ImageImage

Aaron Rodgers Traded to Jets - Rodgers/#15/#170 for #13/#42 & conditional 2024 second/first

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Re: Aaron Rodgers Traded to Jets - Rodgers/#15/#170 for #13/#42 & conditional 2024 second/first 

Post#1321 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 31, 2023 4:00 pm

His talent is unquestioned. I have no use for anything else. Glad we've moved on.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: Aaron Rodgers Traded to Jets - Rodgers/#15/#170 for #13/#42 & conditional 2024 second/first 

Post#1322 » by jakecronus8 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:04 pm

Read the article.

If you walk away with any other thoughts than “fck that guy” I got nothing left for you.

Go Pack Go
Do it for Chuck
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#1323 » by Mags FTW » Wed May 31, 2023 5:07 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Going to be really fun to root against AR and the Jets this season.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#1324 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 31, 2023 5:21 pm

I don't even have the energy to read it or give a **** about him anymore. But yeah, that all tracks. Didn't think I'd ever see another franchise QB burn every bridge while being such an immature crybaby about it quite like Favre did, but here we are...
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#1325 » by Treebeard » Wed May 31, 2023 5:44 pm

It (Aaron's gripes) will be an interesting side-bar to the way both teams play this season. Aaron can certainly carry a grudge past its sell-by date, but he'll have other Jets issues and a 39year old body to deal with come September. Aren't they also still working on who plays both tackles too? We'll probably hear more chippy chirping if the Jets are playoff bound and the Packers are not. Of course, we might hear that anyway if the Packers are in the playoff race late in the season. Or, door #3, Aaron gives Jordan a hearty pat on the back, while giving Gute a dig. Soap opera coverage on the sports talk circuit
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#1326 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 31, 2023 6:17 pm

Asked about the two sides’ differing stories, Rodgers credited the disconnect to the Packers not using FaceTime to call him.

“I have zero or one bar at the house, so you call me — sometimes it goes through, most of the time it drops and doesn’t go through,” Rodgers said. “Everybody who knows me, when I’m out west, they know that’s how to get a hold of me. So you can say whatever you want about that, but that’s the f—— truth.

I can't believe he's still sticking to this. FaceTime and calling use the same damn protocol. If you can FaceTime, you can make and receive calls.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1327 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 31, 2023 6:34 pm

I don't have an athletic sub so I've only caught bits and pieces but Aaron should probably stop talking it's a bad look.

He's a very petty and vindictive dude, not excusing his behavior but we've all know this for years. Nothing that transpired since the Love pick should have surprised anyone. That was always my knock on the Packers side. Acting like everything was going to be all good after making that selection was either obtuse or foolish. The minute they made that pick the relationship was burned and they should have lived with the decision and traded Rodgers either immediately or after that first year.

On a personal level I do get why your employer lining up your successor would annoy you if you weren't planning on leaving.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,286

Post#1328 » by Finn » Wed May 31, 2023 7:54 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I don't have an athletic sub so I've only caught bits and pieces but Aaron should probably stop talking it's a bad look.

He's a very petty and vindictive dude, not excusing his behavior but we've all know this for years. Nothing that transpired since the Love pick should have surprised anyone. That was always my knock on the Packers side. Acting like everything was going to be all good after making that selection was either obtuse or foolish. The minute they made that pick the relationship was burned and they should have lived with the decision and traded Rodgers either immediately or after that first year.

On a personal level I do get why your employer lining up your successor would annoy you if you weren't planning on leaving.

I'll never agree with this, nor understand the thinking.

Rodgers himself was drafted to one day replace a beloved QB. And even if he wanted to play with the Pack until he turned 45 (or whatever he said), **** happens. He could have sustained a serious injury forcing him to retire, he could have changed his mind, or he could have gotten run over by the proverbial bus. To think that the team shouldn't do what it thinks is best for the long term health of the team is :crazy:.

I do agree they should have moved him sooner.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1329 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 31, 2023 8:09 pm

Finn wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I don't have an athletic sub so I've only caught bits and pieces but Aaron should probably stop talking it's a bad look.

I'll never agree with this, nor understand the thinking.

Rodgers himself was drafted to one day replace a beloved QB. And even if he wanted to play with the Pack until he turned 45 (or whatever he said), **** happens. He could have sustained a serious injury forcing him to retire, he could have changed his mind, or he could have gotten run over by the proverbial bus. To think that the team shouldn't do what it thinks is best for the long term health of the team is :crazy:.

I do agree they should have moved him sooner.
Not sure what part you don't agree with but I'll clarify I'm not arguing the logic of taking Love that year, I think there are pros and cons with that. Just simply that doing so was obviously going to piss off Rodgers. So when they made that decision they should have lived with it and moved on.

