ImageImage

Aaron Rodgers Traded to Jets - Rodgers/#15/#170 for #13/#42 & conditional 2024 second/first

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Aaron Rodgers to the Jets Thread: NYJ Trade Moore to CLE for 2nd 

Post#541 » by MoMM » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:55 am

LUKE23 wrote:I’m posting SOS links. Are you insinuating we should look at SOS some other way? If so, I’m assuming we are doing this for all objective/numerical arguments moving forward?

When have we not used SOS links to measure SOS? I’ve been here as long as you have.

I agree with you, but I think there are things that SOS doesn't consider, for example, playing Browns and Dolphins without their starting QB or SF with/without McCaffrey, let's say the team is a 60%, but without them it is more like 40%.

Packers is another example, facing us earlier in the season we wouldn't have Watson (injured), Amari was our returner and D was super bad. By the end of the season, Watson was playing (well), Nixon I don't even need to say anything and D was okayish. To sum up, depending on the week played you could be facing a bottom 5 team, or a top10-15 team.

Another point is that a win is a win, but it could have different margin of points, etc. SF and Vikings had the same record (13-4), but SF had a +173 in points, Vikings -3. That's why there is the discussion about being a legit 13-4 or not, for example.

Anyway, super hard to take in consideration injuries, trade, signings, rookie development, etc and there is no better way to do it right now, probably it will evolve in the future, just like the player stats evolved into advanced player stats.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#542 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:10 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
th87 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Rodgers has shown us, for well over a decade, that he uses any perceived slight as his defining motivational factor. If you don't think his last two MVPs were a direct result of drafting Love, you're delusional.

Hmm, so if you believe that, you also must believe that his decline this past year was due to a lack of such motivation (i.e. apathy for the Packers).

Or he was hurt and old and didn't spend any time with his new WRs.

Also he signed likely his final contract. The guy likes money. I can even put my tinfoil hat on and say that maybe he didn't put 100% into cooperating with the team because he knew he held all of the cards this year. I'm not saying he tanked, the guy played through injury so I commend him for that...but maybe he didn't listen to MLF every time because he knew if the season didn't go right, he could end up in a better roster position and he could mostly call the shots.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#543 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:14 pm

Yeah, Sagarin which is close to any advanced metric thought the Jets were the 27th best team this year.

However, if Rodgers plays like a good QB, that makes a massive, massive difference over what they had. I don't really know how to feel about it.

You could say they played a bit of a lucky schedule/won some close games and therefore 12 is walking into a 5-12 caliber team or you could say that with a competent QB they were an 11-6 team and he is a competent QB with upside to carry them even higher.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#544 » by GBPackers47 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:49 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Yeah, Sagarin which is close to any advanced metric thought the Jets were the 27th best team this year.

However, if Rodgers plays like a good QB, that makes a massive, massive difference over what they had. I don't really know how to feel about it.

You could say they played a bit of a lucky schedule/won some close games and therefore 12 is walking into a 5-12 caliber team or you could say that with a competent QB they were an 11-6 team and he is a competent QB with upside to carry them even higher.

The 7-10 Denver Broncos were also just a QB away before going 5-12
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#545 » by LUKE23 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:17 pm

The fact that Wilson bombed with Denver has no relation to AR/Jets.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#546 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:44 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The fact that Wilson bombed with Denver has no relation to AR/Jets.
It has some impact, it's a recent and glaring example of how this can go wrong. Now you also have counter points with Stafford and Brady. But I'm sure a front office looks at it all and Wilson's trash year probably hurts Rodgers market/value a little.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Re: Aaron Rodgers to the Jets Thread: Packers Aren't Seeking Multiple Firsts 

Post#547 » by stillgotgame » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:58 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:Arguing about having the upper hand in these negotiations is like pointing a gun at someone who's pointing a gun at you and saying "I'll kill you harder!"

Getting stuck with Aaron's roster bonus would be absolutely devastating for the Packers, and that's pretty much guaranteed. One could plausibly argue that the Jets might end up dodging a bullet by not getting a trade done, but obviously they have nearly every reason to want this to work out too.

Guns still pointing. Let's get this duel over with. Time is definitely not on our side.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,228

Post#548 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:42 am

GBPackers47 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Yeah, Sagarin which is close to any advanced metric thought the Jets were the 27th best team this year.

And Denver was also in a tougher division just like NY. Even w/ Rodgers the Jets aren't waltzing to a division title.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,849

Post#549 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:56 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
GBPackers47 wrote:

And Denver was also in a tougher division just like NY. Even w/ Rodgers the Jets aren't waltzing to a division title.

Russell Wilson was also coming off of a top-10 QBR season at age 33, whereas Rodgers is coming off of a bottom-7 QBR* season at age 39. His passer rating is deceiving because he can't escape pressure to save his life anymore, so QBR is a more accurate representation of his ability to produce offense. He might be sacked 60 times on the Jets, if he doesn't get injured first.

*27th - Rodgers
28th - Russell Wilson
29th - Zach Wilson

Bend them over a barrell for multiple first-rounders Gute! :lol:
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#550 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:40 pm

Wake me up when the deal isn't being held up anymore.

stillgotgame
Analyst

Post#551 » by stillgotgame » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:04 pm

I've finally figured out what the hold up is. Packers and Jets have agreed on compensation. It includes Corey Davis - the Jets have to trade or cut him to create enough cap room to fit Rodgers. We need to redo his contract before he gets here, as he's owed $10.5M salary for this year and that won't fit under our cap either.

But Gute can't figure out how much to pay Davis, because his RAS is incomplete. :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,620

Post#552 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#553 » by humanrefutation » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#554 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:50 pm

LOL so I was wrong on that one.
stillgotgame
Analyst

Post#555 » by stillgotgame » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:01 pm

If the Jets bring Lamar in for a visit this blows up.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#556 » by Mags FTW » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:05 pm

stillgotgame wrote:If the Jets bring Lamar in for a visit this blows up.

Or it's a smokescreen.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#557 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:06 pm

I'd bring him in if I were the Jets.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#558 » by skones » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:11 pm

I mean, they absolutely should based on the way the Packers are playing the game and rightfully so. HOWEVER, I think Rodgers also goes scorched earth in that situation based on the conversations he's had with them and the Jets lose out on their number 1 guy as a result.

They're kind of stuck. It's one thing if they pivot to Jackson being their guy, I just don't see it happening. They're pot committed.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#559 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:23 pm

Then we can bring Lamar in for a visit here too. :lol:
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,683

Post#560 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:26 pm

Jackson is representing himself and the Jets would have to poison that contract offer so badly as to make Baltimore want no part in matching it. They can "bring him in" for a visit as he's technically a free agent, but I think everyone in the room would understand it's just a desperate leverage play. I'll believe Lamar to New York is a possibility when I see him in a Jets jersey.

Return to Green Bay Packers