ImageImage

Round 2 - #50 - Jayden Reed

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Finn
Starter
And1: 2,254

Re: Round 2 - #50 - Jayden Reed 

Post#61 » by Finn » Wed May 3, 2023 12:06 am

Well, the MSU QB Thorne jumped into the portal too so not sure that makes a ton of sense.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#62 » by Swan Vox » Wed May 3, 2023 10:20 pm

Andy Herman has a great breakdown on Reed today. His enthusiasm about the pick is contagious!

Found some good senior bowl highlights of Jayden smoking dudes off the line of scrimmage here too. Great feet.

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#63 » by MikeIsGood » Wed May 3, 2023 11:03 pm

Glad y'all are coming around. I think there's a lot of good reason for optimism with him.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#64 » by Frank Nova » Wed May 3, 2023 11:41 pm

I will definitely compare Reed with Jalin Hyatt for the foreseeable future. I’m hoping to be wrong but I still have my reservations we chose the wrong WR. Like Dewey Cox’s dad always said “the wrong kid died” will be how I feel until Reed proves me wrong…. And hopefully he does!

I’m not gonna say anything bad about Reed tho. He looks dynamic and oozes confidence and those are 2 attributes you love to check off for a WR.. #11 is a fire number too so I’m hoping he looks good in it!
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#65 » by Mags FTW » Thu May 4, 2023 12:32 am

Swan Vox wrote:Andy Herman has a great breakdown on Reed today. His enthusiasm about the pick is contagious!

Found some good senior bowl highlights of Jayden smoking dudes off the line of scrimmage here too. Great feet.

Had to laugh at the clip against Blackmon where he grabbed Reed's jersey. Someone posted a Tweet to the Vikings subreddit of a different clip of their 1 v 1 at about the 10yd line. Blackmon had his hands all over Reed, and forced an incompletion. The homers thought it was great coverage. A couple realists admitted it was PI.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,364

Post#66 » by Ron Swanson » Thu May 4, 2023 2:16 am

I honestly didn't read up on him much cuz I didn't think he'd be a Packers type physical/athletic profile, but there's two things I'll always trust this organization to draft:

- O-lineman

- Receivers in the 2nd round.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#67 » by emunney » Fri May 5, 2023 8:14 pm

I'm on the fence on this guy and am embarrassed for him that he doesn't have a 3 cone drill time to make up my mind for me.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#68 » by Mags FTW » Mon May 8, 2023 2:48 am

Has there ever been any analysis done on how the quality of a WR's college QB predicts their possible pro trajectory?
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#69 » by IrishRainbow » Mon May 8, 2023 1:35 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Has there ever been any analysis done on how the quality of a WR's college QB predicts their possible pro trajectory?

Sounds like an opportunity.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#70 » by emunney » Mon May 8, 2023 2:26 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Has there ever been any analysis done on how the quality of a WR's college QB predicts their possible pro trajectory?

What's your hypothesis?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#71 » by Mags FTW » Mon May 8, 2023 4:47 pm

emunney wrote:

What's your hypothesis?

Lol, not sure I have one. I was just comparing Reed to someone like Addison. Addison had Kenny Pickett throwing to him at Pitt, and then Caleb Williams throwing to him at USC.

Based on all of the data from past college QB/WR duos who were both drafted, does the data show that more often the QB made the WR look better in college, or vice versa?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,233

Post#72 » by Matches Malone » Thu May 11, 2023 1:11 am

At Wrigley already trolling Cubs fans :lol:

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#73 » by Matches Malone » Thu May 18, 2023 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#74 » by Frank Nova » Thu May 18, 2023 6:05 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
emunney wrote:

What's your hypothesis?

Lol, not sure I have one. I was just comparing Reed to someone like Addison. Addison had Kenny Pickett throwing to him at Pitt, and then Caleb Williams throwing to him at USC.

Based on all of the data from past college QB/WR duos who were both drafted, does the data show that more often the QB made the WR look better in college, or vice versa?

Addison doubled his production at Pitt with KP than he did at USC with Caleb. I have no idea what to make of that personally. KP wasn’t a 1st round prospect before his big season with Addison and Caleb was a generational QB prospect before Addison and the numbers are pretty much opposite of what you would expect.. I also don’t think Addison was a 1st round WR prospect nor was someone like Zay Flowers but here we are.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#75 » by M-C-G » Thu May 18, 2023 6:42 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
emunney wrote:
What's your hypothesis?

Addison doubled his production at Pitt with KP than he did at USC with Caleb. I have no idea what to make of that personally. KP wasn’t a 1st round prospect before his big season with Addison and Caleb was a generational QB prospect before Addison and the numbers are pretty much opposite of what you would expect.. I also don’t think Addison was a 1st round WR prospect nor was someone like Zay Flowers but here we are.

Pulling from memory but wasn't Addison used completely differently from Pitt to USC? I feel like he was mostly slot and then moved mostly to outside or vice versa.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 18, 2023 6:47 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Lol, not sure I have one. I was just comparing Reed to someone like Addison. Addison had Kenny Pickett throwing to him at Pitt, and then Caleb Williams throwing to him at USC.

Pulling from memory but wasn't Addison used completely differently from Pitt to USC? I feel like he was mostly slot and then moved mostly to outside or vice versa.

In 2021 at Pitt he was 576 slot, 256 wide.
In 2022 at USC he was 422 wide, 102 slot.

For comparison, in 2022 at MSU Reed was 488 wide, 149 slot.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#77 » by Frank Nova » Thu May 18, 2023 6:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

RS, how does that compare to Reeds usage at MSU? Idk how to compare Addison from Pitt to USC, especially now with how different he was used.. Addison was much better in the slot than he was lined out wide? I’d say that seems obvious right?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#78 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 18, 2023 6:55 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

RS, how does that compare to Reeds usage at MSU? Idk how to compare Addison from Pitt to USC, especially now with how different he was used.. Addison was much better in the slot than he was lined out wide? I’d say that seems obvious right?

Addison had an 89 grade at Pitt and an 82 grade at USC per PFF, both elite. Reed had grades of 82 and 70 the last two seasons.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#79 » by M-C-G » Thu May 18, 2023 8:05 pm

Such a great compliment to Doubs and Watson

If you like good film breakdowns, Bask does one on Reed

Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#80 » by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 3, 2023 3:01 pm