It's like if you've been married for 10+ years. Your wife if great but you know she's the irrational jealous type. Then you hire a hot flirty personal assistant, she could be the most qualified and you could have no bad intentions but you shouldn't be surprised when the hire causes problems with your wife. You need to understand the personality of the person you're dealing with both good and bad.

There's a human element to this, I think we've all been in situations where we understand the logic of someone's actions and it still pisses us off. I bet a lot of folks put in Aaron's shoes would have been mad about the love pick even if they understand why GB did it.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,286

Post#1330 » by Finn » Wed May 31, 2023 8:17 pm

I disagree with the part I enlarged. AR12 is supposed to be an adult & he should have said to himself "that's life in the NFL". Throwing the relationship into the garbage can is on him.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1331 » by M-C-G » Wed May 31, 2023 8:40 pm

Finn wrote:I disagree with the part I enlarged. AR12 is supposed to be an adult & he should have said to himself "that's life in the NFL". Throwing the relationship into the garbage can is on him.

The funniest thing about it, he was asked the year before we drafted Love 'what if the Packers draft a QB?' and he came back with 'they need to do what is best for the franchise, I get it, it is a business...'

Now that he is on the Jets, he should really stop talking about the Packers...that would be obvious thing, but instead he keeps sounding like a jilted ex girlfriend.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1332 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 31, 2023 8:42 pm

Finn wrote:I disagree with the part I enlarged. AR12 is supposed to be an adult & he should have said to himself "that's life in the NFL". Throwing the relationship into the garbage can is on him.
Right on. Bolding doesn't show up on the app so missed that.

Yeah it's fair to say he should have handled it better I just never expected him to.

He went through that situation with Favre but other than how he treated Love I don't think it really helped because the reality was he was drafted as Favres replacement and that's why he viewed Love the same.

The whole this is just the NFL and it's a business can be flipped the other way. Rodgers could point at his trying to get Gute fired, demanding a trade, extorting that crazy extension as just 'hey I'm a star and this the **** stars get away with in this business'. You can't accept one side making cold decisions in their best interest and then criticize the other side for doing the same.

And bottom line he really needs to stop talking about the Packers and just move on with his life as a Jet. He needs a friend to tell him to stfu.

PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,228

Post#1333 » by PintSizedBox10 » Wed May 31, 2023 10:02 pm

Rodgers doesn't like Gute. Gute doesn't like Rodgers. It was time to move one to the young gun
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1334 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:36 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

The whole this is just the NFL and it's a business can be flipped the other way.

I was watching the post OTA interview with Kenny Clark yesterday and they asked him a question about the guys that aren't with the team any longer. He said something like; 'this is the NFL, one day all of us won't be here, that's the way it is'....I'm paraphrasing somewhat but that was the gist and that is exactly what I wanted to hear out of Rodgers and then just move on. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, etc. all ended up playing with different teams, just the way it is.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#1335 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Jun 5, 2023 9:37 pm

in a few years Rodgers will be back in Green Bay getting his standing ovation. Hilarious how the NFL media is giving him the OTA MVP this year though.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 270

Post#1336 » by Reddeye » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:16 am

Read on Twitter

"You got a quarterback that has a major chip on his shoulder; you have an offensive coordinator who has to have a major chip on his shoulder," Esiason said during Friday's edition of the WFAN morning show, per Ryan Chichester of Audacy. "I’m thinking, if Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, he’s gonna have 50 touchdown passes this season, minimum."
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1337 » by MoMM » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:21 am

Reddeye wrote:
Read on Twitter

"You got a quarterback that has a major chip on his shoulder; you have an offensive coordinator who has to have a major chip on his shoulder," Esiason said during Friday's edition of the WFAN morning show, per Ryan Chichester of Audacy. "I’m thinking, if Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, he’s gonna have 50 touchdown passes this season, minimum."

Good, we get a 1st this way.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#1338 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:24 am

I have a chip on my shoulder too but I can barely get out of bed some days. Old is old - wtf does a chip on your shoulder have to do with it? It's a fine line between that and just pathetic old bitterness.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#1339 » by Treebeard » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:56 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I have a chip on my shoulder too but I can barely get out of bed some days. Old is old - wtf does a chip on your shoulder have to do with it? It's a fine line between that and just pathetic old bitterness.

Yup.

I can see Rogers coming in like gang-busters, but with the wifty state of the Jets O-line, the accumulation of sacks, tackles, late-ish hits will take its toll on his performance as the season goes on. (FWIW, PFFs pre-season ranking has the Packers O-line at #8 and the Jets at #28)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#1340 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:57 pm

Garrett Wilson had 83/1,103 as a rookie with Zach Wilson, Mike White and Joe Flacco throwing to him. With Rodgers he could have 200 catches. Not really but that duo could be amazing.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers