or not Tom wanted to come back, so I'm happy he wanted to be here, and you know, we're lucky to have him.

"He does a great job, too, not only with the quarterbacks but just helping out with our offense and bringing suggestions and great ideas. You know, it's been a fun process getting to know him and just the standards that he holds, that room, too, and he does a helluva job."
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,769

Post#179 » by Ayt » Sun May 7, 2023 4:59 am

LUKE23 wrote:Please just let him be great or terrible, and not Carr/Tannehill/Cousins/D. Jones/etc. Best case is that he clearly looks like the guy but we win 4-6 games (similar to AR's first year as starter), and Jets miss the playoffs as well. Rebuild this thing quick. If he's terrible, we have draft ammo to move up (maybe).

He's going to be great.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#180 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 23, 2023 1:43 pm

PFF ranks him 26th heading into the season.

26. JORDAN LOVE, GREEN BAY PACKERS
Love passed for 9.3 yards per attempt last season and earned a 78.7 PFF grade. On the other hand, he attempted 21 passes and was disastrous the last time he was on the field before that. We have very little idea what Love can become, with the biggest piece of evidence being that the Packers decided it was time to move on from Aaron Rodgers and turn the keys over to his successor. Countering that was the contract they got Love to agree to, which could only have started with the assumption that they were not going to pick up his fifth-year option.

If he plays like the 26th best QB next season the Packers will be in on Maye, Williams, or Penix.

Return to Green Bay Packers